Milk question

WardAndJune4Ever

We’re taking my 15 month old on our cruise in two weeks. He only drinks water and whole milk. I’m definitely not a milk drinker, so I’ve never paid attention before.... can I get whole milk, not low-fat or skim, all day for my baby? Or do I have to bring my own? Thanks for helping this frazzled mama prep for our adventure!

I agree with GranysT that all I've ever seen is 2% and Chocolate.   As far as bringing your own, I'm not sure if you could.  And if they would allow it, where would you store it.  I don't think that those mini fridges would keep milk for very long.

Hi

I think the fridges are cold enough to keep milk, but some might not be working up to standard. It is recommended that milk be stored at less than 40F.

To be safe just call the "special needs" department to see if they can provide you with the milk, and if not verify what you are allowed to bring on board and how best to keep it fresh.

have a great cruise

p.s. I forgot... some cabins don't have a fridge at all. Call them.

Edited by Nic6318

Thanks for the answers! I’ll call Carnival to ask, I guess. And ask if I can bring my own boxes, not cans, if they don’t have what we need.

The shelf stable isn’t quite the same, but he’d drink that over 2%, I’m sure. Thank goodness they make those little shelf stable boxes! No refrigerator needed!

42C67961-4987-4FAA-BDB4-75615A632D3F.jpeg

4 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Whole milk is available. At the buffet you might have to ask. In the MDR you might have to ask. When a milkshake is made they use a gallon jug of (Bordens Whole Milk). If you don't see whole milk, simply ask for it.

🥛      🥛

I do simply ask.  I don't always get it.

13 hours ago, WardAndJune4Ever said:

We’re taking my 15 month old on our cruise in two weeks. He only drinks water and whole milk. I’m definitely not a milk drinker, so I’ve never paid attention before.... can I get whole milk, not low-fat or skim, all day for my baby? Or do I have to bring my own? Thanks for helping this frazzled mama prep for our adventure!

Yes they do. Just ask for it. Bordens if I recall. Wife has it in her oatmeal in the AM. The also have 2%

3 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Whole milk is available. At the buffet you might have to ask. In the MDR you might have to ask. When a milkshake is made they use a gallon jug of (Bordens Whole Milk). If you don't see whole milk, simply ask for it.

🥛      🥛

In that case, just go to the area they sell the milkshakes. Is that the coffee bar? 

I appreciate the helpful replies.

I exclusively nursed/pumped until my son was 13 months. Now, at the recommendation of his pediatrician he drinks only whole milk (in the recommended number of ounces per day, as it does contain more fat) and water. He drinks no juice, as it’s too sugary (also at the recommendation of his doctor). 

I simply asked if I could find whole milk on board the ship to meet my son’s needs. Thanks to those who actually answered my question.

• Like 3

Just a reminder, don't forget to pack the sippy cup (or two or three) to put the milk in.

Ask on board. There should be no problem obtaining a glass of milk in the buffet or dining room.  If you have fixed dining with the same waitstaff every night, your table will be waiting after the first night for you  with a high chair and glass of milk on the table.

• Like 1

We are just off the Victory yesterday.  Whole milk was not available, only 2%.  I asked because I drink milk at night before bed.

Also, do not count on storing milk in the room fridge.  The one we had did not cool well enough for milk.  

You mileage may vary.