Dining room table for two

smp1953@msn.com

Unlike almost every other cruise line in the world Carnival still refuses to allow guests to choose a table size for fixed seating dining. If you have “Your time” it’s no problem, just ask for a table for two when you show up. 

Edited by WNcruiser

15 hours ago, smp1953@msn.com said:

We are booked on Carnival's Freedom for next April and wondering how could we reserve a main dining room for two. 

You can email the matre'd for your ship ahead of time and make the request. 

Like WNcruiser said "If you have “Your time” it’s no problem, just ask for a table for two when you show up." If you have assigned dining, don't bother contacting the matre'd. They don't have to look at your email. John Heald is who you need to contact. Go on his Facebook page a few days before your cruise and ask him for a table for two. That is the only way to do it to make sure you get it. 

klfrodo is correct that most tables for 2 are very close together and you really don't have much privacy.

13 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

Unlike almost every other cruise line in the world Carnival still refuses to allow guests to choose a table size for fixed seating dining. If you have “Your time” it’s no problem, just ask for a table for two when you show up. 

Jamman54 in his reviews indicates he and his wife are able to request a booth just for them on their cruises with fixed time dining.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keys2Heaven said:

Not necessarily. Some ships have dedicated 2 tops.

Agreed, we had a lovely table for 2 last December on the Breeze.  It was a regular distance from the other tables (a few feet) and right next to the 2nd floor railing with a view into the lower dining room.  I emailed the maitre'd a few weeks before the cruise to request a table for 2 if possible.  We had early set dining.  I don't remember the formula for the maitre'd emails but I'm sure someone around here can post it again.

Edited by HangryGrl
  • Like 1

We have never had a problem getting a table for 2.  We always request your time dining. 

As other posters mention, if you have your time dining just ask for a table for two when you check in.  A helpful hint . . .  to avoid feeling like you're sharing a table with another couple as tables are set very close together, request a booth.  

2 hours ago, HangryGrl said:

Agreed, we had a lovely table for 2 last December on the Breeze.  It was a regular distance from the other tables (a few feet) and right next to the 2nd floor railing with a view into the lower dining room.  I emailed the maitre'd a few weeks before the cruise to request a table for 2 if possible.  We had early set dining.  I don't remember the formula for the maitre'd emails but I'm sure someone around here can post it again.

Agree that the two tops are not all created equal (I've posted a photo several times here of a typical two top on many ships - too crowded). On our Alaska cruise a few months ago on Legend, we had a great two top next to the window (excellent Alaskan evening views!) with only the wide aisle way between us and the table to our left/right, it was quite separate. We did have YTD however.

2 hours ago, MT_Sea_Cruisers said:

We have never had a problem getting a table for 2.  We always request your time dining. 

As other posters mention, if you have your time dining just ask for a table for two when you check in.  A helpful hint . . .  to avoid feeling like you're sharing a table with another couple as tables are set very close together, request a booth.  

Depending on the staff and time, sometimes they won't give 2 people a booth since they are already set for 4 people. We never have a hard time asking for a table though