Seaside Day 7: Thoughts & Criticisms

AviationInScale

On 11/2/2019 at 5:00 PM, rattanchair said:

I feel your pain. I truly hope your ' newly wed ' husband appreciates your culinary talents. Or is he the chef  'Boy- Ar-Dee' in your family? You both are in for a real treat..

Im the husband.

There are no Chefs Boy-Ar-Dee in the family.

Sorry you weren't too happy on your honeymoon cruise.

We sailed the Seaside YC last two years in February with the next trip coming up this February.

Anytime I see fried on a menu with a food item such as fish or chicken, on land or sea, I request grilled and it has never been a problem.  Did the menu state fried or was it a surprise when it came out, I wouldn't like that surprise.

When we sailed in February, I too noticed there was only one YC bartender and he was never pleasant or a very good mixologist. My margaritas or mojitos never came out very good and it was unfortunate that I usually ended up ordering a beer not to be annoyed.  Not so much on the pool deck, that was hit or miss depending on who was making my drink and I learned to wait for a specific bartender up there that I knew could make them well, they shouldn't be too hard to do correctly.

Everything else in the YC, for us, was fabulous.  If I had to choose my biggest complaint of the YC, is that it doesn't seem to have experienced bartenders.  For instance, on NCL Haven, the bartenders are fabulous, know how to mix drinks well and even will make you something special with your tastes in mind.

That all said, cannot wait to sail in February and sorry your cruise had more cons than positives.