Changes to MDR menus?anyone on Odyssey now?

Isklaar

Cruising friends are telling me they've heard there are some changes afoot in the MDR. 
They heard that the menu is reverting to 3 courses, but with a larger selection of appetisers and that the TK MDR dishes are being removed. There are also quite a few changes to the choices available, with new dishes on the menu, which sounds promising! 

Is anyone able to verify any of this and share more details, perhaps someone who is currently on Odyssey as that's the ship the changes are rolling out first. 

2 hours ago, margbem said:

We were on Odyssey last month and were told that the TK items were being removed from the MDR menu. Don't know anything more than that. We found that some of those were good and some terrible.

I enjoyed some of the TK offerings, especially there was an apple dessert that was delicious. Agree that some were horrid!

So, a little update.

I've just seen this subject being discussed elsewhere on social media and a guest who is currently on board Odyssey has confirmed that there are changes to the menus.

Hopefully galeforce will be able to comment further in a couple of weeks.

9 minutes ago, uk69cruiser said:

The changes were launched on Quest when we were aboard in September. They said Odyssey would be next.

Can you tell us more Information?  Are the menu selections very different? 

Menu is now three sections - appetiser, main course & dessert. There are new dishes that have been added and there is more choice within each of the sections. The alternative TK options served on alternate days in the MDR have been removed. No changes to standard TK Grill menu as yet but mooted.

Afternoon tea service changed back to a served service with a three tier tea stand and new crockery.

25 minutes ago, uk69cruiser said:

Menu is now three sections - appetiser, main course & dessert. There are new dishes that have been added and there is more choice within each of the sections. The alternative TK options served on alternate days in the MDR have been removed. No changes to standard TK Grill menu as yet but mooted.

Afternoon tea service changed back to a served service with a three tier tea stand and new crockery.

Sounds good!
I'm pleased to know about the afternoon tea service, it felt a little incongruous as a self serve buffet.

However I will miss the TK apple trifle dish in MDR.

I wonder if the changes will have been rolled out to Sojourn by Christmas? 

8 hours ago, uk69cruiser said:

These changes sound good, the MDR menus were getting a little tired. The TK grill menu, not sure I expect that to change quite so soon, that's their flagship tie-up with Keller and rolling a change through that will take some time. I wouldn't mind seeing something different there next time we cruise but, don't expect it.