Ovation Daily Dining Guides

Thank you for posting these. As I prepare to cook my own dinner tonight it makes me look forward to my next cruise.

For anyone concerned re the small menu selection in the MDR there is also the always included classics menu which you get when you dine there.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, frantic36 said:

I must admit I rarely do breakfast in the room but I haven't noticed any difference due to suite level over this past year's travel. Isklaar maybe you and I are similarly unobservant.🙂

Our next cruise will be in a veranda suite, 25 days on Sojourn. Wondering if I should prepare myself for room service breakfast consisting of bread and water?  😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Isklaar said:

"menu options vary by suite level"

Do they? I've never noticed that. Is this something new, or am I just not very observant?!

Hmm...our room steward, when we asked for the card, shuffled through a small stack and pulled one out saying, "Here is the right one!" So I guessed there was variance among the cards and then further assumed it was based on suite level. 

Edited by TipsFromTheTrenches

45 minutes ago, TipsFromTheTrenches said:

Hmm...our room steward, when we asked for the card, shuffled through a small stack and pulled one out saying, "Here is the right one!" So I guessed there was variance among the cards and then further assumed it was based on suite level.

thank you for your post.

I'm actually surprised if this really is the case, and somewhat disappointed if this is the way that Seabourn is going. I know that Oceania, for example, offers different in room breakfast choices depending on suite category but for me this just isn't the Seabourn way.

I'll investigate when I'm onboard Sojourn next month.

• 1 year later...

Having never sailed on SS, is there a sushi restaurant on all ships or just certain ones?  We are on the Quest for 24 days in February 22.  Or if there is not a specialty sushi restaurant, do they have sushi available at some of the other restaurants? TIA

14 minutes ago, bohaiboy said:

Having never sailed on SS, is there a sushi restaurant on all ships or just certain ones?  We are on the Quest for 24 days in February 22.  Or if there is not a specialty sushi restaurant, do they have sushi available at some of the other restaurants? TIA

Restaurant is only on Ovation and Encore. 

There is sushi available occasionally at the buffet in The Colonnade on the Odyssey class ships,but honestly it's not up to much. I believe it may have been only on one cruise that I have seen it so it may have been a trial.

Edited by Isklaar

Just reading this thread again and realise a post has been removed and now several posts starting with mine at post #5 do not make much sense. 
Someone had suggested that SB offers different options for room service breakfast depending on suite category.
Just to clarify that this is not correct. I've stayed in suite categories from Wintergarden to Veranda and the breakfast menu was the same in all categories. 

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to Tips from the Trenches for posting these menus.  We have booked Seabourn for the first time for September-October, 2022 and were wondering about opening times and was served in each venue.  Another question:  we will be on 3 B2B cruises of one week each.  Does Seabourn rotate the same menus every 7 days or do they make additional changes from week to week?  Just curious.  We're not that worried since it seems like there are many, many choices each night.

On 7/1/2021 at 6:05 PM, HalFan said:

We have booked Seabourn for the first time for September-October, 2022 and were wondering about opening times and was served in each venue.  Another question:  we will be on 3 B2B cruises of one week each.  Does Seabourn rotate the same menus every 7 days or do they make additional changes from week to week? 

On the smaller Odyssey class ships the venue hours were typically 7-9 (with TK opening a bit earlier).  On the larger Encore ships, a couple of the restaurants opened slightly earlier but you should still expect to dine between 6:30-9.

They have a long rotation of menus… I’ve been on for 16 nights with no repeating menus in the dining room although a popular dish might be sprinkled in more than once.  There is lord repetition on the Patio Grill lunch menus and the TK menu doesn’t change with the exception of daily specials.