staying near ship, plenty to do?

bones5

our ship will be docking at Costa Maya in a few weeks and we originally had planned to do Maya Chan for the day, but I'm realizing it's going to be too much walking for my husband.  I think we'll just be spending the afternoon close to the ship.  Can anyone share info. on the pool and bar area right off the ship?

First, the pier is very long.  Ive walked it bunches of times and I am always amazed at how long it is.  Sometimes there’s a tram running and sometimes not.  Once you get to the port area there are the usual assortment of shops, a few restaurants and a pool.  But make no mistake, the port isn’t “right off the ship”.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lifes-a-beach said:

First, the pier is very long.  Ive walked it bunches of times and I am always amazed at how long it is.  Sometimes there’s a tram running and sometimes not.  Once you get to the port area there are the usual assortment of shops, a few restaurants and a pool.  But make no mistake, the port isn’t “right off the ship”.  

thanks for that info!  It does look long in the photos!  That's why I gave second thoughts to walking through the port to catch the cab to Maya Chan.  I think we'll just play it by ear.

• 3 weeks later...

@bones5  the Pier is very long and I ended up hailing a wheel chair for my hubby on the way back. If you can get to the port there are dolphins you can watch and birds and lots of people watching! I think its a good port to hang out in. They have pools etc. BUT the walk is tough if you are not physically up to it.