Kids Club on Oasis

wwjd1947

We are going on a family cruise with 4 children, ages 4-7.  I am not familiar with the ins and outs of the kids club.  Do we register the kids when we get on the ship for the week or do we have to go thru the process every time we want to leave them.  Do they have a "maximum" number each level can accommodate?  Does that fluctuate?  I could use some advise from parents who have had experience with the kids club on Oasis.  Thanks a bunch!

We were on allure, so it should be very similar. We registered them the first full day. They also had registration the first night, but we missed it. You do check them in each time you drop them off, but it's not the full registration like the first time. There are maximums at each level. About 50 kids.  It seemed to be based on staff (more staff in the 3-5 room, but the maintained lower ratios), so I don't know if they staff up during busier times. 

You register once and check them in and out.  There are ratios of 15:1 for 3-5 and 25:1 I believe from 6-12.  We never hit the maximum on our Oasis sailing,  however on smaller ships we have hit the maximum.

Keep in mind the Oasis is undergoing dry dock and from my understanding they are revamping the kids program into something more like Disney’s program.  This may be a good or bad thing for your kids,  but the bottom line is they are gonna lump the 6-12 in one huge space now and the 3-5 will have a separate space rather than have smaller groups.  We have found we like the smaller groups better for our kids,  but yours may enjoy having all the ages in one area for the 6-12.  That happened on sailings with low kids numbers anyway.

We did Oasis with DS, who was 3 at the time. We only took him a couple of times, just because he was still new to kids’ programming like that (he had just started preschool, and the only other experience he had with something similar was church on Sunday mornings). The staff was really nice, though! The check-in and registration processes seemed very organized (we took him the first day for registration...just check the cruise compass for when it’s open). He got a special Adventure Ocean lanyard, as well as a wristband for muster info.

We are returning to the Oasis in March, and DS is now a kindergartner...with the refurbed Adventure Ocean, and his familiarity with areas like that, I have a feeling he’s going to love it. I can report back, if your cruise is after ours!