Live from Encore TA

Single Cruiser

14 minutes ago, Single Cruiser said:

Open decks are closed at the moment 

The previous question was

Was there a line at guest services for the purchase of Vibe passes?

I would add, do you know the number of passes sold with the expanded Vibe set up

Thanks again for your review and consideration 

Have an incredible cruise 

8 hours ago, Shidah said:

So mad I didn’t go on this!  Would have loved all sea days. Totally was not on my radar but could have went.  That chandelier, that can’t be the finished product.  Surely there is some back story to that thing.

In person it doesn’t look like puffy bubble wrap it is up close crystals mounted in a free form sort of bendy wrap around lights. In person it looks quite different than photos. Notice I said different not better😁

• Like 1

So despite the TV saying outdoor was closed off, the doors were open so took some shots of the Aft upper decks.   

interesting the sign on the speedway I hadn’t notice that before about staff might do random alcohol tests?  And also was there a weight restriction before? 

there appears to be holsters for the so called laser speed ups but aa the track hasn’t been running yet will wait and see! 

7C956BCE-B1CF-460A-9571-5AC94E1BE619.jpeg

BC1E5AAB-C41A-47FF-B711-7F1E1E3203C8.jpeg

7CFAA4E1-BC65-49D5-9C98-BEE0FE1F4AD3.jpeg

177A554D-600A-4E43-9908-2ED2E5DE9F59.jpeg

48A03A75-487A-4837-9FA1-60E3227F7D8F.jpeg

77B6415F-D69D-4B0C-81BB-F351F2BC3CB0.jpeg

449B9322-B76B-4120-B380-CA1F58DFECC2.jpeg

AA5498C0-8C78-4ED2-9F27-E8470CB07996.jpeg

D4CFB4C8-E0F2-4F16-BFB9-19483D407ADD.jpeg

AD5864F4-C811-4A69-8AB6-F4F9BE064BD3.jpeg

92BF7D34-7643-4614-862A-88C482BA2BE5.jpeg

52C0A342-BD11-48EC-A7C0-B9A95889263F.jpeg

DB444316-D933-4BA4-93CB-93BCCBB1A40D.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for doing the trip report and review with pictures.  A quick question about your cabin if you have the time, is there a 120 volt outlet by the bed?  With so many people using CPAP machines I had to ask.  Also are there USB ports in the room?

11 hours ago, Single Cruiser said:

Ahh best me to it. So yep sailaway accompanied by a fire tug spraying water.  
after which I headed to the social for nightclub for a cpl of hours 

IMG_0510.MOV

Safe sailing Single Cruiser!

Love the fire tug spraying a celebratory goodbye when a ship leaves a port.

Thanks for taking the time to do a review. 🙂

16 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

Thanks for doing the trip report and review with pictures.  A quick question about your cabin if you have the time, is there a 120 volt outlet by the bed?  With so many people using CPAP machines I had to ask.  Also are there USB ports in the room?

Only USB ports on the lights either side of the bed.   On the other side of the room are 3 US sockets and 1 EU socket.

• Like 2

So we had the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet today.  Hosted by our very own master of ceremonies Doug (thedugout).  Who’s done an amazing job to organise events.   The Manhattan Room was packed out.  The catering staff laid on drinks, snacks and lovely sponge cake 😀.

7CBF69B4-9661-43DA-B8FF-484C3B2ADD7B.jpeg

• Like 3

So seas whipping up.  I was asked to leave the Waterfront as they were closing it down for lock-in!   

Tonight’s plan:  pre-drinks Maltings , Booking for Q smokehouse (using one of plat rewards) , guns n rojas playing atrium post dinner until Beatles in the theatre and then probably social . Will need a holiday after this!  

• Like 2

Hope you leave the storms behind soon!  Having done Gem and Pearl TA's in late Nov./early Dec. I know how it can get.  Fingers crossed for you!

You mentioned using Platinum voucher in Q (which was a choice on Bliss but they also had others).  What are the options?

And the 2nd voucher is Le Bistro or Cagney's?

Any buzz about Onda?

You have a fun evening planned - let us know what you think!  Bet Beatles will be crowded right out of the gate!  Interested in hearing your take on the other band and, of course, any other entertainment (duos, shows, etc.). 

Had to cancel the TA due to medical reasons so vicariously following.  Will have a chance early 2020 at least...already booked.

5 hours ago, snorklinbarb said:

Hope you leave the storms behind soon!  Having done Gem and Pearl TA's in late Nov./early Dec. I know how it can get.  Fingers crossed for you!

You mentioned using Platinum voucher in Q (which was a choice on Bliss but they also had others).  What are the options?

And the 2nd voucher is Le Bistro or Cagney's?

Any buzz about Onda?

You have a fun evening planned - let us know what you think!  Bet Beatles will be crowded right out of the gate!  Interested in hearing your take on the other band and, of course, any other entertainment (duos, shows, etc.). 

Had to cancel the TA due to medical reasons so vicariously following.  Will have a chance early 2020 at least...already booked.

yes the vouchers are Cagneys/Bistro and Q/Los Lobos 

So the storms still with us.  Hopefully less than 24hrs until we emerge from the other side into what looks much calmer weather / seas.

quite a few people feeling ill due to the motion.  I find the rocking quite soothing and makes you want to shut your eyes and sleep.   Especially after a full stomach!

we had dinner in Q Texas smokehouse.  Menu is the same as on Bliss and latitude reward tokens allow starter, entree with one optional side and dessert.  Allow some of the portion sizes were reduced which is actually a good thing!

our waitress was great.

AD5F54FA-5F13-453C-A9F7-DF50C614B55F.jpeg

4F422C4D-676F-4E8E-BD9D-C311407168E8.jpeg

1FC09BB5-F720-45E2-B07E-B7B7A9CF2675.jpeg

831AD271-B150-4A95-A3CE-80940C54BAE0.jpeg

07659D89-12F4-4F5A-9854-56A6E09F2326.jpeg

Quick drink stop at Brewhouse.  Badger was playing the same song as he was about the same time yesterday so took my pint to Maltings. A nice quiet bar.   Then off to the “Liverpool Beatles” 2nd evening show.

As Beatles covers go they were OK.

they'll be back in the cavern club the rest of the voyage.

0BCB6FAD-DEFE-43FE-A5D0-CD68C2FC7F1D.jpeg

Vibe sold 2 passes. I asked because I thought it was funny. The guest services guy said he tried to talk them out of it, and that he expected they would refund their money. 

Had Onda for dinner, and we very much enjoyed it. Much better than La Cucina, in my opinion. With our dining plan we were told 2 apps, entree, and dessert each, which was plenty. Well, more than plenty. 3 of the 4 apps we ordered were huge. The entrees were huge, too. 

Guns n Rojas were fabulous both nights. Best band I’ve ever seen in a ship. They rocked the atrium tonight. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LrgPizza said:

Vibe sold 2 passes. I asked because I thought it was funny. The guest services guy said he tried to talk them out of it, and that he expected they would refund their money. 

Had Onda for dinner, and we very much enjoyed it. Much better than La Cucina, in my opinion. With our dining plan we were told 2 apps, entree, and dessert each, which was plenty. Well, more than plenty. 3 of the 4 apps we ordered were huge. The entrees were huge, too. 

Guns n Rojas were fabulous both nights. Best band I’ve ever seen in a ship. They rocked the atrium tonight. 

I didn’t know you were onboard as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I didn’t know you were onboard as well.

Yes! I asked you a while back if you were coming. I believe you said you were hanging with frozen corpses on Kilimanjaro instead. 😂. We are more fun. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1