What's For Breakfast On Celebrity? Share Your Favorites and Breakfast Secrets

vtcruising

45 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Going home is the worst part of a cruise. I always wander around saying "but I deserve to be treated like a princess every day, not just on cruises" - my DH just laughs.  I suppose it would get old... 🙂

DW returned home yesterday from grocery shopping with some bottles of San Pellegrino as a joke! It made me smile at least. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mynki said:

DW returned home yesterday from grocery shopping with some bottles of San Pellegrino as a joke! It made me smile at least. 

About a week after we return from a cruise I put Celebrity chocolates on our pillows at night...

vtcruising...Thanks for another great thread, lots of things mentioned I have never even tried, what are ‘Eggs Royale’?

49 minutes ago, chemmo said:

About a week after we return from a cruise I put Celebrity chocolates on our pillows at night...

vtcruising...Thanks for another great thread, lots of things mentioned I have never even tried, what are ‘Eggs Royale’?

We always put chocolates on our guests' pillows, but haven't thought of putting them on our own. Great idea!

2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

We always put chocolates on our guests' pillows, but haven't thought of putting them on our own. Great idea!

I did notice on our recent cruise that they've changed the pillow chocolates. They're smaller, inferior and were only available in dark chocolate with no milk chocolate versions aboard apparently. You spend thousands of dollars on a cruise and they still cut back on the 10 cent pillow chocolates! Can someone please fire LLP? 

Just now, Mynki said:

I did notice on our recent cruise that they've changed the pillow chocolates. They're smaller, inferior and were only available in dark chocolate with no milk chocolate versions aboard apparently. You spend thousands of dollars on a cruise and they still cut back on the 10 cent pillow chocolates! Can someone please fire LLP? 

Wasn't LLP's first act as new CEO to reinstate pillow chocolates after the mass uprising from passengers? They really shouldn't mess with our chocolate. 😉

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Wasn't LLP's first act as new CEO to reinstate pillow chocolates after the mass uprising from passengers? They really shouldn't mess with our chocolate. 😉

I believe it was. I remember reading about it on here when there were big hopes for her to improve the levels of service and quality. The ones we just had were all a bit meh! 😁

4 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Going home is the worst part of a cruise. I always wander around saying "but I deserve to be treated like a princess every day, not just on cruises" - my DH just laughs.  I suppose it would get old... 🙂

Wait! I don't remember writing that...We must have been twins separated

at birth.😂

• Like 2

Don’t really do breakfast,all I have at home is a cup of good coffee! But onboard I do enjoy the platters in Captains club breakfast and sometimes a cheeky glass of fiz🥂

Nice start to the day on ship!

OK I have to let everybody know that I have an obsession for the green colored pistachio cinnamon swirl roll served at breakfast in the bread & roll basket at Luminae.  Hard to resist and delicious!  When I sailed on Edge they had them too but it was a mini-roll version compared to full size (see pic below) on other ships.

IMG_0437.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mynki said:

Bummer. We had both dark and milk chocolate on our September 2019 Summit cruise. The second morning of that cruise we were talking with our stateroom attendant and some how pillow chocolate was brought up. We told him we like both dark and milk chocolate. Every evening after that we had two milk and two dark chocolate on our bed.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, di T said:

Don’t really do breakfast,all I have at home is a cup of good coffee! But onboard I do enjoy the platters in Captains club breakfast and sometimes a cheeky glass of fiz🥂

Nice start to the day on ship!

Cheeky glass of fizz sounds like a good way to start the day!🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

K I have to let everybody know that I have an obsession for the green colored pistachio cinnamon swirl roll served at breakfast in the bread & roll basket at Luminae.  Hard to resist and delicious!  When I sailed on Edge they had them too but it was a mini-roll version compared to full size (see pic below) on other ships.

I've seen those, but was afraid to make a big mess. Sounds like they are worth it!

I’m glad I’m not the only one who brings real maple syrup for the waffles and yes I agree they have to be fresh. Another breakfast favorite is the bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon with lots of capers. But whatever I have for breakfast, it is always with a mimosa in hand. Also have noticed the slowly disappearing almond paste from the almond croissants and the same is true for the chocolate ones. Like many of Celebrity’s chocolate concoctions, I wish they were more chocolaty.

