Pinnacle Grill No Longer for Nepture Suite Guests?

adjjac

2 minutes ago, adjjac said:

Someone just told me that Neptune Suite guests will no longer be allowed to have the complimentary breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill.

Does anyone know if this is, in fact, true?

On the K-dam and Nieuw Statendam, that complimentary breakfast is now inside Club Orange. Unless things changed very recently, it is still inside the PG on the other twelve ships

Thanks. The persons who told me made it sound like it affected all of HAL's ships. Thanks for the updated information. We have not experienced the Club Orange so will have to check it out next time.

No, apparently, they are not in a position to have trustworthy knowledge of such an issue.

However, they have completed close to 100 (yes, 100) cruises and just returned from a HAL cruise and spoke as if they were delivering the gospel.

We are thankful that Copper10-8 knew the facts and shared them with us.

Cheers!

Thanks John!! I will trust your insight always.

Not too happy about it. Unfortunately we travel with itinerary and for us in 2021

Koningsdam will leave our home for a 24 day cruise and we’re on it in a Neptune. I’m not thrilled with the fish bowl OC. But will deal with things. Will enjoy our PG for dinners. I know a lot of people enjoy it and that’s fine. Happy sailings

Denise😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Not too happy about it. Unfortunately we travel with itinerary and for us in 2021

Koningsdam will leave our home for a 24 day cruise and we’re on it in a Neptune. I’m not thrilled with the fish bowl OC. But will deal with things. Will enjoy our PG for dinners. I know a lot of people enjoy it and that’s fine. Happy sailings

Denise😊

Evening Denise; just a heads up; Club Orange on K-dam turned into a pleasant surprise for us as far as personal service, convenience (no set reservation times) and food quality. It's not the PG as far as ambiance but overall, it was a positive experience and we had our doubts after being told by the CO manager on the first night out. Hoping you have a similar experience in 2021

• Thanks 1

Just returned from two weeks on Veendam where we possibly had Club Light Orange. Welcome note in Neptune Suite made no mention of breakfast in Pinnacle but instead talked of some kind of special breakfast in MDR. However Pinnacle was open in the AM. Seems like they are phasing it out to me. Too bad, that was a nice perk.

1 hour ago, Oregonhiker said:

Just returned from two weeks on Veendam where we possibly had Club Light Orange. Welcome note in Neptune Suite made no mention of breakfast in Pinnacle but instead talked of some kind of special breakfast in MDR. However Pinnacle was open in the AM. Seems like they are phasing it out to me. Too bad, that was a nice perk.

Hopefully they aren’t phasing it out.

Neptune Suites are entitled to Club Orange benefits so perhaps they want people to be aware?  Or see if everyone diverts from the PG?

I guess time will tell.  

2 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

Seems  Neptune Suites are easy targets for elimination of extras for which we   certainly pay   $$   included in our  'fare.'

Hi Sails!!

I so agree with you👍 Seems like things are changing before our eyes🙄 

Denise😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Hopefully they aren’t phasing it out.

Neptune Suites are entitled to Club Orange benefits so perhaps they want people to be aware?  Or see if everyone diverts from the PG?

I guess time will tell.  

Ya, really think that is their thought process?

Really?

I Must,  politely ,  disagree

Edited by sail7seas

I am sailing on the Nieuw Statendam in 5 weeks. I read about Club Orange, but as a Neptune customer I didn't think it was applicable to me. I never dreamed we'd lose the PG breakfast. I will reserve judgement until I experience things first hand.

bb

21 minutes ago, blizzardboy said:

I am sailing on the Nieuw Statendam in 5 weeks. I read about Club Orange, but as a Neptune customer I didn't think it was applicable to me. I never dreamed we'd lose the PG breakfast. I will reserve judgement until I experience things first hand.

bb

The quality of the food makes up for the change in ambiance at breakfast. So much is cooked right there, short-order style. 

We keep hearing about "a section of the MDR" on the non-Pinnacle ships, but reports so far say that Neptunes continue to have PG breakfast, and that there is no roped-off section in the MDR.

On the Veendam recently I called it Club Light Orange - PG Breakfast still available (thankfully), at dinner you got a menu with a nicer cover. Probably thought up by same person who felt libraries aren't a good idea. Or blocking the view in the Crows Nest on newer ships with a giant screen no one looks at. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oregonhiker said:

On the Veendam recently I called it Club Light Orange - PG Breakfast still available (thankfully), at dinner you got a menu with a nicer cover. Probably thought up by same person who felt libraries aren't a good idea. Or blocking the view in the Crows Nest on newer ships with a giant screen no one looks at. 

Your menu was supposed to have an extra entree. I agree that on the non-Pinnacle ships CO is definitely "light" on value.

Yes it did say on the menu in orange (of course) to ask your server what the special was, but he didn't know and had to ask. Not blaming waiter (he was great), just seems it would be easier for all to just print on the menu what the actual orange meal was. Also none of the orange specials seemed interesting. Orange Club might make sense on other ships, but on this one it was a bit of a joke.

3 minutes ago, Oregonhiker said:

Yes it did say on the menu in orange (of course) to ask your server what the special was,

I’ve noticed that on the menus that richwmn is posting from his LIVE Noordam thread.  that seems a bit silly to me.  Why not have it on the menu?  Or, at least you waiter ready to tell you what it is?

On 11/1/2019 at 9:01 PM, DeeniEncinitas said:

Denise😊

If dinner in the OC is dinner in a 'fish bowl', then dinner in the MDR is dinner in an aquarium.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

If dinner in the OC is dinner in a 'fish bowl', then dinner in the MDR is dinner in an aquarium.

The fish bowl feeling is because people are walking by and can look in. It makes people in CO feel like they're on display. To me it feels like HAL is saying "look at the special people with their own dining room!" In the MDR, everyone is eating his/her meal, not watching other people eat. 

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1