3 couples sitting in a lounge. Only the gals drink. What about the guys?

dcsam

5 minutes ago, dcsam said:

In this group of 6, only the ladies drink alcohol.  Will the fellas be able to order N/A  drinks (virgin margaritas, non-alcoholic beer)?  And is bitter lemon available? 

Thank you!

Drink whatever you want. In fact, if the "girls" purchase booze packages, it is not required for both in a cabin to do it. Of course, the expectation is that folks will honor the honor system and not try to sneak drinks. Oceania's booze policies treat adults as adults. Yet another nice little perk.

As for the "bitter lemon," to make sure that they will have it for you, either you or your TA should request it several weeks (a month to be safe) prior to embarkation. If the supplier at the ship's next restock can get it, you should be "good to go."

There is  a charge for  non alcoholic beer  but  Virgin drinks there is no charge

cannot help with the bitter lemon

Anyone can sit in the bar areas   you can even order a coffee if you choose

Snert.

But I can understand ... I drink, DH doesn't.  Well, he likes his orange juice without ice.  So we tend not to go the bars unless someone asks us to join them.  I don't bother with the drink package since there's no way I'd spend enough on a daily basis to justify the cost.  So we bring some on with us at boarding time (for my use in the cabin), and if I run out of bottles of wine to take to a restaurant, then I buy from the list.  These days we usually have enough OBC that it's not painful to pay the cost.

1 hour ago, Noxequifans said:

The solution; order coke for the guys.

There  is NO requirement to order anything

it is not like  a land based bar

I often just sit  & enjoy the conversation  or music of what is happening  in the area

• Like 1

I don't know about the bitter lemon but it's been stated often here that you can request your non-alcoholic beverage of choice.  You DO need to let the ship know well in advance.  (I'm not sure how far in advance "well" is.)  If they can accommodate you, they will.  It does depend on where the ship will be and the availability of your beverage.

And sure, you can sit in the bar and order whatever you want.  It may be easier to so in Horizons, which even on the "R" ships is a large area.  The smaller bars have less space so maybe that would be a problem.  But even in Martinis you can take your "free" drink to an area outside of the immediate bar area.

You can also request your bitter lemon to be delivered to your stateroom and placed in the mini-fridge.

13 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

So you can sit in a bar & order plain soda water with no problem> And you can really order bitter lemon to be brought on the ship?? Has anyone done this? The ship leaves from LA

6 minutes ago, Mura said:

I don't know about the bitter lemon but it's been stated often here that you can request your non-alcoholic beverage of choice.  You DO need to let the ship know well in advance.  (I'm not sure how far in advance "well" is.)  If they can accommodate you, they will.  It does depend on where the ship will be and the availability of your beverage.

And sure, you can sit in the bar and order whatever you want.  It may be easier to so in Horizons, which even on the "R" ships is a large area.  The smaller bars have less space so maybe that would be a problem.  But even in Martinis you can take your "free" drink to an area outside of the immediate bar area.

You can also request your bitter lemon to be delivered to your stateroom and placed in the mini-fridge.

Because fillling special requests are very dependent on the supplying port, the furthest in advance you can make the request would be best. But, anything less than 3-4 weeks would be sketchy.

Also, which Bitter Lemon would be an important specification. 

Along these lines, we are big fans of Pellegrino water and always pre-request that Pellegrino (and Coke Zero) are all that we want in our cabin fridge. This is usually not a problem though new stocks of Pellegrino usually disappear quickly.

Then again if really concerned you CAN bring your own stock on board ... I am not unaware of the difficulty in carrying a certain amount of such items on board, especially if you are flying into a departure port.  But I have brought moderate amounts of wine and booze with us when flying to Europe from NY.  (Usually maybe 3 bottles or wine and 1 of vodka.)

Let's say that you have made a request to Oceania -- more than in the time frame suggested by Flatbush Flyer -- and they say no. Then consider importing your own stock.

Not difficult for a 7-14 day cruise,  but possibly more difficult for longer cruises!

3 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Because fillling special requests are very dependent on the supplying port, the furthest in advance you can make the request would be best. But, anything less than 3-4 weeks would be sketchy.

Also, which Bitter Lemon would be an important specification. 

Along these lines, we are big fans of Pellegrino water and always pre-request that Pellegrino (and Coke Zero) are all that we want in our cabin fridge. This is usually not a problem though new stocks of Pellegrino usually disappear quickly.

Who would I contact at Oceana?

6 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Who would I contact at Oceana?

I think you mean Oceania since Oceana is the name of a ship owned by a different cruise line. 

As for who to call for a special beverage request: have your TA handle that.

If you didn't use a TA (which means you didn't acquire any reimbursable SBC in your deal), just call the main Oceania reservations number and ask the rep to submit your request.

55 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I think you mean Oceania since Oceana is the name of a ship owned by a different cruise line. 

As for who to call for a special beverage request: have your TA handle that.

If you didn't use a TA (which means you didn't acquire any reimbursable SBC in your deal), just call the main Oceania reservations number and ask the rep to submit your request.

Yes, Oceania, I have never been a good typist

42 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Slight thread creep.  Does anyone know if they have Schweppes tonic on board?  Nothing else will do in my G & T!

Can't remember what all-purpose tonic is served at the bars.

However, since Martinis Bar now has Gunpowder Gin, I'd be asking for Fever Tree Premium Indian Tonic Water in that G&T.

7 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Slight thread creep.  Does anyone know if they have Schweppes tonic on board?  Nothing else will do in my G & T!

sometimes they do  but no guarentees

DH prefers that brand also

I requested fever tree from special services and they said they would try. They did say they stock Schweppes products so bitter lemon “should” be doable and the tonic is usually there.. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for Fever Tree but will be bringing on my own Monkey 47 gin regardless...

2 hours ago, mmssnb said:

I requested fever tree from special services and they said they would try. They did say they stock Schweppes products so bitter lemon “should” be doable and the tonic is usually there..

I have only seen tonic water here in Canada  is Bitter lemon sold in the USA?

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I have only seen tonic water here in Canada  is Bitter lemon sold in the USA?

Perhaps you need to get out more often. "Tonic" brands like Fever Tree have numerous versions, each of which pair well with certain high end gins. 

That said, visit a high end grocer or liquor store at or near wherever you may reside.They'll have "bitter lemon" and, at least, most of the Fever Tree tonic versions.