Updates from the Queen Elizabeth as we head to Australia

7 hours ago, lissie said:

But that's not an English breakfast! Where's the black pudding?  The hash browns are definitely an American import - not sure about the baked beans. Where's the kippers and  kedgeree! 

What,all on the same plate.

On 12/6/2019 at 11:54 AM, lissie said:

But that's not an English breakfast! Where's the black pudding?  The hash browns are definitely an American import - not sure about the baked beans. Where's the kippers and  kedgeree! 

Having had hundreds of full english brekkies the baked beans are in the English full brekkie, no black pudding or white pudding displayed though, should be, all smothered in HP Sauce.  The poms like their hash browns these days.  For kippers travel with the posh folk on Cunard. pie.jpg.ab502a35cc0d830d7e379a1b6dea8835.jpg

A potato pie is brekkie on the run, Aussie style, if you do not have time to devour ye olde full English.

Edited by NSWP

19 hours ago, brian1 said:

What,all on the same plate.

Why not young Brian, all smothered in maple syrup, like our American friends do.  We prefer ye old HP sauce or BBQ Sauce or Tomato Sauce, no Ketchup please.  Perhaps a Watties (NZ) Tomato sauce ice cream to follow.

Wattie-s-Tomato-Sauce-Ice-Cream_listingimage.jpg.579c421f9abaa7f921b3745e25126fa7.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 8:48 PM, lissie said:

@Kiwi_cruiser - someone posted on FB that they go a letter on board saying that  the dress code is relaxing while QE is in Australian waters and men no longer need a  jacket on smart attire night - can you confirm?  

Correct, here is the letter we got: (This letter I also posted to FB)

PC045879.JPG

12 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Correct, here is the letter we got: (This letter I also posted to FB)

PC045879.JPG

And the die hard Cunarders are fretting, I cannot believe the posts I am reading from them re this on CC and FaceAche, they have really lost the plot, some of them.

33 minutes ago, NSWP said:

And the die hard Cunarders are fretting, I cannot believe the posts I am reading from them re this on CC and FaceAche, they have really lost the plot, some of them.

I can.

Back in the 80s I worked as a legal secretary in a large firm of barristers and solicitors in London.  I was continually asked by fellow legal secs which school did  I go to? ie which high school not which uni. What did my father do. The answers confused them and they backed off. I tempted over Xmas and ended up working for barristers  who were all ex  Eton, Cambridge etc (to become a solicitor there you need money and connections) - some were "sirs" and no one of them was anything but absolutely charming and pleasant to an antipodean. Not one of them cared what school  I went to and what my father did. The upper classes are secure in their position at the top of the tree and they can be nice to everyone. The aspiring middle classes are desperate to put others in their place so they can climb higher. Dress code is a way to do that.  From what I've seen all the commentators on FB and elsewhere have firmly put themselves in the middle or lower classes - because they must prove they are better than others by what they wear. 

I was born in the UK  left when I was 7 - but after that experience  I always identify as NZ  when asked -because the whole class system is just bizarre to me. 

The Americans who also seem to think it matters what you wear are even weirder LOL 

1 hour ago, lissie said:

I can.

Back in the 80s I worked as a legal secretary in a large firm of barristers and solicitors in London.  I was continually asked by fellow legal secs which school did  I go to? ie which high school not which uni. What did my father do. The answers confused them and they backed off. I tempted over Xmas and ended up working for barristers  who were all ex  Eton, Cambridge etc (to become a solicitor there you need money and connections) - some were "sirs" and no one of them was anything but absolutely charming and pleasant to an antipodean. Not one of them cared what school  I went to and what my father did. The upper classes are secure in their position at the top of the tree and they can be nice to everyone. The aspiring middle classes are desperate to put others in their place so they can climb higher. Dress code is a way to do that.  From what I've seen all the commentators on FB and elsewhere have firmly put themselves in the middle or lower classes - because they must prove they are better than others by what they wear. 

I was born in the UK  left when I was 7 - but after that experience  I always identify as NZ  when asked -because the whole class system is just bizarre to me. 

The Americans who also seem to think it matters what you wear are even weirder LOL 

Pure Gold Lissie, I can relate to all that snobbery from some.  My background is UK and since retirement in 2003, I have travelled a lot with Brits and Americans and Aussies and Kiwis and a few other nationalities.   I agree with you the British class system is bizzare to say the least.  I have met many nice Brits on Cunard and P&O UK ships, but a few snobs too and I have no time for the latter pretenders.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:37 AM, NSWP said:

Having had hundreds of full english brekkies the baked beans are in the English full brekkie, no black pudding or white pudding displayed though, should be, all smothered in HP Sauce.  The poms like their hash browns these days.  For kippers travel with the posh folk on Cunard. pie.jpg.ab502a35cc0d830d7e379a1b6dea8835.jpg

A potato pie is brekkie on the run, Aussie style, if you do not have time to devour ye olde full English.

Not keen on hash browns,in a café I trade them in for an extra egg,lol.Now bubble and squeak is another thing,lovely jubbly.

Something I have not experienced before. 

In Esperance we have been berthed in the commercial harbour. For some reason we have had to tender from the ship to a shoreside jetty. Not allowed to travel through the port. 

Are just pulling away, but will have to sit in the water while the wharf side tenders are brought aboard. 

EDIT:  looking at the wharf after we pulled clear, absolutely nowhere for passengers, let alone buses, to go.

Edited by Docker123
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Adelaide today

3DCF6B91-8A70-483F-9993-79BDF25267C2.thumb.jpeg.f030253ef01f80cc0f64636dcd4dc1a4.jpeg

we see ships come in and out from our balcony at Henley Beach. Saw it this morning. What time do you depart?  A nice pleasant day for you today. Great for sightseeing. 

On 12/8/2019 at 6:18 PM, brian1 said:

Not keen on hash browns,in a café I trade them in for an extra egg,lol.Now bubble and squeak is another thing,lovely jubbly.

Ah, good Essex grub is bubble and squeak, no Cunard snobbery with you Brian, me old china plate.    I trust you like the baked beans though, I live on 'em, keep you regular. (did you know Shane Warne has a  baked bean addiction?')  

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Hello from Queen Elizabeth.

Here are us in Esperance, West Australia.

This was our and Queen Elizabeth first time to this port 😊
The interesting bit of this port of call is that we are docked but as the dock has hardly any deck (as you can see from the photos) we have to tender to get ashore!!

20191209_100319.jpg

20191209_100324.jpg

20191209_100338.jpg

20191209_100343.jpg

20191209_100509.jpg

20191209_100518.jpg

20191209_100556.jpg

20191209_133455.jpg

• Like 1