Cruise Critic Community
KatyaM

Crown Princess and Island Princess Electrical Outlets

We are travelling on cruises to Norway on Crown Princess and to Norway and Iceland on Island Princess in August/September 2020. I have never travelled on either of these ships before.

The passenger information suggests that there are only 110v/US electrical outlets. As I am from Australia, some of my travelling appliances are 220v. I was wondering whether there are any 220v/European outlets in the staterooms on these ships.

If it is relevant, we are in a S4 & S5 Penthouse Suites.

Many thanks for any information you can share.

We were on the Crown earlier this year.  Standard American 110v outlets are the norm. However...there is a hidden 220 volt outlet under/behind the bed that can be used. A nightstand lamp uses this outlet, but if you bring along an adapter/splitter you can maintain the use of the lamp as well as provide an additional 220 volt source. Note: this may not be practical for what you need to do but it does work. We have done this to provide a source for 2 CPAP machines without having to run a cord across the floor, which is the ship's "solution" for CPAP use.

6 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We were on the Crown earlier this year.  Standard American 110v outlets are the norm. However...there is a hidden 220 volt outlet under/behind the bed that can be used. A nightstand lamp uses this outlet, but if you bring along an adapter/splitter you can maintain the use of the lamp as well as provide an additional 220 volt source. Note: this may not be practical for what you need to do but it does work. We have done this to provide a source for 2 CPAP machines without having to run a cord across the floor, which is the ship's "solution" for CPAP use.

Note that this outlet is a two pin EU style outlet.  You would need the adapter to go from EU to OZ (without flying...).  EM