Live from Encore TA

Single Cruiser

47 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

Yes! I asked you a while back if you were coming. I believe you said you were hanging with frozen corpses on Kilimanjaro instead. 😂. We are more fun. 

I was hanging with the Yaks in Nepal. Those guys are real fun.

🙂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

I'm not a huge eater but some of those sides like the beans and slaw served with the sausages look like the are served in thimbles.

those thimble type containers are the slaw /potato salad etc then you can order actual

sides like wavy fries.

for me the starter alone with pulled pork loaded fries was a meal in itself 

1 hour ago, HowardK said:

Is American Diner open during the day as well? I assume it would work under the SDP also? Even without Howl at The Moon the ship looks great and i am excited about going.

Will really miss Howl at the Moon.  How is the piano guy?  I see on the daily he plays in the District Brewhouse.

31 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

He’s a big fan I believe. 🙂

Read something about Sweet Caroline....not exactly a great endorsement!  Wonder why no Howl at the Moon?  Did a TA on the Epic for 15 nights and don't think we were subjected to Sweet Caroline one time! 🙂

3 hours ago, pcrum said:

Read something about Sweet Caroline....not exactly a great endorsement!  Wonder why no Howl at the Moon?  Did a TA on the Epic for 15 nights and don't think we were subjected to Sweet Caroline one time! 🙂

I don’t think the last 2 ships had Howl either, so this isn’t new. 

Edited by LrgPizza

4 hours ago, pcrum said:

Will really miss Howl at the Moon.  How is the piano guy?  I see on the daily he plays in the District Brewhouse.

yeah I really miss howl at the moon.   So I’m not a fan of Jim Badger  (he was a comedian) and likes to perform a “act”.  I could write down 10 songs and tomorrow he will play them and the next day and..    however I do know that there are his fans and another person (hint he’s doing a live review also) is part of the JBF (Jim Badger Fanclub) .

Ive said on previous ships that I don’t think the Brewhouse is the place for a piano player.  We have the big tv screens showing the games and a lot want to hear the sound.  Lots like me want a decent pint (not even Maltings has a ale on tap!!).

• Like 3

So day 3 starts as day 2 ends.   We are still in the storm with waves around 30ft but the main issue is the whole gale 50 knots wind across the open decks so open decks still closed.  

on the interactive TV it shows arrival into NY now 2PM on Sunday not the original 8PM.  I hadn’t appreciated how many cruises ships Manhattan terminal could handle as both Norwegian Escape and one of the Disney ships are already in so we would be 3rd ship in port. 

7CCAA7D3-B48A-40C4-8E27-7201E96FDA21.jpeg

Edited by Single Cruiser
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Single Cruiser said:

on the interactive TV it shows arrival into NY now 2PM on Sunday not the original 8PM.  Norwegian Escape and one of the Disney ships are already in so we would be 3rd ship in port. 

We will be boarding the Escape before Noon.  Should be interesting with 2 NCL mega ships in port. 

• Like 1

So a few other bits I’ve missed that usually get asked about.

TV channels and interactive TV are the same as most ships now.  You can book shows and dining via TV or also by the NCL app which has bedbugs working well.

i paid the $9,99 charge for the cruise to use the voice/messaging options to others who purchased this package and has been a useful method to keep in contact with others who haven’t purchased the Internet Package.

so as we have so many sea days and not much chance of sun deck time I’ve opted to see the matinee versions of the two big acts.  
this way it frees up the evening for drinking/dining etc..

B55D086D-D39B-4266-A140-1C389B8FC6B2.jpeg

32B198CC-D312-4EAC-B118-5668273750E7.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, pcrum said:

The last ship with Howl was the Escape, so there are four ships which have it (Epic, Breakaway, Getaway and Escape).

Personally, I love Howl on the Breakaway, Getaway and Escape, but really hate the venue on the Epic and have never enjoyed the show there.

In my experience, Sweet Caroline is played most nights at Howl. Repetition of certain songs (Piano Man is another) is a valid criticism of Howl as well in my opinion. I do think that are better at mixing up the songs though, so people don't necessarily notice the repetition if they go in and out through the evening. We often stay for the entire evening so notice the repeats.

3 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

The last ship with Howl was the Escape, so there are four ships which have it (Epic, Breakaway, Getaway and Escape).

Personally, I love Howl on the Breakaway, Getaway and Escape, but really hate the venue on the Epic and have never enjoyed the show there.

In my experience, Sweet Caroline is played most nights at Howl. Repetition of certain songs (Piano Man is another) is a valid criticism of Howl as well in my opinion. I do think that are better at mixing up the songs though, so people don't necessarily notice the repetition if they go in and out through the evening. We often stay for the entire evening so notice the repeats.

I was on the Epic in 2016 and the musicians in Howl at the Moon were absolutely boring.  They were good piano players but their only interaction with the audience was to request songs and beg for tips.  After that experience I couldn't understand how CC members could rave about Howl at the Moon.

This past September we were on the Breakaway and I'm so glad we decided to try Howl at the Moon again.  It was the best dueling pianos show I've ever seen on sea or land.  These guys were funny, naughty, maybe a little disrespectful, knew how to work a crowd, and excellent musicians.  They were some of the best entertainment on the ship.  I am kicking myself for not getting the names of those three performers.

Sweet Caroline and Piano Man are my favorite bar drinking songs.  I'd much rather have repetition of songs vs. two boring piano players.

• Like 2