New

Happyhens

18 hours ago, clo said:

Since we do pre and post, we take our own.

I had to get one on board.  I have one packed in my normal travel suitcase.  But for cruises, I use a different suitcase, with different standard items (those that do not get unpacked).  So missed this. 🙂

On 11/5/2019 at 8:55 AM, Happyhens said:

My husband and I just started looking for a cruise to Alaska. For us getting the best possible price is important since we’ve budgeted tightly for this adventure. 
We live in Florida so it makes sense to fly to Seattle. Are there any secrets on securing lower pricing and is booking with a cruise line direct equal to booking through a travel site and/or agency? All your feedback is welcomed😊

Somebody mentioned they like Aug. because days are still longer, but after the summer solstice on June 20 (2020), the days start getting shorter. So I would recommend end of May for budget and long days. Also, there probably won’t be as many kids in May, if that is a concern.

TA’s cannot give you a lower fare, but they can take a cut in their commission and offer you incentives. Usually big box TA’s can do this because they have hundreds of clients and book a lot with the cruise lines. If you choose to book with a cruise line representative, or just on the website on your own, you can always watch for price drops. Most cruise lines will honor those drops until final payment. Carnival has a fare that offers drops up to 2 days before cruise, but there are penalties associated with that fare if you cancel.

10 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

So I would recommend end of May for budget and long days.

We did an Alaska cruise in early June and saw one whale, far far away.  We were told that they're not generally migrating back that early.