Celebrity Xpedition runs aground in Galapagos

G.M.T.

Cruise Mapper shows Xpedition cruising in Galapagos. But so far no passenger updates on Cruise Critic. I am on March 14 cruise so here's hoping all is now ok. But am still showing cabin 305 on closed deck 3!!??  Gerry

3 hours ago, GWaite said:

Cruise Mapper shows Xpedition cruising in Galapagos. But so far no passenger updates on Cruise Critic. I am on March 14 cruise so here's hoping all is now ok. But am still showing cabin 305 on closed deck 3!!??  Gerry

Do you have access to the Galapagos Desk? 866-973-8466 is the number we call from the States. Even Celebrity’s main number should be able to help you.  Good luck!

3 hours ago, GWaite said:

I'm on March 7th cruise.  Had cabin 416 (now closed)

Received notification 4 February of reallocation of cabin.

On 2/4/2020 at 6:29 AM, sippican said:

Looking good!

It's possible they took advantage of provisioning at the shipyard and will finish up in Baltra. 

I (very) dimly recall reading that they have to have all Ecuadorian provisions onboard. But that was 7 years ago when we did our first Galapagos cruise.

1 hour ago, critterchick said:

I (very) dimly recall reading that they have to have all Ecuadorian provisions onboard. But that was 7 years ago when we did our first Galapagos cruise.

Yes, I believe you are correct! And lest we forget the infamous lobster incident, lol!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

Do you have access to the Galapagos Desk? 866-973-8466 is the number we call from the States. Even Celebrity’s main number should be able to help you.  Good luck!

I called our Australian number. I think I knew more about the status of Xpedition than he did - a guy in a call centre who knows where. But he took my details as I suspect Galapagos people not in - due to time zones. Will hopefully call back with details. But I did check Celebrity website and they are selling cabins on 14 March 2020 cruise; so probably ok. I'd just fell better with room not of deck 3.  Gerry

Edited by GWaite

9 hours ago, GWaite said:

I called our Australian number. I think I knew more about the status of Xpedition than he did - a guy in a call centre who knows where. But he took my details as I suspect Galapagos people not in - due to time zones. Will hopefully call back with details. But I did check Celebrity website and they are selling cabins on 14 March 2020 cruise; so probably ok. I'd just fell better with room not of deck 3.  Gerry

Good luck, I hope things get sorted out for you!

• 3 weeks later...