What's For Breakfast On Celebrity? Share Your Favorites and Breakfast Secrets

vtcruising

Someone asked about breakfast on Celebrity. Looking at the MDR menu and hcat talking about Belgian waffles got me thinking about some great breakfasts we have had on Celebrity ships. What are your favorites? What breakfast secrets do you have to share?

Here are some menus to refresh your memory and some pictures of our favorites:

MDR Breakfast.pdf

spa and juice bar menu.pdf

Blu Breakfast.pdf

Blu Eggs Benedict:

image.thumb.png.3cb50a58c5c37e6f0081008d175d1220.png

Luminae Breakfast.pdf

Omelet

1547811741_Luminaeomelet.thumb.jpg.bbb927b158aad775a2a351cb4fa0576a.jpg

Huevos Rancheros

Luminaebreakfast5.thumb.jpg.9ba9b77d97484ecc58f0296a8ee1cc9c.jpg

Luminae Eggs Benedict

24302017_Luminaeeggsbenedict.thumb.jpg.3aedb447591c1e1fe95b2a0919c0fd94.jpg

Retreat Lounge (continental breakfast out on the deck was a favorite):

image.thumb.png.ec684c4fa636cdd3a0a18f9172dfe85b.png

image.thumb.png.bdb44ae36e93c567c2326dabfbb750ec.png

Room Service:

1819510657_roomservicetime.thumb.jpg.90183f5971c80888b2aa168512d6901e.jpg

452627801_roomserviceedge.thumb.jpg.e0a5b515c430b3d415cc402f17f368fd.jpg

This was my BIL and SIL's first cruise  and first cruise room service breakfast, so went a little overboard - notice the VT maple syrup we brought with us - no fake stuff for us!

image.thumb.png.4dfa03af5c92af5b1b64592de5453b26.png

Cafe al Bacio has complimentary pastries (don't need to buy anything):

1731532503_cafealbaciobreakfast.jpg.3318f5e4357d46c6d2b386fd576e17c4.jpg

Coffee, tea, and spiked beverage menu:

Cafe al Bacio.pdf

image.thumb.png.7a4dfc5a9d2b56a3caffec2d7ff911c4.png

image.thumb.png.16d742079122c29453a51798737c076b.png

Ocean View Cafe has a large variety of items - my favorite is the Mexican Eggs Benedict (they make several types at the poached egg station):

image.png.5e052c16e6376581d63271be5c060c90.png

image.png.860a6d64d8d1b914e534dc2bd84556ff.png

There is a waffle bar, but I will let Texed, X Waffle Expert, discuss the waffles:

155113850_edswafflebar.thumb.jpg.7204e4c224526a6d0c9a72ba365b2a0b.jpg

waffle.jpg.d1e7b265098e7c53da7eec4264d27b59.jpg

On the Edge, Eden Cafe serves some nice complimentary breakfast goodies, with a nice view (inside and outside tables):

Eden Cafe Breakfast.pdf

503342843_edencafetablexxx.thumb.jpg.8e9d9de7b4dfaf584a19826795dbc29e.jpg

Fresh pan of warm cinnamon rolls:

333562599_edencafecinrolls.thumb.jpg.1ad48f3e22d7888b54cec2a0cc4e66f3.jpg

Breakfast sandwich:

1139789678_edencafebreakfastsandwich.jpg.6f0e6dcdc52d3fec314c285777c5321f.jpg

Excellent fruit bowl!

1263272557_edencafefreshfruit.jpg.990d559f09f38061207209a65e3e990e.jpg

What are your favorites that we need to look for next time? 🙂

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Love the Ed's waffles sign!  As Ed would say, they must come straight off the griddle.  I like mine with orange butter.  I believe he prefers syrup.  I used to love the hash browns in Luminae.  On Equinox this fall, I was not impressed.  Must have been a different chef.  Also love almond croissants, generally only available in al Baccio.  Or your butler can bring them.  Although the amount of almond paste therein has decreased noticeably over the years.  May have to resort to bringing my own and supplementing the meager amount.

• Like 1

This thread is excellent!

I usually eat fish for breakfast daily, but  do indulge myself on cruises. The Belgian waffles will be one of my choices for sure..and I like that English bacon.!

Can't wait for EDGE.  Bad timing b/c  Dh's dr told him he needs to cut carbs.( me too)  .but  luckily there are lots of non carb choices on X.

9 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Love the Ed's waffles sign!  As Ed would say, they must come straight off the griddle.  I like mine with orange butter.  I believe he prefers syrup.  I used to love the hash browns in Luminae.  On Equinox this fall, I was not impressed.  Must have been a different chef.  Also love almond croissants, generally only available in al Baccio.  Or your butler can bring them.  Although the amount of almond paste therein has decreased noticeably over the years.  May have to resort to bringing my own and supplementing the meager amount.

