Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
cdoobiest

Which Monkey/Sloth Company to Use?

Recommended Posts

We are looking at Monkey/Sloth Tour and Snorkeling.  I notice different tour companies use different Monkey/Sloth options.  Daniel Johnson has it's own.  Victor Bodden uses their own.  Rony's use MANAWAKIE E-CO PARK SLOTHS AND MONKEY PETTING.  Are they all different.  Any preference on which one to use?  I plan on private tour so I am sure I can ask which one we want.  Also, I want to make sure animals treated properly.  Are they all reputable companies.  I heard about Little French Key and the way animals are inhumanely kept which I want to stay away.  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're using Daniel's because that's all the wife wants to do.

Rony's and Victor's tour are very well run. We've used both in the past.

Victor keeps his own monkeys.  Manawake has a good reputation,  but they are relatively new. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am more interested in sloth , we will be there next month, need good suggestiion for sloth experience company, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

  As a woman going solo on my cruise, my husband wants me to stick with Carnival Excursions. But, I want to see Sloths and the island in general. Carnival doesn't offer a Sloth Tour.

  Can the recommended tour guides fit me into a "Group" tour? I wouldn't feel at all comfortable booking a private tour, even with a reputable company. Yet, IDK if a private group, who booked, wants someone tagging along. 

  Any ideas??

  Thank You,

   🌻🌻

   Bobbi 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

  As a woman going solo on my cruise, my husband wants me to stick with Carnival Excursions. But, I want to see Sloths and the island in general. Carnival doesn't offer a Sloth Tour.

  Can the recommended tour guides fit me into a "Group" tour? I wouldn't feel at all comfortable booking a private tour, even with a reputable company. Yet, IDK if a private group, who booked, wants someone tagging along. 

  Any ideas??

  Thank You,

   🌻🌻

   Bobbi 

 

Would posting in your roll call of of worth? 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

  I started a Roll Call. No one has joined me yet.  

 

 Does Victor Bodden Tours pick up from the Cruise Port?

 

🌻🌻

 Bobbi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes and no.  Yes, they pick up at the port but you have to walk through the gated area first.  It is a bit of a walk with a steep hill.  Carnival does this so you purchase their excursion. 

 

Good news, all excursions (private or through Carnival) drop off at the same place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carnival's Mahogany Bay requires you to meet the independent tour operators outside the gate but they will return you to the port and reducing the walk. Victor Bodden's tours are solid. I've used them 4 times. If you want to hold a sloth at Victor's Monkey jungle you must get there before 11am. The sloths retire after that. They are very sweet and don't weight anything.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

  I started a Roll Call. No one has joined me yet.  

 

 Does Victor Bodden Tours pick up from the Cruise Port?

 

🌻🌻

 Bobbi

 

The distance from the ship to tour operators depend n which port. 

When is your cruise? 

Remind me, what are your concerns? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with Carnival in Feb 2020. I'm a 62 year old woman going by herself. Who does not feel comfortable getting into a taxi etc by herself in Belize.

Edited by Markmom18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

  I just read all the answers.

 

I'm just going to do something with Carnival.  🤔🤔. I'm just not ok walking to somewhere else to meet for the Sloth or actually ANY tour. The physical walking no problem, just didn't feel all that comfy in Belize walking the City with 2 other people last time. So going by myself .... 

 

I'm sure I'll be back in Belize on another Carnival cruise in the near future (with hubby, our son or friends).  So, I'll save the Sloth visit till then .....and my husband will be relieved that I'll stick with Carnival Excursions.

  I do thank you guys!

  🌻🌻

  Bobbi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

  I tried to Edit my Post as I realized I thought I was on the Belize Board! 

 

 Sorry if I confused you guys. 😊😊

 

Yes, I will contact Victor Bodden Tours and see if I can join a group.

 

Thanks Again!

🌻🌻

 Bobbi 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

I'm with Carnival in Feb 2020. I'm a 62 year old woman going by herself. Who does not feel comfortable getting into a taxi etc by herself in Belize.

 

I understand this concern. 

 

Many of the locals are very accommodating, it is possible Daniel Johnson can make special arrangements for you. I recommend you contact them to ask, cause there is no harm in asking.  :O) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again,

  I reserved FUN 'N SUN tour with Bodden Tours in Roatan.  I got my solo confirmation this afternoon!  I liked that the Tour will spend our time with the Sloths & other animals/birds, sightsee, then go to a beach in the West Bay. Banarama (?) Beach Resort was mentioned.

 

 The email said they pick up 1 hour after the Ship's arrival ..... so 9:00am. It's a 4-5 hour tour, of course brings all of us back. 

 

 $30 for the transportation, chair at the beach. Anything else I pay for, which as a non-drinker is just fine. As that was usually the most expensive cost for me. 

 

One Excursion down, 2 to go! 

Thanks everybody ....

🌻🌻

Bobbi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi again,

  I reserved FUN 'N SUN tour with Bodden Tours in Roatan.  I got my solo confirmation this afternoon!  I liked that the Tour will spend our time with the Sloths & other animals/birds, sightsee, then go to a beach in the West Bay. Banarama (?) Beach Resort was mentioned.

 

 The email said they pick up 1 hour after the Ship's arrival ..... so 9:00am. It's a 4-5 hour tour, of course brings all of us back. 

 

 $30 for the transportation, chair at the beach. Anything else I pay for, which as a non-drinker is just fine. As that was usually the most expensive cost for me. 

 

One Excursion down, 2 to go! 

Thanks everybody ....

🌻🌻

Bobbi

 

Enjoy your day on the island! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...