Cruise Critic Community
MNelson486

Credit Card question after Check In

Hello!

I am cruising in a couple of weeks and just realized that my credit card that I used for check in has expired.  Can I just wait to give them a new credit card when I check in or should I call Carnival and handle this in advance?

I am not quite sure how I did not notice that this was going to happen.  OOPS!

Thanks!

Missy

I am sorry to be dense, but I do not see where I can do this online.

Since I have already checked in, there does not seem to be anyway to get back to the check in area

Advice?

Good thing you caught it now. When it happened to me I didn't think about the fact I had checked in months back. It wasn't caught until the last night around midnight when I ordered a drink at the alchemy and my S&S card was rejected over 25 cents tax. I had to go to guest services and give them my new card number. Well first I had to go up to my room to get the card out of my safe. Then I had to take it to guest services. Something I didn't want to deal with a 12am on debarkation day.

Edited by Saint Greg

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

Good thing you caught it now. When it happened to me I didn't think about the fact I had checked in months back. It wasn't caught until the last night around midnight when I ordered a drink at the alchemy and my S&S card was rejected over 25 cents tax. I had to go to guest services and give them my new card number. Well first I had to go up to my room to get the card out of my safe. Then I had to take it to guest services.

I assume this was a cruise out of New Orleans?  We have never cruised out of New Orleans but have heard from friends who have that you pay sales tax for a long time on embarkation day and when you are returning to the port on the last night. 

Just now, PhillyFan33579 said:

I assume this was a cruise out of New Orleans?  We have never cruised out of New Orleans but have heard from friends who have that you pay sales tax for a long time on embarkation day and when you are returning to the port on the last night. 

Yeah. Once you're on the Mississippi River.

We had something similar happen (compromised card was reissued).  There was a computer issue at the terminal so we were told to just wait until we boarded to switch cards.  We did have some OBC so it wasn't an issue.