Aqua class - on EDGE

Treacher1

Thinking of booking Aqua Class on Edge  -  any suggestion for best cabin location for Aqua - I think they are on 9 and 10  - any pros and cons about any specific location - Also, is Blu on this ship just as good as all the others.  Still can dine anytime between 5:30 and 9:00 without making reservations?  Love Blu -

45 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Blu was excellent, however no windows.  We were on Deck 10 in 10237 no noise, not too far from elevator.

We had 9237, same location on Deck 9, for the inaugural cruise.  Loved the location!  Bed by bath. 

Blu was outstanding.  We did miss the windows in the mornings.  Tried to eat out on the Blu deck one evening, but it was too windy. Very weird that we had to practically go through the kitchen to get out there. 🙊

Just giving you some ideas....

We cruise in Aqua 95 % of our cruises. The main reason is Blu. We just prefer the smaller, quieter and less rushed atmosphere. On the few cruises we didn’t do in AQ or in a suite we missed Blu (or Luminae) every night because of the noise and rush in the MDR.

in September we did a cruise on Edge and had booked a regular stateroom to keep the price on a reasonable level. We really enjoyed the new four dining rooms and loved the smaller size. The noise level was the same as in Blu and service was excellent. No rush at all... Food was also excellent - especially the signature dishes of the respective dining room. We didn’t miss Blu at all on this cruise.

We are planning to book another cruise on Edge or Apex for 2021. Before that we have 3 cruises booked in AQ on other ships. DW and I agreed that we won’t, or better don’t feel we need to book AQ on Edge class though.

Edited by Miaminice

Thanks for the responses - much appreciated.  I was looking at pictures of BLU posted by some online and it appears there ARE windows in the restaurant PLUS some outdoor seating.  Can anyone confirm if there are windows or not - just curious  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

1BE1A51A-2FEC-484F-A583-E9C20DE47D63.thumb.jpeg.ed5c7d984f85ff9b2bf2b3b04ef5ecc8.jpeg

There are windows in Blu on Edge but they don't look out with the same sweeping/unobstructed view that they do on Solstice Class ships.  Instead, they look out on Deck 5 [there are tables out there for Blu guests who desire outdoor seating; in 22 nights on Edge--a week in the Caribbean;; 15 nights on the Spring Transatlantic--I never saw anyone use them] and ship infrastructure [as you'll note from the photo you posted].

Most often [especially at dinner], the window shades in Blu were kept lowered to create a more appealing view.  Same is true for the Specialty Restaurants located on Deck 5.

😂😂 why do „fly in the ointment“ or „hair in the soup“ immediately come to mind when reading this?!

BTW: on our Med cruise in September the outside seating of Fine Cut was appreciated by quite a few people. Including us... and frankly it was the thing I enjoyed most about our dinner there.

30 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

😂😂 why do „fly in the ointment“ or „hair in the soup“ immediately come to mind when reading this?!

BTW: on our Med cruise in September the outside seating of Fine Cut was appreciated by quite a few people. Including us... and frankly it was the thing I enjoyed most about our dinner there.

In three visits to Fine Cuts, I never saw anyone eating outdoors either...  If you found the views acceptable there, you will likely find the views from Blu acceptable as both are located along the exterior Deck 5 promenades with related infrastructure...  Raw On Five is a bit better when the Magic Carpet is "parked" there... 

The views from Blu, Tuscan Grille, and Qsine [or predecessor Silk Harvest] on Solstice-Class ships are commanding without the encumbrances that I find visually unappealing [but admittedly, without the opportunities for outdoor dining that the Deck 5 dining venues that Edge provides]...

Edited by Xport

Blu is a gorgeous venue and has the ambient light from the windows as the curtains are opaque, though this is what the view out the windows was like (I lifted the curtain and peeked). 🙂

image.png.9e49c01f2e1c6105f62ceb076eba70d3.png

I do enjoy the ocean views in other Blu restaurants for breakfast, but it wouldn't matter in the evening as it is usually dark when we eat.  I think I might like one of the two tops next to the screen closest to hallway as they seem private - some people who have dined there have reported that it was not noisy as some envisioned - they have said the hallway outside Blu is quite quiet. Hope that is the case.

1713814876_blutwotop.thumb.jpg.38ef2e89b04832cdfbfb53bf8db6196b.jpg

Other areas:

424163059_blu6.thumb.jpg.4eee5db5f2d87e9189f364f1a96f5307.jpg

blu5.thumb.jpg.9b179cc1423cc73035a2fd3b1f0fd109.jpg

blu2.thumb.jpg.f8928ab7aa1ecc4d599b6363df43cfaa.jpg

Outside Dining:

image.thumb.png.4af14b9d7499968c0220a395738eb3a9.png

1589855858_Blunight.thumb.jpg.64530ebf696fe1d586c0d2472d078560.jpg

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xport said:

If you found the views acceptable there, you will likely find the views from Blu acceptable ...

🙄 Mmmh, come to think of it, I never wondered or worried about finding the views „acceptable“ or „unacceptable“ - which would be the alternative...

I simply enjoy my time on vacation and some private time with DW. I also usually enjoy my meal and the great service and I am grateful that we are able to live the good life. While doing that I really don’t worry about issues as the one discussed now. 

Might seem simple to you... for me it’s very relaxing.

If I may use your words... I actually found the views from the outside seating of Fine Cut very acceptable.

D8EAFDC3-08BA-4980-BD18-0FD369DFAC95.thumb.jpeg.cedd7028155ac7380cd351696ba1f8ec.jpeg

5976F607-253D-4B67-BDC5-F8B99B61065C.thumb.jpeg.9dbdc82f0a60708b246a1ef8bee247db.jpeg

5C2CE0ED-0FFD-47F7-B96B-2048BCE5F6B3.thumb.jpeg.53baa4dcd1f17ba2892b833fab9a24ea.jpeg

• Like 1

On our Jan cruise, the  curtains  in BLU were open in the morning once or twice and one evening for a mini sunset view.  Closed most other times,  the view is at best a peek a boo sea view, depending on your seats.  Never saw anyone eating outside for breakfast or dinner..but those seats are counted in the capacity  numbers for this restaurant.  

Outside on the same deck are large  lifeboats/ davits, and a very large window washing mechanism,  At one breakfast they started on the BLU windows..  whoosh!   Curtains quickly closed!

None of this detracted from service or menu but stil disappointing!  We are  long time BLU fans but on Edge, BLU lost the location lottery! Fine Cut has a much more inviting  outdoor space!

Excited we are  trying the 4 mdr plan this month when we return. It was time for a change!

WE LOVED EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT AQ CLASS ON the  EDGE..esp the included thermal suites

Edited by hcat