Price drops - what can we do ?

14 hours ago, nfcu said:

With a cruise,  you make a deposit, you take the cruise in the future, so you have not used it yet - the cruise line still has it, you do not. Transaction is not complete.  That is why they should give you the new price if you request it.

12 hours ago, blacksmith said:

Good point. And I agree with you.

.......... and the point of this thread is that this is not the case for bookings made with Regent by their UK customers (unless they book on board)

6 hours ago, flossie009 said:

.......... and the point of this thread is that this is not the case for bookings made with Regent by their UK customers (unless they book on board)

It’s absolutely the case. It’s just not the deal (contract) that’s been signed on to. “Legal” and “fair” are two entirely different positions. 

• 3 months later...

We have another significant price drop on our Baltic cruise sailing on 28th August.

last time we did get a reduced fare, although not quite as much as the price cut at the time, and it took quite a bit of negotiating.

we are not paid in full (not due to until May at the earliest) and we booked through a TA, not on board, and we are subject to UK T&C’s.

of course the marketplace has changed radically in recent weeks, and there is a real possibility that there will be no cruise at all. My query is how the Regent Reassurance policy might impact on us. If we were to now pay our original booking in full, and then cancel with the intention of immediately re-booking again at the reduced price, would we be able to use the FCC against the new booking? 

The cancellation process would not involve our flights and pre-cruise hotel because we booked these separately having taken the credit from Regent instead.

Our TA has confirmed this morning that these separate bookings would be unaffected, but, of course, if we cannot re-book the cruise, we do lose the price we paid for them (thankfully we were also told that if Regent cancel the cruise for reasons involving Govt. travel advice, then we are covered by the TA’s insurance on the non-cruise element as well).

it might be worth mentioning that the Covid 19 position may not be the only reason for price reductions on this cruise which still has, and always has had, full cabin availability on the website. I suspect price reductions were going to happen anyway.

Just one data point; I cancelled upcoming Explorer cruise.  Received credit to credit card  for taxes and fees with rest of fare designated as FCC.  Immediately was able to allocate this FCC to a 2021 Navigator cruise.  Therefore, from my experience (US) I would think you could cancel and then rebook and use the FCC as a payment on your new cruise.

From past experience with Regent, I would explain that (through your TA) to Regent and they have agreed to the lower price without jumping through the hoops.  The TA is the important person as what you are trying to do is save her effort; she has to go to bat for you.

Marc