Holland help

golfer1903

New to Holland America going to Alaska 2020.

Do the signature cabins eurdam has a fridge and if not is there ice optainable if I bring a cooler for waters?

Also ncl  and carnival you can buy cases of water .

I don't see that as an option on Holland can you or can you bring a case on yourself?

Thanks

All cabins on the E'dam have a cooler and the stewards refill your ice bucket daily. If you need more ice, just ask.

You can carry on as much of any non-alcoholic beverages as you want, from every port.  And you can buy water on board, but the tap water is fine.

Edited by catl331

Always found the tap water to be fine.  No strange taste.  If you prefer to bring your own, cat1331 gave some good advice.  You must carry the water (or soda) onboard yourself; you may not place them in your luggage that you leave with the stevedores.  

The cabin cooler will keep any beverage chilled.  In our experience, stewards only refill the ice bucket once a day unless you request that it be refilled more than once.  You can also call housekeeping and ask for a refill if you can't find your steward.

Our last few cruises we have started taking a smaller packable collapsible no leak cooler I got on Amazon.  The fridges are only kind of cool and we prefer icy super cold beverages and ice available always. Also a few heavy duty ziplocks for clean ice to put in. Every two days we would empty the still cold slush, and our room stewards would re-fill. Saved them having to provide ice twice daily, saved us from having to call room service when we wanted a super cold drink over ice.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OVgirl said:

You can purchase bottles of water before you cruise. Log on to your account and open up your booking.

I think you will find it under Indulgences.

That appeared to be available last week, but all of this week it only shows distilled water as as option.  But I am also having trouble with the website overall once I access my booking...

10 hours ago, KCinMN said:

That appeared to be available last week, but all of this week it only shows distilled water as as option.  But I am also having trouble with the website overall once I access my booking...

You can call ship services and order it from them. Sorry, I don't have the number handy.

2 minutes ago, golfer1903 said:

Can I buy a case or 12 pack online before cruise or on ship from half like you can on carnival or ...

Yes you can buy it in advance.  Just log in and go to Beverages and order away 😉 😄 

2 hours ago, golfer1903 said:

Can I buy a case or 12 pack online before cruise or on ship from half like you can on carnival or ...

They offered that on Oosterdam. I cant remember the price, but it was a case of 1L bottles of Evian.

11 hours ago, kazu said:

Yes you can buy it in advance.  Just log in and go to Beverages and order away 😉 😄 

Interestingly, right now there is no water (besides distilled gallon, likely for CPAPs) and no soda, outside a spirits package, available for my cruise on NA in 5 weeks available for pre-cruise ordering.  The only thing close is the $50 value soda beverage card for $25.

Edited by 0bnxshs

5 minutes ago, 0bnxshs said:

Interestingly, right now there is no water (besides distilled gallon, likely for CPAPs) and no soda, outside a spirits package, available for my cruise on NA in 5 weeks available for pre-cruise ordering.  The only thing close is the $50 value soda beverage card for $25.

Wow, this is weird.  The water was there last time I went to book my beverage cards (less than 2 weeks ago).  I went in right now and yes, the only thing is distilled water.  Previously they had a 12 pack and a couple of other water & soda deals.

Very strange.  

Thanks for the correction.

7 hours ago, kazu said:

Wow, this is weird.  The water was there last time I went to book my beverage cards (less than 2 weeks ago).  I went in right now and yes, the only thing is distilled water.  Previously they had a 12 pack and a couple of other water & soda deals.

Very strange.  

Thanks for the correction.

I didn't mean to correct you, Jacqui, only to point out we all often see different things on the HAL site.  I recall seeing water available for purchase on the site as well and was actually checking on the steps to get to the page to purchase it when I found it wasn't there now.

Probably another of HAL's "enhancements"! :classic_dry: