Back to Back Cruise Questions - Reflection Transatlantic

Debinnova

We are booked on a Celebrity Reflection transatlantic from Florida to Dublin, Ireland. We are thinking of booking a back-to-back which is a British Isles cruise from Dublin back to Dublin on the same ship, departing the same day as the other cruise ends. I have several questions. What will be required if we are US citizens as far as getting off the ship and getting back on in Dublin? Is there anything special that we should know? Also, we have a Veranda cabin booked for the transatlantic. That cabin is not available for the next 10-day Cruise. But we were able to book a similar cabin on the same deck just down the hallways a bit. How do we/they handle the move? TIA

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Can't answer regarding Dublin specifically.  Regarding the move, you are asked to pack everything that is not on hangers and have it in your cabin the morning of the changeover (in other words, do not put it out the night before like everyone else).  The room steward will handle moving everything to the new cabin.  

Keep checking cabin availability as it is always in flux! We are doing a b2b on the Silhouette in February and had two separate cabins. After watching the cabin situation We eventually found a cabin that was available for both cruises and immediately called our TA, who rebooked for us. Be your own advocate.

Hal

8 hours ago, HS2BS said:

Keep checking cabin availability as it is always in flux! We are doing a b2b on the Silhouette in February and had two separate cabins. After watching the cabin situation We eventually found a cabin that was available for both cruises and immediately called our TA, who rebooked for us. Be your own advocate.

Hal

And if your TA is unavailable when you notice an available cabin (e.g. at 2am 🙄 ) place a 24-hour on the cabin on both cruises. Your TA will be able to switch your held cabins to your current reservations (usually through a 3-way call with Celebrity since you will need to authorize the release of the held cabins.)

So I just go in and do a mock booking and see what cabins are available on each ship? Do you make a list of available cabins on each ship? Seems like that might take alot of effort. I will give it a try, and ask for TA to try too.

If I'm booked through a TA, will Celebrity even speak to me about it? I think not, correct?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Debinnova said:

So I just go in and do a mock booking and see what cabins are available on each ship? Do you make a list of available cabins on each ship? Seems like that might take alot of effort. I will give it a try, and ask for TA to try too.

If I'm booked through a TA, will Celebrity even speak to me about it? I think not, correct?

If you have a large enough screen, it is easiest to compare them if you just  open both cruises side-by-side so you don't need to keep flipping back and forth or bother with lists.

Or even do it using 2 different devices side by side.

There are very few things that Celebrity will do for you directly if you are using a TA.

I don't think that changing cabins is one of them.

(Selling you more stuff is another matter  however -- something they seem delighted to do regardless of how your cruise is booked.  😀 )

If your booking is directly with the cruise line, you have an option where you can change your cabin yourself simply by typing in the new cabin number you want.

However, unless it is the exact same category with the same perks at the same (or lower) price, I would want to talk to someone about it first before doing that.