Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
fisher joe

majesty seas-diamond lounge??

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, fisher joe said:

Does majesty of the seas have a diamond lounge? or do you just get the three voucher drinks??

.

 

No dedicated Diamond, Concierge, or Suite Lounge on Majesty.

 

They do hold a nightly free cocktail period in VIking Crown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fisher joe said:

so do you use you sea pass card for 3 drinks in viking crown??

It's unlimited drinks in the Viking Crown.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only difference really is no coffee machine for D on Majesty.  The front half of the VCL functions like a DL with snacks like other DL's and drinks served by waiters with no swiping per drink during happy hour.  Same happy hour menu as other ships.

 

The rest of the day the VCL is public.

Edited by twangster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't remember where I read it - probably the other place - but supposedly Majesty will be ending its "happy hours in the VCL" and become like Empress - vouchers only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I can't remember where I read it - probably the other place - but supposedly Majesty will be ending its "happy hours in the VCL" and become like Empress - vouchers only.

 

 

Read that too...

 

steamboats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, fisher joe said:

so do you use you sea pass card for 3 drinks in viking crown??

 

They may ask to see your SeaPass card once to confirm your C&A level, but probably won't need to see it for every drink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though no dedicated CL/DL/SL on Majesty, we really enjoyed the cocktail event in the VCL.  Superior munchies too!  At first they asked to see your sea pass card, and "guard dogs" were at the entrance to the lounge.  Then later they did not.  

 

What you will not see is a dedicated concierge person, and of course...my favorite perk is missing...the coffee machine.  😮 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, island lady said:

Though no dedicated CL/DL/SL on Majesty, we really enjoyed the cocktail event in the VCL.  Superior munchies too!  At first they asked to see your sea pass card, and "guard dogs" were at the entrance to the lounge.  Then later they did not.  

 

What you will not see is a dedicated concierge person, and of course...my favorite perk is missing...the coffee machine.  😮 

 Just got off the Majesty

the Viking crown happy hour was from 4-8pm . they checked our card the first night only to verify

Breakfast for diamond  etc. is 3rd floor dining room. Includes the cappucino coffee. Same thing checked our card the first morning only. times varied a little depending on port or sea day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I can't remember where I read it - probably the other place - but supposedly Majesty will be ending its "happy hours in the VCL" and become like Empress - vouchers only.

Ahhhh yes I remember recently reading that. Supposedly Vernon got an email stating that it will be ending the first of the year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Retired LEO said:

Ahhhh yes I remember recently reading that. Supposedly Vernon got an email stating that it will be ending the first of the year.  

 

Yes!  That was it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

Ahhhh yes I remember recently reading that. Supposedly Vernon got an email stating that it will be ending the first of the year.  

I am really bummed to see this. DL is where we enjoy meeting so many fellow cruisers. We've made lifelong friends. To us, it's not so much the 'free' booze, it's all about the opportunity to meet others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TheSweetPotatoQueen said:

I am really bummed to see this. DL is where we enjoy meeting so many fellow cruisers. We've made lifelong friends. To us, it's not so much the 'free' booze, it's all about the opportunity to meet others. 

 

You can still go up there and use your 3 drink vouchers!  🙂  Just no munchies set out.  And MJ does not have a DL anyway.  The VCL was used to hold the "Suites/Diamond and above cocktail event"  

 

And yes, we agree.  We love the lounges on the ships that have them for the same reason.  Chatting with others we meet (and also indeed long time friends) that all have the same thing in common.  We love to cruise, and cruise often!  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TheSweetPotatoQueen said:

I am really bummed to see this. DL is where we enjoy meeting so many fellow cruisers. We've made lifelong friends. To us, it's not so much the 'free' booze, it's all about the opportunity to meet others. 

 

There are many places to meet others.  Just say "hi" to the person next to you like you might do in a Diamond Lounge.  Or, share a table in the dining room. 

 

We were on the walk around deck on majesty a few months ago, at sail away,  and started a conversation with another couple  We  hit it off spent two beach  days together.  We still keep in touch.    There were first time RCCL cruisers.

enjoy

 

M  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Truth be told I met the best bunch of folks on different Empress sailings at the Schooner Bar.  It became our unofficial happy hour meeting point (the ship suggested D members use the VCL as a public happy hour gathering place which was empty).  

 

While disappointing to see, the Schooner Bar on MJ could also become an unofficial meeting point for happy hour participants.

 

I've run into more cruisers from my times on Empress compared to any other ship.  I'm sailing with one on Vision right now.  I sailed with some on Navigator in September and Majesty in October.  I'm sailing with some of them again on Oasis in December.

 

It's possible to enjoy the same social benefits on any ship, possibly more so since the DL happy hour on some ships is so very busy and often over crowded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twangster  is spot on.  And, since  smaller ships have fewer bars, you will often see the same folks.  

 

Enjoy

M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

 

There are many places to meet others.  Just say "hi" to the person next to you like you might do in a Diamond Lounge.  Or, share a table in the dining room. 

 

We were on the walk around deck on majesty a few months ago, at sail away,  and started a conversation with another couple  We  hit it off spent two beach  days together.  We still keep in touch.    There were first time RCCL cruisers.

enjoy

 

M  

 

 

I was just coming to post the same thing.  Well said Marci- lots of people seem to think that the DL's are the only places to meet folks.  There are like minded folks in ALL the bars and dining venues.🍺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did a B2B solo on Majesty recently (I’m the cookie lady)

The nice thing about VCL was lack of loud music. It was easy to have conversations with others without having to shout over the music. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are sailing on the Majesty out of NOLA in Feb. of 2020.  I am disappointed to hear that there will be no designated bar for happy hour.  We are Diamond Plus and had expected a lounge with snacks to be available in the evening.  No doubt this will make all of the bars very busy in the evenings with lines to get drinks before dinner.  I am sure we will enjoy the cruise anyway but keeping track of vouchers is never fun.

Edited by SHIP TRAVELER
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

We are sailing on the Majesty out of NOLA in Feb. of 2020.  I am disappointed to hear that there will be no designated bar for happy hour.  We are Diamond Plus and had expected a lounge with snacks to be available in the evening.  No doubt this will make all of the bars very busy in the evenings with lines to get drinks before dinner.  I am sure we will enjoy the cruise anyway but keeping track of vouchers is never fun.

 

Just ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 10:49 PM, tanamama said:

 Just got off the Majesty

the Viking crown happy hour was from 4-8pm . they checked our card the first night only to verify

Breakfast for diamond  etc. is 3rd floor dining room. Includes the cappucino coffee. Same thing checked our card the first morning only. times varied a little depending on port or sea day.

I guess I'm the only one that read this post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

We are sailing on the Majesty out of NOLA in Feb. of 2020.  I am disappointed to hear that there will be no designated bar for happy hour.  We are Diamond Plus and had expected a lounge with snacks to be available in the evening.  No doubt this will make all of the bars very busy in the evenings with lines to get drinks before dinner.  I am sure we will enjoy the cruise anyway but keeping track of vouchers is never fun.

 

We are on the Majesty next month.  If the VC does not host a happy hour, we will find a lounge on the ship that suits us, most likely still the VC, and let our bar server know that we come in every night and our preferred drinks.  An extra tip helps, too, on top of the usual dollar per drink we pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, pcur said:

 

We are on the Majesty next month.  If the VC does not host a happy hour, we will find a lounge on the ship that suits us, most likely still the VC, and let our bar server know that we come in every night and our preferred drinks.  An extra tip helps, too, on top of the usual dollar per drink we pay.

Extra Tip for what? Good service or extra "Free" Drinks?

Edited by ONECRUISER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...