Boy Did I Screw Up

GranysT

What a day I've had.   This morning at 2 am, I discovered that a cruise I thought I had booked for Nov 2020, was actually Nov 2019.  I panicked, but couldn't do anything at that time of morning. I found an amazing 9 nt cruise, that I loved. I booked it online, and like I said, thought it was for 2020. I meant for it to be 2020, as we just got back Oct 19, from our 2019 cruise.  The only thing that saved me from actually missing this cruise, was my TA emailed me. He said, your cruise is just around the corner. What!!   We have a year to go yet. So I pulled up my papers, and sure enough, it said Nov 29, 2019.  Yikes!  I thought it was funny my TA said I had to pay in full up front, but I had booked from this site before, and did always pay up front. So I didn't question it. Put it on our CC, figuring we had a year to pay off the card.

So now, we are in penalty phase, and have to take the cruise, or lose all our money.  I have spent the entire day, rearranging Dr appt, trying to book hotel in Miami, on Thanksgiving day, and find parking in Miami while we cruise.  A friend of mine is going with us, and she needed me to find her a flight, from Cleveland to Orlando. The day before Thanksgiving.  My head is spinning still, but I think I've got most of it taken care of.  All I can say is, from now on, I will  CAREFULLY read every word, and number, of what I'm trying to do. I'm not a newbie at all this, but am kicking myself right now.      

Edited by GranysT
add extra word
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, GranysT said:

Sorry, what are the ABCs?

Could be:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC_islands_(Lesser_Antilles)

The ABC islands are the three western-most islands of the Leeward Antilles in the Caribbean Sea that lie north of Falcón State, Venezuela.[1] In order alphabetically they are Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao. All three islands are part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, although they remain outside the European Union. Aruba and Curaçao are autonomous, self-governing constituent countries of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, while Bonaire is a special municipality of the Netherlands proper.

Not trying to find fault but why would you charge it to your credit card a year in advance and have to pay interest on that charge .  You say you would have had a year to pay it off. No trip cancelation Insurance ? 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I’ve been thinking about you . How close was the fire to your house ? I hope all is well .

We're just a few miles away from the Reagan Library but it was burning in the other direction away from us. We got many notices that our power would go off but it didn't.

On our way home tonight from Halloween with the grandkids and could easily see the new Maria fire near Santa Paula/Somis.

This fire season has been horrible but not as bad as the fire and mudslide our daughter experienced in Montecito.

Keeping our fingers crossed the winds die down.

Thanks so very much for thinking about us...very appreciated !!!

• Like 4

Worth a try....I thought that like the airlines, you have a 24  hr. window to cancel. This is an honest mistake, but if you are unable to cruise, I hope you have a wonderful cruise! We are on the same cruise!

28 days to go!

• Like 1

I did just the opposite once....booked a cruise a year later than I had planned.  Worked out....got two cruises, one for the present and one for the next year.....we decided to keep the year in advance booking because the price was so good.

6 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

I did just the opposite once....booked a cruise a year later than I had planned.  

Hey I like approach also... good thinking 😉 please keep these "suggestion coming" :wink wink:  

Edited by Tulsacoker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1