Cruise Critic Community
fstuff1

Silhouette 1st night specialty restaurant discounts: Which one to book?

Choices:

Lawn Club Grill @ $30 (menu: https://www.beyondships2.com/celebrity-silhouette-lawn-club-grill-menu.html )

Murano @ $35

Tuscan Grille @ $30

I'm thinking lawn club, especially if i can choose multiple meats. (ie: Ribeye, shrimp and scallops, and the red snapper)

What's your opinion?

Also, what are the usual discounts to the specialty restaurants once i'm onboard? (no dining package)

Edited by fstuff1

I was on Silhouette in October and there were no discounts for any of the speciality restaurants as they were pretty much booked up.

My choice would always be Murano.

Enjoy.

I personally don't like the Lawn Club grill so would pick Tuscan or Murano.  Right now one of my very favorite sommeliers is in Murano so I would pick that one (his name is Alex).

As to usual discounts - it certainly can vary by cruise, with 7 day cruises having fewer discounts than longer cruises.  That said, there is only one time we have had an issue getting discounts and that was when we sailed with a large corporate group that booked up all the specialty restaurants (didn't think that was fair, but...……).  We have sailed more than 15 cruises on Celebrity in the last 2 years alone (50+ all together), and in all cases but that one we have been able to get discounts of a minimum of 20%, up to 50%, with 30% being the average,.  It helps if you can eat early or late (8:30ish) as most people want 7-8:00.  It also helps to wait a few days and then try - if bookings are slow it helps your chances.

22 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I personally don't like the Lawn Club grill so would pick Tuscan or Murano.  Right now one of my very favorite sommeliers is in Murano so I would pick that one (his name is Alex).

As to usual discounts - it certainly can vary by cruise, with 7 day cruises having fewer discounts than longer cruises.  That said, there is only one time we have had an issue getting discounts and that was when we sailed with a large corporate group that booked up all the specialty restaurants (didn't think that was fair, but...……).  We have sailed more than 15 cruises on Celebrity in the last 2 years alone (50+ all together), and in all cases but that one we have been able to get discounts of a minimum of 20%, up to 50%, with 30% being the average,.  It helps if you can eat early or late (8:30ish) as most people want 7-8:00.  It also helps to wait a few days and then try - if bookings are slow it helps your chances.

what didnt you like about the Lawn club grill?

2 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

I'm thinking lawn club, especially if i can choose multiple meats. (ie: Ribeye, shrimp and scallops, and the red snapper)

What's your opinion?

Personally, I love Lawn Club Grill.  And, you can have as many steaks and/or other dishes as you wish.  😋

Lawn Club Grill would be my choice also.  I can't imagine not liking it.

2 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

what didnt you like about the Lawn club grill?

For one thing, the wind kept blowing my hair across my face when I was trying to eat. Service was bad. The food was good, but for the price it felt way too casual to me.  I have no desire to pay that kind of money and then have to get up and get my own salad (at a salad bar where half the bins were almost or totally empty).  I confess I’ve only tried it once but I have no desire to go again. I love Tuscan; some aren’t fans of that. 

Edited by phoenix_dream

Another vote for LCG. Mainly because only SI and RF offer it. Can dine in Tuscan and Qsine/LPC on any Celebrity ship. Even though we are Zenith and get a 25% discount any night I have LCG booked the first night on my next SI cruise with the 33% discount.

Tuscan has been a mixed bag. The food is not what it used to be.  We booked Tuscan for the first night on the Silhouette a year ago, and both the food and the service were so mediocre that we did not go back, although it was a long cruise and we’d intended to.  The food and service in Murano are consistently better, but it’s too long drawn out a meal for the first night for us. I love the Lawn Club Grill, and if the embarkation port is a warm one, I think that would be a great first night choice. 

Will be on Silhouette in two weeks and after reading this, I think we will try LCG on the first night.  Leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale so should be warm.  I guess the wind can be annoying but will wear a clip to keep hair in check.  I've never seen their salad bar containers less than full so maybe (and hoping) that was just an isolated occurrence.  