Mary Ann

Edited by UFMOM
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I thought it was imagination about the almond croissants - the filling is disappearing - still yummy though!

Nope, not your imagination.  I need to remember to start mentioning it on the survey.  Seems like I'm not the only one who has noticed.  Maybe we should all mention it on the survey.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

15 hours ago, Xport said:

They also tend to be available daily at the morning Captain’s Club Continental Breakfast/Coffee event for Elite, Elite +, and Zenith members...

Interesting.  I quit going to that years ago.  As soon as I became Elite+ and could get my coffee fix in Baccio for no charge.

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Bummer. We had both dark and milk chocolate on our September 2019 Summit cruise. The second morning of that cruise we were talking with our stateroom attendant and some how pillow chocolate was brought up. We told him we like both dark and milk chocolate. Every evening after that we had two milk and two dark chocolate on our bed.  

Just off Summit and got both dark and milk chocolate.  I hate the grey wrappers, as they look so dull.  Guess they have to match the rest of the new decor.

I am a very boring person when it comes to breakfast, except when I eat it in Luminae.  I have an egg white scramble with bell peppers, onions and a small amount of cheese.  Then I add an almond or regular croissant with some fresh fruit.  If Celebrity has almond croissants, I have two.  Then make my own tea and pour it over ice, adding a little lemon.  One would say that I am a creature of habit, but I view breakfast as the best way to start the day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We enjoy room service and eating breakfast on our balcony. Last January on the Equinox anything that should at least be 'warm' wasn't and not cooked well at all. We gave up after a couple of days and just got coffee and then headed up to the buffet. In hind sight I should have said something.

We love ordering room service and eating our breakfast on the balcony.  OK, they don't always get it right but most of the time we have ordered enough that we have an enjoyable breakfast.  Sometimes, we may even take a quick trip to the buffet and bring our breakfast back to our balcony, that's why we pack a light plastic tray.  Breakfast in Blu is pretty good as well.  Oh, the choices, bring on our next cruise.

DSC01169.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lovedecruise said:

We love ordering room service and eating our breakfast on the balcony.  OK, they don't always get it right but most of the time we have ordered enough that we have an enjoyable breakfast.  Sometimes, we may even take a quick trip to the buffet and bring our breakfast back to our balcony, that's why we pack a light plastic tray.  Breakfast in Blu is pretty good as well.  Oh, the choices, bring on our next cruise.

DSC01169.jpg

Going on my first cruise next year (Equinox, Eastern Caribbean) and can’t wait to have breakfast on the balcony! It’ll be so nice to have coffee delivered right away in the morning.

21 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Someone asked about breakfast on Celebrity. Looking at the MDR menu and hcat talking about Belgian waffles got me thinking about some great breakfasts we have had on Celebrity ships. 

There is a waffle bar, but I will let Texed, X Waffle Expert, discuss the waffles:

155113850_edswafflebar.thumb.jpg.7204e4c224526a6d0c9a72ba365b2a0b.jpg

waffle.jpg.d1e7b265098e7c53da7eec4264d27b59.jpg 

Oh my!  This sure looks delicious.  😋

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Love the Ed's waffles sign!  As Ed would say, they must come straight off the griddle.  I like mine with orange butter.  I believe he prefers syrup.  I used to love the hash browns in Luminae.  On Equinox this fall, I was not impressed.  Must have been a different chef.  Also love almond croissants, generally only available in al Baccio.  Or your butler can bring them.  Although the amount of almond paste therein has decreased noticeably over the years.  May have to resort to bringing my own and supplementing the meager amount.

I can still taste the waffles with orange butter from our recent Eclipse to Hawaii sailing. I’d get in line & the sweet little girl (Annie) would say, two today miss?  Just a second. One guy in front of me turned around & said do you tip her, I said no; she’s just nice (I did give her $20 on the last day & she cried). Waffles & always with orange butter!

• Like 4