Question about luggage on Harmony

jagsfan

My DD’s friend has a hard sided duffle that measures 14” when lying flat. 

She needs to know if it will fit under a bed on Harmony. 

We’ve had to lift the frame on various cruise ships in order to slide my  26’ that measures 12”

under the bed. 

The friend is concerned that if she lifts the frame and slides the duffle bag under, that the hard frame will create a large bulge or be crushed. 

Anybody know the clearance?

Edited by jagsfan

51 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My DD’s friend has a hard sided duffle that measures 14” when lying flat. 

She needs to know if it will fit under a bed on Harmony. 

We’ve had to lift the frame on various cruise ships in order to slide my  26’ that measures 12”

under the bed. 

The friend is concerned that if she lifts the frame and slides the duffle bag under, that the hard frame will create a large bulge or be crushed. 

Anybody know the clearance?

Just measured. Our bag is 12.5 inches, and it rubbed as it went under. That was on Symphony. 

10 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

If by chance your in a balcony she could wrap in plastic and keep in the corner outside.  happy cruising

They’re in a balcony. I’ll offer that as a solution. 

I would just take two smaller pieces of luggage and nest them under the bed. 

Princess has very large closets so she’s never had a problem before. 

59 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

If by chance your in a balcony she could wrap in plastic and keep in the corner outside.  happy cruising

If she has a balcony, she could put the bag between the balcony wall and the sofa, or the balcony and the bed.  There is space there.  (Currently on Symphony, which has the same cabins as Harmony.  I suspect that OV cabins may have the same possibility)

29 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI closets are not that small that such a suitcase wouldn't fit.

29 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI closets are not that small that such a suitcase wouldn't fit.

I haven’t seen it, but a hard frame duffel that’s 14” lying flat sounds awfully bulky!

21 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

If she has a balcony, she could put the bag between the balcony wall and the sofa, or the balcony and the bed.  There is space there.  (Currently on Symphony, which has the same cabins as Harmony.  I suspect that OV cabins may have the same possibility)

I can’t remember if it’s a deluxe balcony or standard, but I think it’s the balcony size that makes the difference. 

Standing it up at the end of the sofa might work.

I think a nice 26” spinner would last her a long time and would squeeze under the bed.  

2 hours ago, MrsKC08 said:

Here's a thought, what if she just leaves it open and slides it under the bed? We have a huge suitcase (not hard sided) and we have done that without any problem at all.

You are a genius! Both Hubby and I have new hard side suitcases and I was wondering if they would fit under the bed, I would never have even thought to slide it under with it opened. So glad I read this post; Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, charmy98 said:

You are a genius! Both Hubby and I have new hard side suitcases and I was wondering if they would fit under the bed, I would never have even thought to slide it under with it opened. So glad I read this post; Thanks for the tip!

Most luggage will fit under beds unopened. Open luggage would collect “stuff” from beds as they are used. Face down is a potential but harder to move in and out. 

32 minutes ago, charmy98 said:

and you can slide it out and throw your dirty clothes in there we needed....😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrsKC08 said:

Here's a thought, what if she just leaves it open and slides it under the bed? We have a huge suitcase (not hard sided) and we have done that without any problem at all.

28 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

and you can slide it out and throw your dirty clothes in there we needed....😁

Unfortunately it’s a duffel bag. No way to make it smaller because of the hard frame. 

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Most luggage will fit under beds unopened. Open luggage would collect “stuff” from beds as they are used. Face down is a potential but harder to move in and out. 

Ours have never "collected" stuff when opened. So, I'm not sure what kind of stuff you think would fall into the luggage.