OP, were the prices you listed already inclusive of the discount?  I thought I remember Murano to be more than $35 pp.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

11 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

Another vote for LCG. Mainly because only SI and RF offer it. Can dine in Tuscan and Qsine/LPC on any Celebrity ship. Even though we are Zenith and get a 25% discount any night I have LCG booked the first night on my next SI cruise with the 33% discount.

They had LCG on the Summit. (i was just on there last week and saw an ad for it in the Daily.)

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

OP, were the prices you listed already inclusive of the discount?  I thought I remember Murano to be more than $35 pp.

yes, prices after discounts. 

41 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

They had LCG on the Summit. (i was just on there last week and saw an ad for it in the Daily.)

Only the Solstice-Class ships [Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette and Reflection] have the lawn area and, of those, only two--Silhouette and Reflection--have the Lawn Club Grill [LGC]...  The others have the Hot Glass facility in the same area...

With respect, believe that you may have seen an ad for Le Petit Chef [LPC] while recently aboard Summit...

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Will be on Silhouette in two weeks and after reading this, I think we will try LCG on the first night.  Leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale so should be warm.  I guess the wind can be annoying but will wear a clip to keep hair in check.  I've never seen their salad bar containers less than full so maybe (and hoping) that was just an isolated occurrence.  

$35 pp is what I'm paying for first night in Murano on the Equinox in 12/19.

17 minutes ago, Xport said:

Only the Solstice-Class ships [Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette and Reflection] have the lawn area and, of those, only two--Silhouette and Reflection--have the Lawn Club Grill [LGC]...  The others have the Hot Glass facility in the same area...

ah.. i was wrong.

Pool Grill.. Lawn Grill.. 

but same menu!! i guess thats why i thought it was the same name

IMG_20191031_084028030[1].jpg

Edited by fstuff1

7 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

is the lawn grill out in the open or is it under a canopy? 

ie: what if it rains?

It's open air but it's covered with a regular roof-type structure, not a canopy.

Someone posted they could have all the main courses they want. Is that correct? I don't care for any of the sides, but would like to have the vegetable kabob with my steak. Is that possible, please? Guess we'll give it a try on either Silly or Ref in the next 4 months are we are on both in that time frame. Is the Porch still $30 per person for both lunch and dinner?

7 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

ah.. i was wrong.

Thank you for posting this.  It would be wonderful if they would add this to all the "M" class ships.  And, hopefully, to the other three "S" class ships.  😋

7 minutes ago, Texed said:

Thank you for posting this.  It would be wonderful if they would add this to all the "M" class ships.  And, hopefully, to the other three "S" class ships.  😋

This is the first I’ve read about it.  Interestingly it hasn’t been a hot topic.  I agree, it would be wonderful to have on the M Class ships.

Yes, you can have more than the steak if you want.  I had a seafood kabob with my steak last time.  I have also seen people with lamb chops on their plate as well as the steak.  If they have a demo during the day you should go up there to have a taste.

They also have heat lamps here and there if it is cold.  Last time we went it was so cold we were invited to come back for a half price dinner!

11 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

It's very possible we just had an isolated bad experience.  Hope yours is much better!

12 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

ah.. i was wrong.

IMG_20191031_084028030[1].jpg

This is something new. Were they using the grill area where the hamburgers are served at lunch? Seating by the pool? Sounds like they are doing everything possible to make more profit !!! $45 per person ???? WOW !!!!

5 minutes ago, TommyD3 said:

This is something new. Were they using the grill area where the hamburgers are served at lunch? Seating by the pool? Sounds like they are doing everything possible to make more profit !!! $45 per person ???? WOW !!!!

But odd this is the first anyone has heard of this.  When did the Summit get the “Revolution” and why no word about a new restaurant?  

Edited by Oville

20 minutes ago, Oville said:

But odd this is the first anyone has heard of this.  When did the Summit get the “Revolution” and why no word about a new restaurant?  

The Summit was revolutionized this spring.  We spent two weeks on her in September.  There was no new restaurant.  Whatever this is, it's very new.  (Maybe a one day thing?)