Updates from the Queen Elizabeth as we head to Australia

Hi Guys

Last Sunday (3rd November 2019), we got back on the Queen Elizabeth after a two day brake from the ship after we did the Canary Islands cruise.

Over the next 49 days I will attempt to post a few update and photos from our cruise. This will be internet access permitting 🙂

I am also posting photos to Instagram and Twitter, I am not to sure if I can add those links here, but I will check and post the links at a latter time 😊

• Like 2

Hello from a rocking and rolling Queen Elisabeth!
Since we left Southampton on Sunday we have had a force 9 gale! With 7 – 8 meter seas
We had 40 knots of wind guesting to 50 knots of wind!
By the time I post this, we will be out of the Bay of Biscay!
When we went across the Bay of Biscay on the last cruise to the Canary Islands it was calm, so the Bay of Biscay have her teeth out this time!

PB047572.JPG

PB047573.JPG

PB047575.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Hello from a rocking and rolling Queen Elisabeth!
Since we left Southampton on Sunday we have had a force 9 gale! With 7 – 8 meter seas
We had 40 knots of wind guesting to 50 knots of wind!
By the time I post this, we will be out of the Bay of Biscay!
When we went across the Bay of Biscay on the last cruise to the Canary Islands it was calm, so the Bay of Biscay have her teeth out this time!

PB047572.JPG

PB047573.JPG

PB047575.JPG

Were many passengers sea sick?  This is where I learnt I can get sea sick, much to my surprise.

• Like 1

Very envious, we were on the QE in May for 10 nights to Alaska from Vancouver, lovely ship all round, particularly liked the Commodore club in the evening and on Sea days the Sauna which is free in the mens change rooms at the gym is maybe the best Sauna on any ship, floor to ceiling glass looking out to sea, looking at a Japan Cruise on her in September/October next year.

Been on 7 Cruises and would rate QE the best we have been on, also liked Sea Princess, so that would be runner up! Celebrity Solstice gets third.....

Majestic Princess in next up for us be interesting to see how she rates, although think it wont be on the same level as QE.

Enjoy the rest of the journey, hopefully calmer seas ahead!

12 hours ago, bazzaw said:

Don't know why cruiselines go to Japan - in Typhoon season!!!! 

Well i never knew that, thanks for the heads up! does beg the question as to why they have cruises if this is a very real risk? Quite a few cruise lines as well! Expect they can move out of the path of the typhoon but be pretty rough seas and missed ports all the same. 

3 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

Well i never knew that, thanks for the heads up! does beg the question as to why they have cruises if this is a very real risk? Quite a few cruise lines as well! Expect they can move out of the path of the typhoon but be pretty rough seas and missed ports all the same. 

Probably the same reason, cruiselines send their ships north in Australia, during our cyclone season.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hammer61 said:

Yes - we had friends doing back to back cruises there in Japan this year - got messed around by a giant typhoon. Caused them to miss a couple of ports. 

Hello from the Queen Elizabeth

On Friday 8th November 2019, we where in Tenerife, Spain!

We had four other cruise ships with us! (Artania, Europa 2, Marella Explorer, Ocean Majesty).

We had a good day we went up to Mount Teide on a ships tour.

We now have 8 sea days (yes! 8 days at sea!, this could be fun! haha!) on our way to Walvis Bay, Namibia.

20191108_083510-001.jpg

20191108_083515-001.jpg

20191108_083526-001.jpg

20191108_083542-001.jpg

20191108_083620-001.jpg

20191108_083630-001.jpg

20191108_105143-001.jpg

20191108_105211-001.jpg

20191108_153424-001.jpg

20191108_153427-001.jpg

• Like 1

Hello from the Queen Elizabeth
We are day 7 of 8 sea days to Walvis Bay, Namibia.
A couple of things I forget to mention in my other posts:
When we left Southampton we had a Fireworks display that apparently Carnival UK put on for us and Queen Mary 2, I don’t know what for, I guess it might be because it was the day before Guy Fox night in the UK or it maybe because that was the last time Southampton sees the Queen Elizabeth for the next two years, It will be 2021 before Queen Elizabeth gets back to the UK. As the Queen Elizabeth will be spending the next two years in Alaska, Asia and Australia.
And also We are now Diamond members with Cunard :D, we got our black cards this cruise! Whooo!
So we are on the top level of the loyal programs for Princess and now Cunard :D
Also when we get to Cape Town, South Africa there will be 1,000 passengers staying on the ship for the next leg to Australia!
PS: If you don’t like heights, don’t look at the last photo! 

PB150458.JPG

PB150460.JPG

PB150467.JPG

PB150470.JPG

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Congrats on reaching Diamond, how many nights and/or cruises is that?

Congats Stu .☺️

Cunard World Club.

Silver - one voyage.
Gold - two voyages or 20 nights.
Platinum - seven voyages or 70 nights.
Diamond - fifteen voyages or 150 nights.