Fishing ?

cluckyandgerrbear

We'd love to go fishing as a family in San Juan- our party of 6 includes 2 girls ages 6 and 7 and 2 seniors. It certainly doesn't need to be deep sea fishing as I can't imagine our little ones could reel in a huge fish. Would love to just fish off a pier for the day with lawn chairs and drinks. Is this a thing?

We will be there in April if that makes a difference 

Thanks in advance!

There's a "fishing pier" near the old San Juan Gate. Easy walk from cruise pier, but not sure if there's a fishing equipment rental place.

Locals often fish from a bridge up in Condado near the Club Nautico  .

I think you have to have a license but I don't know the cost or where to buy.

On 11/3/2019 at 1:48 PM, crewsweeper said:

There's a "fishing pier" near the old San Juan Gate. Easy walk from cruise pier, but not sure if there's a fishing equipment rental place.

Locals often fish from a bridge up in Condado near the Club Nautico  .

I think you have to have a license but I don't know the cost or where to buy.

That pier no longer exists. Between hurricane Maria in 2017 and a big swells event in March 2018, the pier was torn to pieces and only the pylons are left. No need for a fishing license to fish in PR. Unless you book a fishing day with a company using flat bottom boats in the nearby San Juan lagoon. What you want to do with lawn chairs, etc. is not really something to do in San Juan. Sorry...

Sad to hear the pier is gone.   Are locals still fishing off the bridge?  I can see surf casting not working well in San Juan.

Glad to hear no license is necessary, except for off a boat.  Last I heard they ran around $30+.Probably more now.

On 11/6/2019 at 8:48 AM, crewsweeper said:

Sad to hear the pier is gone.   Are locals still fishing off the bridge?  I can see surf casting not working well in San Juan.

Glad to hear no license is necessary, except for off a boat.  Last I heard they ran around $30+.Probably more now.

Yes, locals still fish from Dos Hermanos bridge besides the San Juan Marina. I have passed by that spot a million times and have never seen anyone reeling in anything other than a beer and a story but hey, maybe my timing is off. LOL

• Haha 1