New to Princess

createmem

On 11/1/2019 at 11:53 AM, neverbeenhere said:

...........You can buy liquor for your room at a reasonable price on Princess.

Something I have noted that sets Princess apart from other lines we sail (RCI, HAL, Celeb). While we not big drinkers, so the "beverages packages" do not interest us, nor do we drink in bars. We prefer our cocktails on our balcony or in our cabin; made fresh by me. Having the ability to either pre-order  a 0.375l bottle or do once on board is a big plus for us. Prior to sailing Princess I was forced to smuggle using a Rum Runner. Oh, the shame of it🙄 I much prefer not smuggling and having the option Princess offers. Prices are not bad, although the selection, at least for scotch, is poor for my tastes.

On 11/3/2019 at 7:44 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

Something I have noted that sets Princess apart from other lines we sail (RCI, HAL, Celeb). While we not big drinkers, so the "beverages packages" do not interest us, nor do we drink in bars. We prefer our cocktails on our balcony or in our cabin; made fresh by me. Having the ability to either pre-order  a 0.375l bottle or do once on board is a big plus for us. Prior to sailing Princess I was forced to smuggle using a Rum Runner. Oh, the shame of it🙄 I much prefer not smuggling and having the option Princess offers. Prices are not bad, although the selection, at least for scotch, is poor for my tastes.

Yes, that is appealing.  We are similar, though on RCI we spend our pre dinner time in the diamond lounge and then normally get a "to go" drink for dinner.  The idea of bringing on wine, and also ordering a bottle for the room will work for us too.  Also, I noticed the water cost to be SIGNIFICANTLY lower than order a 12 pack of water on RCI.  I hate that they price gouge so much, so paying $7 for the water feels amazing!

51 minutes ago, createmem said:

Yes, that is appealing.  We are similar, though on RCI we spend our pre dinner time in the diamond lounge and then normally get a "to go" drink for dinner.  The idea of bringing on wine, and also ordering a bottle for the room will work for us too.  Also, I noticed the water cost to be SIGNIFICANTLY lower than order a 12 pack of water on RCI.  I hate that they price gouge so much, so paying $7 for the water feels amazing!

Note: these prices which are around 58 cents/bottle are only available pre-cruise in the cruise personlizer. You can bring on as much bottled water as you like on boarding and at any port of call.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Maybe RCI doesn't actually want to sell water, but feels pressure to offer it.

that is quite possibly true!  I drink 64 - 100 ounces of water each day, so its important for me to have.  When I cruise, I also drink a great many other things that RCI is all too willing to sell 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, createmem said:

that is quite possibly true!  I drink 64 - 100 ounces of water each day, so its important for me to have.  When I cruise, I also drink a great many other things that RCI is all too willing to sell 🙂

With all that liquid intake, please memorize the restrooms on the deck plan. 😋

I have just booked a cruise on Enchanted Princess for next September.  It is a number of years since we cruised with Princess and wondered if you purchase a drink package online and it becomes cheaper can you cancel and re-purchase at the cheaper price?  RCCL allow you to do this.

3 hours ago, Bizzie07 said:

I have just booked a cruise on Enchanted Princess for next September.  It is a number of years since we cruised with Princess and wondered if you purchase a drink package online and it becomes cheaper can you cancel and re-purchase at the cheaper price?  RCCL allow you to do this.

Yes, you could cancel your purchase and re-purchase. The big but is I have never seen the price decrease, and I have never seen the price go on sale. It is always the same price pre-purchase or on board on boarding day. The only promo I have ever seen is the Sip&Sail promo. For the last number of years this promo has run in the June/July time frame covering cruises sailing January an beyond of the following year. Your Sept. 2020 would almost certainly be excluded.

On 11/4/2019 at 11:51 AM, createmem said:

And  water tastes fine. The first time I ordered it I hoped it wouldn’t be a generic with an aftertaste. It tasted like the brands I buy. 

I think it was Niagara. 

I’m carrying on water on our next RCI cruise because I won’t pay their price. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 10:26 AM, skynight said:

Is that $40 for 12 bottles? $3.34/bottle? Princess' on board by the bottle price isn't that high.

Yes it is.  They play it off because its Evian.  But I don't care, I can buy a bottle of Evian at my grocery store for about $1 so I don't think I should have to pay that much!  Don't price gouge me because I like bottled water on a cruise!

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

And  water tastes fine. The first time I ordered it I hoped it wouldn’t be a generic with an aftertaste. It tasted like the brands I buy. 

I think it was Niagara. 

I’m carrying on water on our next RCI cruise because I won’t pay their price. 

I would - I just never feel like carrying something like that on.  I looked at the water they showed on the princess website and it looked like spring water which doesnt have an aftertaste to me.

42 minutes ago, createmem said:

I would - I just never feel like carrying something like that on.  I looked at the water they showed on the princess website and it looked like spring water which doesnt have an aftertaste to me.

The Princess water is fine. In April it was Niagara. Whatever label it had before was fine, too. 

I may be the only one who doesn’t care for 

Evian. I do wish Royal would go to a lower price brand and charge less. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, createmem said:

Yes it is.  They play it off because its Evian.  But I don't care, I can buy a bottle of Evian at my grocery store for about $1 so I don't think I should have to pay that much!  Don't price gouge me because I like bottled water on a cruise!

Just look at the price they charge for a can of soda compared to what it costs on sale in the grocery stores. LOL :classic_laugh: