50% off Bev Pkg once on board !!

CulverCityCruisers

Never thought I would see the day, but today was the day ! On Eclipse and the picture below is all around the ship for people without the Beverage Pkg.  This was left at our door in error, and was delivered to the correct cabin be me.  Guess they aren’t making enough $$$ on this sailing (15 day to Hawaii). The other thing that I find strange, is that they claim not to make enough $$ on Bev Pkg so are adding $14 pp per day if you pick as a perk.  Let the feed back begin.....

EF9D5D87-7F7E-4EB0-9E8C-525EF5106D48.jpeg

Are there many Elites and above on your cruise? I’d be very upset if I’d paid full price pre cruise only to find it’s half price onboard. Surely it may result in some pax heading straight to GS for refunds? We see these offers every day for specialty dining, now it appears beverage packages are being added to the list. Your sailing is obviously not producing enough income to help pay for the ‘Revolution’ - delightful!

• Like 2

Doesn’t surprise me.  Speciality restaurants are not busy; we did LPC 2 nights ago and about 25% full.   Bars are dead most of the time and service in Oceanview,  Sunset, Passport and Martini bars are extremely slow.  Seems to be a lack of staffing. 

We were on this ship in March and were told that they weren’t making their numbers then  in bars & restaurants.  We were in a RS and wanted to have a small group in before dinner the Suite Mgr immediately pulled out the price list for cheese plate, wine and shrimp🙄.  Our butler handled it.  

Edited by jelayne
Typo

42 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Doesn’t surprise me.  Speciality restaurants are not busy; we did LPC 2 nights ago and about 25% full.   Bars are dead most of the time and service in Oceanview,  Sunset, Passport and Martini bars are extremely slow.  Seems to be a lack of staffing. 

We were on this ship in March and were told that they weren’t making their numbers then  in bars & restaurants.  We were in a RS and wanted to have a small group in before dinner the Suite Mgr immediately pulled out the price list for cheese plate, wine and shrimp🙄.  Our butler handled it.  

The suite manager wanted to charge you for having a few guests in your RS? Am I understanding correctly? 

6 hours ago, villauk said:

Are there many Elites and above on your cruise? 

I wondered the same thing when I read the OP.  These type cruises attract a lot of Elites and higher enjoying their complimentary perks (as we do). We’ve been on a number of Transatlantic/Transpacific crossings where there’s always a lot of Elites and have seen several 50% off sales on Beverage Packages, only being offered pre-cruise for the entire voyage rather than mid-cruise as appears to be the case here. 

We were on Eclipse Hawaii to Vancouver last month. Rose the CCH told me they were having a very high number of Zenith's on the round trip to/from Hawaii out of California. I have read commits on CC that Celebrity has very limited cruises out of California. Some past guest in the Southwestern US have stopped flying. So a round trip Hawaii cruise out of California would be great. I'm sure that would mean high numbers of Elite and Elite Plus.

Interesting. The only X ship DH and I have ever sailed that didn't offer discounts on specialty dining on board was Eclipse. They had decided before that cruise to refuse to offer discounts as an experiment and see what happened. That cruise was several years ago in early December (not over the holidays). The restaurants sat mostly empty the whole cruise. Now they're offering half price beverage packages?! That would definitely anger us if we'd paid full price pre-cruise!

20 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Interesting. The only X ship DH and I have ever sailed that didn't offer discounts on specialty dining on board was Eclipse. They had decided before that cruise to refuse to offer discounts as an experiment and see what happened. That cruise was several years ago in early December (not over the holidays). The restaurants sat mostly empty the whole cruise. Now they're offering half price beverage packages?! That would definitely anger us if we'd paid full price pre-cruise!

Summit 2017 (Just after hurricane Irma) was offering beverage packages at buy one get one free. Their bottom line had been hit hard with a drop in Caribbean itinerary revenues and they were desperate. It goes to show how much margin the BP's bring in though! 

19 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Spoke to the CC hostess and she indicated that there are over 1200 CC members on board. Last night they started selling drink cards too!!  Bars are NOT crowded at all

Can you describe drink cards?  Are they some reduced rate gimmicks like pay $15 for $20 worth of drinks? 

Thanks CulverCityCruiser!

We’ll be on the next sailing. It’s only 9 days and I don’t believe will have a necessarily large contingency of Elites and above that could water down bar revenue. But if there are any drink specials or sales, I’ll update this thread. 

Edited by BEAV
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Thanks CulverCityCruiser!

We’ll be on the next sailing. It’s only 9 days and I don’t believe will have a necessarily large contingency of Elites and above that could water down bar revenue. But if there are any drink specials or sales, I’ll update this thread. 

We will still be on board. 

20 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Here you go !

C9697A80-DDC3-4EAF-BB50-BFD44677755D.jpeg

Is this something new? I have not seen it before.

It looks to be good value instead of a full package when on port intensive cruises when it is nice to have a few drinks in port.