Alaskan Crab Shack Lunch @ Tuscan Grille

gerelmx

During our B2B2B YVR-HNL-YVR-LAX, X offers this lunch during the sea days. 2 times during the Hawaii legs and one time in LAX leg.  The charge $40 USCy PP

image.thumb.png.f73cce42a39ef0d7cd1dac39fe551d4f.png

The Menu

image.thumb.png.9ff046a71c857e6b615a8bffec2af7a9.png

Our Waiter

image.thumb.jpeg.cf5b04128175550d1c61e22fe15e6e2e.jpeg

Our Table with Glass of Water and Chardonay

image.thumb.png.36c862ba0108185418c0e0939c5a5418.png

The Main Dish

image.thumb.png.075ea048f9380936ad9b7ba3ce1ba2b5.png

Our waiter serve to each one a extra leg and extra cake without charge 🙂

image.thumb.png.ae53825de0922a8feebb7b49ce6cb0de.png

The Dessert

image.thumb.png.310d9441d01184bc8a679f3ecb03bf8f.png

The view from the Tuscan Grille window

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Thank you for posting the pictures.  Does it seem like a lot of money for what your got?  Or was there more to it than pictured?

another extra leg (3 in total), the legs were BIG

Edited by gerelmx
  • Like 1

Did this on Millennium and two of our three had food poisoning........Not sure what did us in.   We also received conflicting information.......F&B Director, Italian chap, told us that no local seafood was taken onboard due to health concerns, he claimed all major cruiselines follow this protocol.........OK.   Then Tuscan manager told us this was fresh Alaskan King Crab legs they took onboard 1 day ago??   

We were on a Princess cruise 1 month prior and on our last formal night they offered unlimited crabs legs in lieu of Lobster if that was your order......They were fantastic, fresh and sweet!   Celebrity's crab legs were ok, not great....and we were sick for 24 hours...... 

Not sure what the "correct" information is as so many  people invent truth to maximize profits.....imagine that?  

Safe Sails to all!  

Edited by cruiseerf

20 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Thank you for posting the pictures.  Does it seem like a lot of money for what your got?  Or was there more to it than pictured?

Overpriced for what you got in my opinion.  

• Like 1

Looks good. Some comments/questions.

You can get regular crab legs just about anywhere but it is been my experience that King Crab legs are much less common and more expensive. So let's make sure we are comparing apples to apples.

Question. On my cruise planner they were offering (2) dinners and (1) lunch for $120. I don't think it is a fantastic deal but does anyone know if it includes these "special lunches". If so, it would be at least a decent deal.

11 hours ago, mdpa said:

You can get regular crab legs just about anywhere but it is been my experience that King Crab legs are much less common and more expensive. So let's make sure we are comparing apples to apples.

There’s really no such thing as “regular crab legs”. That’s kind of like saying “regular fish fillets.” 😊

But the more common type of Crab legs are snow crab legs. For most other types of crab (eg, Dungeness, Blue crabs, stone crabs, etc.) more of the meat is in the body or the 2 main claws.

And yes, Alaska King Crab can be quite expensive, though I assume it’s much cheaper in Alaska than the lower 48!

On 11/2/2019 at 10:48 AM, gerelmx said:

another extra leg (3 in total), the legs were BIG

We were on the same cruise, had the same waiter, but was not impressed. Crab was not very fresh....and our crab cakes were soggy from the crab legs....they were replaced, but with more of the same, or perhaps just gave me the same plate back. LOL

Not trying to deter anyone from going to Tuscan , as it is one of our favorites for dinner, when not eating in Blu