I thought it was imagination about the almond croissants - the filling is disappearing - still yummy though!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tartana said:

I love the cold breakfast items 😍at the main buffet.  - And Pre-breakfast at the cafe ❤️🍮

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 10.52.01 PM.png

That platter looks good! What's in the glass? I didn't even think to mention breakfast drinks!

Edited by vtcruising

4 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Also love almond croissants, generally only available in al Baccio.  Or your butler can bring them.

They also tend to be available daily at the morning Captain’s Club Continental Breakfast/Coffee event for Elite, Elite +, and Zenith members...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

I usually eat fish for breakfast daily, but  do indulge myself on cruises. The Belgian waffles will be one of my choices for sure..and I like that English bacon.!

Can't wait for EDGE.  Bad timing b/c  Dh's dr told him he needs to cut carbs.( me too)  .but  luckily there are lots of non carb choices on X.

Lots of low carb options - the cinnamon rolls in Eden, the waffles, the pastries at Cafe al Bacio... you'll be fine! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Xport said:

They also tend to be available daily at the morning Captain’s Club Continental Breakfast/Coffee event for Elite, Elite +, and Zenith members...

These were some of the items from the Captain's Club Breakfast on the Edge in Tuscan - looks like some nice croissants:

1372848756_elitebrek4.thumb.jpg.9823dfa03280ac346b6350770fdf6b46.jpg

142173324_elitebreak3.thumb.jpg.1d1b183cdc9936512ec6c911b65bce57.jpg

1950403735_elitebreak2.thumb.jpg.5553b77cba8a9de297aae7cab8ab7b6b.jpg

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

Have to say, Celebrity's breakfast buffet is the best of any cruise line I have been on in 25 years. The photo is actually from lunch.  We are late risers so never at breakfast when everything is still pristine.  So this photo was taken as we were leaving from breakfast and about 5 minutes before lunch was open! 

IMG_4547.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shofer said:

Have to say, Celebrity's breakfast buffet is the best of any cruise line I have been on in 25 years. The photo is actually from lunch.  We are late risers so never at breakfast when everything is still pristine.  So this photo was taken as we were leaving from breakfast and about 5 minutes before lunch was open! 

IMG_4547.jpg

Looks like a work of art!

• Like 1

Confession time...Much as we know the Luminae breakfast is great and that our butler will bring us anything we want we often just order coffee to be delivered. One of us will then go to the buffet and bring back French stick chunks and choose rashers of crispy, well done English bacon and we will enjoy ‘bacon butties’ on the balcony....Enjoyable food often isn’t fancy!

We also enjoy breakfasts in Tuscan...I prefer the plated option to the buffet style. The ultimate platter with a bit of everything on it with a Bellini and a strong coffee is a great way to start the day.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, hcat said:

I like to order salmon benedict in Blu or get some lox in the OVC and take it to the omelet station with some capers and ask for a special omelet....and also the chocolate croissants. I love to order room service coffee and the chocolate croissants and sit on the balcony in the early morning with my book enjoying the quiet and the sea.

7 minutes ago, Mynki said:

VT you do start the best threads on here!!!

We left our cruise ship two days ago. Breakfast this morning was really quite depressing compared to what we've become accustomed too! 😁

Going home is the worst part of a cruise. I always wander around saying "but I deserve to be treated like a princess every day, not just on cruises" - my DH just laughs.  I suppose it would get old... 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

I like to order salmon benedict in Blu or get some lox in the OVC and take it to the omelet station with some capers and ask for a special omelet....and also the chocolate croissants. I love to order room service coffee and the chocolate croissants and sit on the balcony in the early morning with my book enjoying the quiet and the sea.

I like the idea of customizing your omelet and sitting on the balcony with a book and chocolate croissants seems like a winner to me!

I usually stay consistent for breakfast when on cruises.  Mostly 2-3 eggs bacon and sautéed spinach or some kind of veggie. Usually one splurge of eggs Benedict on cruise I don’t eat carbs bread pancakes in morning anymore since I usually want to take a nap right after.  Now lunch pre dinner and dinner are different stories.  They tend to be all out 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Lots of low carb options - the cinnamon rolls in Eden, the waffles, the pastries at Cafe al Bacio... you'll be fine! 😉

Ha ha ha....my meds  will be working overtime.  It is harder for dh..I am not a bread, pasta,   pizza, cake lover...but oh those waffles!