Future Cruise Credit Questions

hubofhockey

We were able to take advantage of a price reduction; I can't find anything online pertaining to changing cruises, but I'm quite certain I've read on here that you can.  You can contact Le Club Voyage, or hopefully Bonnie will be able to answer

Yes, you can change once. This is from the Terms & Conditions, found under Onboard Benefits:

"Changes (excluding cancellation of the booking) may be made to the ship or sail date of a confirmed booking once only prior to the final payment due date without incurring a change fee, and without losing your “Onboard Booking Offer”. If the booking is changed to a sailing that is further out than original sailing, the booking will retain the payment and penalty schedule of the original sailing. This ability to change the booking without incurring a fee is subject to the terms applicable in your country of residence, and may not be available in every country. Visit your Cruise Sales Team onboard and/or visit the Azamara website in your country of residence for more details and full terms and conditions."

https://www.azamara.com/int/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/onboard-benefits

Thank you Laurie and Bonnie.  The gentleman heading up future cruise sales explained to me that, with this provision, it made sense  to book a hold cruise that I could change into another cruise up to two year later (into 2023).  The important thing was to lock in a future cruise with the savings and credit.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's 4% plus another $300.  For a $10,000 cruise, that's a 7% break right of the top.

I booked the 15-day April 2021 Japan itinerary, but will probably just use it as a placeholder and move the booking before final payment - sometime late in 2020.  Hopefully, even the 2023 itineraries will be out by then.  We may opt for a 10-day Japan itinerary on Oceania, mainly due to pricing and time constraints.  Two weeks away from the office is easier to do rather than three.  I like the option I had of booking the placeholder.  If the Azamara price drops and the Oceania one doesn't, I can always stick with the Pursuit cruise.  😎  It's a "No lose" situation.

Bonnie, I'm not sure I understand the wording of the change policy  ("If the booking is changed to a sailing that is further out than original sailing, the booking will retain the payment and penalty schedule of the original sailing")

using hubofhockey's example above, if one books a 2021 cruise but then moves it to 2023, when is final payment due - 90 days before the cruise in 2021 or in 2023?

thanks in advance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisinsusin said:

Bonnie, I'm not sure I understand the wording of the change policy  ("If the booking is changed to a sailing that is further out than original sailing, the booking will retain the payment and penalty schedule of the original sailing")

using hubofhockey's example above, if one books a 2021 cruise but then moves it to 2023, when is final payment due - 90 days before the cruise in 2021 or in 2023?

thanks in advance

Edit - I called Azamara and payment for the new cruise does not need to be made until regular payments are due for that next cruise.  Phew!!!!

Edited by hubofhockey
  • Like 1

"the booking will retain the payment and penalty schedule of the original sailing"

Hopefully, they will clarify the language or change it in that electronic document.  If the electronic document is correct, I suppose that I can kiss goodbye to my $75 portion of the Future Cruise Deposit.  

Hello all!  Just checking if anyone on this forum was on the Azamara Quest September 19, 2019 sailing from Tokyo to Hong Kong.  Just a quick overview.  We missed a number of ports--Shanghai being one of them--and the amazing evening (ok it was due to bad seas) but nonetheless at the end of the cruise we were told we would have a credit toward another Azamara cruise.  We were also told that we had 2020 to choose a cruise and it DIDN'T  have to be taken in 2020.  Well just received an email from head office in which we are given the discount BUT the cruise MUST BE TAKEN BY OCTOBER 21, 2020.  Not good for us as we have 2020 plans and none of the Azamara cruises work for us at this point.  We were totally ready to take a January/February 2021 but looks like there's a fight ahead.  Anyone familiar with this?

Ontothenext

I think that is really not the Future Cruise Credit, but something else, but that doesn't sound right.  You should call Azamara and ask them what to do.  This was the itinerary before ours and I heard that you guys had horrible weather problems.  

What gets me on my Future Cruise Booking is that I know I probably will move my cruise out a couple of years, but I can't do it until new itineraries come out.  In the meantime, Azamara believes I am taking the cruise that I am currently booked on.  I am not planning on taking it, but have to leave the reservation there until I can find a replacement cruise and that won't happen until next April, at the earliest, when new itineraries are released.