Cruise Critic Community
joyce&bob

Classic Drink Pkg Includes???

Have been on Celebrity many times, but in the past were given the Premium Drink pkg. but, this time only the Classic, so some clarification would be appreciated.

I know you can upgrade a drink & pay the difference over a certain $ amount plus 18% gratuity and  I understand the classic cocktails will be made only with the liquor offered in the  classic pkg. 

My question is exactly what mixed drinks are included??  Martini - Manhattan  - Old Fashion -Margaretta - other drinks made in the blender etc.

You can get most cocktails with the Classic Package, there is a listing on the X website, the only thing is they will use well alcohol in the drink unless you specify a certain type of premium alcohol.

If you are particular to high end brands you may want to get the Premium Package.

But, you have to watch what they pour, I have experienced on a few occasions that the bartender my try to use a lower brand alcohol instead of the higher brand.

This will give you an idea of the liquors used in the drinks. They can make most everything with the liquor included in the package. A lot of bars, lounges, restaurants have cocktails on their bar lists and you could get anything $9 or less or just have them make a margarita the way you like it with the tequila included in your package.  The gratuities are 20% now.

Beverage-Packages X 3.pdf

This Pool Bar menu has some frozen drinks for $9.

Pool Bar Menu.pdf

We had the classic package on our cruise last year and we had no problem getting a good drink anywhere on the ship

I have a question about the non-alcoholic beverages on the classic beverage package.  Is there a dollar limit on non-alcoholic drinks , and can we order a premium non-alcoholic beverage (like San Pellegrino sparkling water or a premium juice) and just pay the amount (with tip) that is over the classic limit?  

Cheryl

3 minutes ago, ConnMom said:

I have a question about the non-alcoholic beverages on the classic beverage package.  Is there a dollar limit on non-alcoholic drinks , and can we order a premium non-alcoholic beverage (like San Pellegrino sparkling water or a premium juice) and just pay the amount (with tip) that is over the classic limit?  

Cheryl

Yes - I believe with any drink that is over your package you pay the difference plus gratuities

On 10/31/2019 at 10:11 PM, ConnMom said:

Cheryl

I've never seen a stated limit for non-alcoholic drinks and therefore don't believe it is possible to pay a 

"difference" for these - I believe you would have to pay the full price for a San P for instance.

You would have to pay full price for a beverage not on the Classic Package.  For example, Red Bull is not included on the Classic Package although it costs less than $9.  You would have to pay full price for it.  Same with Pellegrino.

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

You would have to pay full price for a beverage not on the Classic Package.  For example, Red Bull is not included on the Classic Package although it costs less than $9.  You would have to pay full price for it.  Same with Pellegrino.

This is incorrect - if you have the classic beverage package and you order a drink from the premium package range then you just pay the difference plus gratuities... you don't pay full price - just the difference

You misunderstood the question asked.  If someone on the Classic Package wants a non alcoholic beverage not on the package, like Pellegrino or Red Bull, both of which are below the Classic $9 price point...you have to pay full price for them.

I had the classic package on our cruise last year and was able to get a Red bull and I think I only paid the $2 difference.... I didn't have to pay full price

3 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

I had the classic package on our cruise last year and was able to get a Red bull and I think I only paid the $2 difference.... I didn't have to pay full price

Difference between what, exactly? Is there a non-alcoholic drink price limit? I've never seen that.

So now I am really confused.  I thought it was $9 per drink regardless..... but it’s not!??

This is from the Celebrity website. 

about how the pricing and perks work here). The Classic Beverage Package perk includes beer up to $6 per glass, wine up to $9 per glass, and liqueur / frozen drinks up to $8 per serving.”

1 hour ago, wpgcycler said:

Difference between what, exactly? Is there a non-alcoholic drink price limit? I've never seen that.

I was just told that red bull was not covered by the classic beverage package and I'd need to pay the 'difference' and from memory it was $2

Upon further research, I see this for the Classic Beverage Package on the Celebrity website.  Which is correct?

• An assortment of wine, beer, and liquor (Drinks up to $9 per serving)

• Fresh and bottled juices
  • Premium coffees and teas
  • Non-premium bottled water

• Soda
  • 15% off bottles of wine

2 hours ago, Muffinz said:

I was just told that red bull was not covered by the classic beverage package and I'd need to pay the 'difference' and from memory it was $2

If true, then this is great for the person who asked the question. However, given that on an early post you stated that "I think I only paid the $2 difference.... ", I'd advise ConnMom to check with Celebrity if this is important to them. 

all I know is that we did not pay the full price for the Red Bull - it was somewhere around $2.... can't remember the exact price but it wasn't full price.... I drank quite a bit on the cruise so my memory is a bit hazy LOL