Leaving cruise early before final destination

AAAChamp

14 minutes ago, AAAChamp said:

No one seems to know if you can get an FMM for a ship.  I read above that the NCL daily newsletter which gives you all the activities for the day provides you the port authority information to contact when you are in port.  I'm thinking that is how we get the FMM or maybe even the cruise ship has the FMM if I could get an email to ask guest services on the ship.  

What is printed in the daily is not the "port authority information" but the name of NCL's port agent -- the person you would contact, for example, if you were on an excursion and late getting back to the ship, or had an accident and could not return to the ship.  He/she is the ship's representative at the port.   I would ask Guest Services about the FMM, and, if they don't have one, I would contact the port agent before you arrive in the port to find out if he/she can facilitate your son's getting the FMM.   While you won't have his/her contact info until the evening before when the daily is left in your cabin, certainly the staff on the ship do have it.   I imagine NCL on land maybe had it as well, and I hope they would give it too you if you called now. 

If someone with a recent daily can post the Port Agent contact info for Cabo, you could contact the agent now.

Good luck! 

• Like 1

Thank you so much Hallux!!!  The information above is so helpful!  I got in touch with Cabo and they got me in touch with the Mazatlan Port contact.  I have yet to talk to Mazatlan, but I think this is the most hopeful I have felt in this process.  Thanks again!!

He would miss 2 days of the cruise and needs to leave by the 2nd Mexico port plus I don't think NCL would let him board the cruise late.  I do feel very hopeful that the above contact will assist us in making this happen.  When I spoke to Cabo they said they could help but only if he was departing from Cabo.  I feel that Mazatlan will assist in the same way.  Thank you all for your help with this!!!  It's amazing how nice you all are to take the time to help me!! Thank you so very much!!

I spoke with the Mazatlan Port Agent and they will help me with the proper paperwork needed for my son to return to the US.  I can organize getting the Mazatlan port agent his passport and flight itinerary beforehand.  Then when I board the ship I am suppose to let guest services know he will disembark.  The Port Agent will need to know 48 hours before he disembarks.  The port agent will meet us on the day we port and facilitate the process.  I feel confident that this will work!!  Thank you ALL for your help!!!  Thanks Hallux for keeping your NCL newsletters!!

4 hours ago, AAAChamp said:

Thanks Hallux for keeping your NCL newsletters!!

No problem. I actually have them from all the cruises I've been on (only 4 so the pile isn't that big), but those images were the pictures I took to have the info on-hand when in port...

• Like 1

I will be going through NCL.  When I arrive on the ship I will notify NCL guest services that my son will be disembarking on the specific day.  They will notify their Port Agent (the person I contacted) also a NCL contact.  I will also contact the NCL Port Agent with my son's passport and itinerary before I depart.  They will meet me at the Port on the day my son will disembark.  He will pay for the FMM (visitor's permit) which is $38 US dollars.  He will use that permit and his passport at the airport to return to the US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nascarcruiser said:

Ok in theory this should work but what if you miss the port for some reason?

A quite valid question, one which I have not seen addressed.  I imagine it would result in the son "eating" the cost of any travel arrangements and missing whatever event it is that has made this discussion necessary.

The port agent is not a NCL contact. They are a third party contracted by NCL to provide services. While I doubt anyone on the ship will stop you, you need permission from the home office to do this.

Worst case scenario is that your son gets blacklisted from cruising with NCL. 

• 2 weeks later...