Freedom: 1st Time Diamond drink benefits

Bobb1728

3 free drinks per D member loaded on your seapass card that can be used during happy hour at most bars and restaurants on the ship.

unlimited free drinks in the D lounge during happy hour.

happy hour runs for 3 1/2 hours. Usually 5 - 8:30

limited drink menu

your 3 free drinks are based on the limited menu served in the lounge. 

We are also sailing on the Freedom.  Our cruise is in Dec.  Anyone know whether or not we should expect the DL to be busy?  This is the first cruise we have taken in a while that is not a TA or TP and it would be nice to have the Lounge a little less crowded.

6 hours ago, Bee Guy said:

We are also sailing on the Freedom.  Our cruise is in Dec.  Anyone know whether or not we should expect the DL to be busy?  This is the first cruise we have taken in a while that is not a TA or TP and it would be nice to have the Lounge a little less crowded.

We are currently on the Freedom now...during the turnaround day (our b2b) and before new passengers were allowed to board, it was announced that there are 9 Pinnacles, 182 Diamond Plus, and only 54 Diamonds will be onboard.

Difficult to answer your question because we don't show up in the D lounge until around 7:30pm (we have late dining), and we've never had a problem finding seats.  (Note: We did, however, heared that there were numerous children in the D lounge early in the Happy Hour.) Happy Sailing!

3 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

We are currently on the Freedom now...during the turnaround day (our b2b) and before new passengers were allowed to board, it was announced that there are 9 Pinnacles, 182 Diamond Plus, and only 54 Diamonds will be onboard.

Difficult to answer your question because we don't show up in the D lounge until around 7:30pm (we have late dining), and we've never had a problem finding seats.  (Note: We did, however, heared that there were numerous children in the D lounge early in the Happy Hour.) Happy Sailing!

I can’t tell from your post, but is there a problem with children being in the lounge?  

Children are allowed in the diamond lounge, concierge lounge, and suite lounge. Of course children of a certain age must be accompanied by an adult.  Doesn’t really matter that it’s “happy hour“ as there is drinking everywhere around children all day and all night on the ship.  

m

• Like 1

7 hours ago, davekathy said:

Along with what others have mentioned here the  C&A HH drink menu.

image.png.b044d881eb25f1734fa5c644dd742517.png

Yes, and they also do some mixed drinks.. if possible and you ask nicely 🙂

10 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I can’t tell from your post, but is there a problem with children being in the lounge?  

Children are allowed in the diamond lounge, concierge lounge, and suite lounge. Of course children of a certain age must be accompanied by an adult.  Doesn’t really matter that it’s “happy hour“ as there is drinking everywhere around children all day and all night on the ship.  

m

The only issue is one of being considerate.  If seats are occupied by children, they can't be used by adult members that would appreciate the use of the lounge.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The problem is a DL filled and no available seating.  Then you see kids sitting around bored to death waiting for the adults to make sure they get their full share of free cocktails. DL or overflow should not be used as a temporary babysitting area. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

m

I read it as he’s waiting for the exterminator to arrive and clear the area of the vermin. 

Imagine people having the audacity to bring children into the most sacred place of the privileged 🤭😏

Edited by Billy Baltic
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, amybk27 said:

could you get a mojito?

Sometimes, they are pre mixed and pretty crapy from the DL. I have gotten a decent one from the Schooner bartender, but not from the Schooner waiters. Got a Mojito from Bolero's on Symphony but not on Independence.  Martinis, Lemon Drops and Cosmos are pretty good from the Dl. Last cruise it seemed Chocolate Martinis were the go to DL drink.  One of the couples we sat with ordered so many glasses of Champagne that the waiter left a full bottle on the table.  

39 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

I read it as he’s waiting for the exterminator to arrive and clear the area of the vermin. 

