HELP! STRESS FRACTURE...LEAVING IN 18 DAYS FOR MY CRUISE!

principessalia

Just found out I have a stress fracture & need to wear a "boot" for 6 weeks...my cruise leaves in 18 days.

Wondering if there is special boarding for "disabled" passengers?

How easy/hard is it to get around the ship...Meraviglia.

I'm considering buying a knee scooter, so I don't have to put so much pressure on my leg/foot.

Has anyone used one of these on board or on land?!?

Thanks for any advise...

Edited by principessalia
change word

Sorry your fracture seems so bad.

I had a stress fracture to a bone on the top of my foot 4 weeks before our cruise earlier this year. 

I had to wear the most horrible boot that went almost up to my knee. It was heavy and made bending my ankle impossible.

I never would have been able to handle the cross country flight.

I got a boot off amazon that only covered my foot. It was very sturdy and allowed me to get around the ship quite easily.

On 11/7/2019 at 7:18 AM, Shippy said:

Sorry your fracture seems so bad.

I had a stress fracture to a bone on the top of my foot 4 weeks before our cruise earlier this year. 

I had to wear the most horrible boot that went almost up to my knee. It was heavy and made bending my ankle impossible.

I never would have been able to handle the cross country flight.

I got a boot off amazon that only covered my foot. It was very sturdy and allowed me to get around the ship quite easily.

My stress fracture is also on the top of my foot.  I've been walking around in pain for over 2 weeks & decided I better see the podiatrist.  They gave me the small "shoe" boot, but I found a Knee Scooter on Craiglist for $70.  I can tell you the difference from yesterday to today is unbelievable using the scooter 😂

Yes, I have seen someone use a knee scooter on another cruise line. It seemed very convenient and I certainly would not hesitate to rent one if I were you. I would, however, get assistance from MSC not only to  board and for debarkation but also for the muster drill. You will not risk getting bumped into as much and won't have to wait for the elevator which can be crowded after the drill is over.  

Edited by Fighterone
  • Thanks 1