Unfunny Comedian on NA

ithaca gal

7 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Jeff Burghart and his Jack Nicholson imitation plus ventriloquist Mike Robinson and his buddy Terrence "Lemmie out, I can't breath" 

Burghart’s Tom Jones imitation had us rolling in the aisles! Loved the Jack Nicholson as Captain act too. 

Wow, I can't believe all of you remember the names of entertainers.  Very impressive.  I forget them almost as soon as the show is over.  Gosh, what does that say about my memory?  Or maybe it says more about how unimportant the entertainment is, IMO.  As someone said earlier, "I don't cruise for the entertainment."  If I did, I'd probably be on one of those massive mega-ships, and I can assure you I wouldn't remember their names either.  LOL.

I was on the NA the last two weeks, leaving last Saturday.  The one that you could not think of the name is Derrick Cameron, who was really good (he was also on during my first week on board, so I saw him there).  He also spent a lot of time with the passengers in the Gallery Bar watching whatever game was on (NFL/World Series), and having conversations with them.  As for Frances, she was OK, maybe pushing the envelope a bit.  Didn't bother seeing the split show the second week, since I saw Cameron's split show with Joseph Reohm (magician illusionist), and I had to finish my soda card and get to bed as soon as possible.

I have seen most of the other comedians mentioned, and were very funny as well.

Edited by saturn93

11 hours ago, saturn93 said:

I was on the NA the last two weeks, leaving last Saturday.  The one that you could not think of the name is Derrick Cameron, who was really good (he was also on during my first week on board, so I saw him there).  He also spent a lot of time with the passengers in the Gallery Bar watching whatever game was on (NFL/World Series), and having conversations with them.  As for Frances, she was OK, maybe pushing the envelope a bit.  Didn't bother seeing the split show the second week, since I saw Cameron's split show with Joseph Reohm (magician illusionist), and I had to finish my soda card and get to bed as soon as possible.

I have seen most of the other comedians mentioned, and were very funny as well.

Thanks! Yes, that's it!  Derrick Cameron! I could not remember his last name.  We did think he was very funny and could relate to most of his jokes as we are of the same generation he was joking about.  So funny! Love the joke about who remembers 24 or 36 exposures on a camera and having to pick and choose your shots.  Yeah, I do!  It was expensive to buy and process film! 

On 11/4/2019 at 7:00 AM, Cruising-along said:

On the the other hand there was one who picked people out from the audience and made fun of their clothing and/or hair. NOT my idea of funny. 

This comment and the ones about the comedian with a flashlight remind me of seeing the late Joan Rivers and her Las Vegas act. I was never so glad to seated be in the back of the room.

It’s true that what’s funny is subjective. But it has always seemed to me that comedians who  know how to develop and deliver clean, funny, fresh humor that most people in the audience can relate to are far more intelligent, creative, and skillful than those who rely on the same old insults and dirty jokes to get a laugh.

• Like 3