Calling all General Aviation Pilots!!

stillamarine

I know I can’t be the only GA pilot that cruises! We have a Cessna 182G live in Alabama. I thought we should get a thread going about the best GA airports near cruise ports to help each other out. Best ramp/overnight fees, best FBO etc. I’ll start! 

We recently cruised out of Port Canaveral on the Disney Dream. We flew into KTIX (Titusville). Great airport. We used US Aviation Jet Center for the FBO. Cheapest fuel on the field. Best part? They waived the entire weeks overnight fees with the fuel purchase. If you call ahead they have a shuttle guy that will meet you on the ramp and take you the 20 minute ride to the port ($120 round trip). 

Not a GA pilot, more of a passenger on the private side of aviation but of the FBOs I've visited that area near cruise ports I'd say Banyan at FXE (Fort Lauderdale Executive) has to be one of the most impressive. Very swish with tons of facilities both for the passenger and those up front, my pilots said it was one of their favourites too! I've certainly visited more spartan FBOs 😀

Clearing immigration and customs was the easiest I've experienced anywhere (even as a UK citizen) to boot.

Edited by fbgd