Imagine people having the audacity to bring children into the most sacred place of the privileged 🤭😏

Billy it really has nothing to do with it being a place for the privileged.  The DL is held a small area with very limited seating.  It used to resemble a nice quiet place for adults  to have an evening cocktail and talk with friends, but no more.

Sometimes it becomes a place where parents bring their darlings in and literally turn them loose as they enjoy their own cocktails.  I admit it doesn’t happen every evening but on my past three cruises I have witnessed kids who were allowed to play chase in and out and around all the chairs......a child who was allowed to do cartwheels while her family cheered her on and the poor waiters had to dodge her with trays.....and my personal favorite was the two kids throwing food at each other.  

Now mind you these incidents, while not every evening were always in the presence of their parents who ignored them and did nothing!!!  

So forgive me but I will remain in the corner of “no kids in the DL”.  We adults are not allowed to go camp out in the kids club and reek havoc so why can’t adults have ONE place where they can enjoying their evening for a few hours in peace.

Sorry but that is my personal preference and not meant to offend anyone..

• Like 7

18 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Billy it really has nothing to do with it being a place for the privileged.  The DL is held a small area with very limited seating.  It used to resemble a nice quiet place for adults  to have an evening cocktail and talk with friends, but no more.

Sometimes it becomes a place where parents bring their darlings in and literally turn them loose as they enjoy their own cocktails.  I admit it doesn’t happen every evening but on my past three cruises I have witnessed kids who were allowed to play chase in and out and around all the chairs......a child who was allowed to do cartwheels while her family cheered her on and the poor waiters had to dodge her with trays.....and my personal favorite was the two kids throwing food at each other.  

Now mind you these incidents, while not every evening were always in the presence of their parents who ignored them and did nothing!!!  

So forgive me but I will remain in the corner of “no kids in the DL”.  We adults are not allowed to go camp out in the kids club and reek havoc so why can’t adults have ONE place where they can enjoying their evening for a few hours in peace.

I agree with you on the correct behaviour of children in all situations. Similarly, there is a correct way for adults to behave, which isn’t always demonstrated on cruise ships (or other aspects of life). 

However, as someone pointed out earlier in this thread, children are permitted in the DL. It’s clear from this thread and others on CC that some people resent that children would take up a seat. That’s what I consider the privileged mentality.  

The solarium is intended as an adult space. I think it’s large enough for people who want to avoid small people. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

but these kids are diamonds, they should be allowed in

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

I agree with you on the correct behaviour of children in all situations. Similarly, there is a correct way for adults to behave, which isn’t always demonstrated on cruise ships (or other aspects of life). 

However, as someone pointed out earlier in this thread, children are permitted in the DL. It’s clear from this thread and others on CC that some people resent that children would take up a seat. That’s what I consider the privileged mentality.  

The solarium is intended as an adult space. I think it’s large enough for people who want to avoid small people. 

I like your thinking! 
m

On 11/7/2019 at 4:13 PM, GTO-Girl said:

GTO-Girl...thank you for your post.

We are simply posting what we heard.  Children in the Diamond Lounge are opening cabinets with food and drinks inside...in full view of their parents who are not stopping them.  Bella, DL concierge, did not stop the children either.

We love children.  Children who are Diamonds should be allowed in the Diamond Lounge.

cruisegirl1...I hope that answers your question.

Billy Baltic...why the need to attack?  Hope we cross paths someday....Happy Sailing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

We are simply posting what we heard.  Children in the Diamond Lounge are opening cabinets with food and drinks inside...in full view of their parents who are not stopping them.  Bella, DL concierge, did not stop the children either.

We love children.  Children who are Diamonds should be allowed in the Diamond Lounge.

Billy Baltic...why the need to attack?  Hope we cross paths someday....Happy Sailing.

I’m not attacking anyone. I’m just highlighting where one set of diamonds (adults) believe they are more entitled to seats in the DL than another group of diamonds (children). 

I do hope we cross paths so I can introduce you to my three children,  sitting in the DL being well behaved and mannerly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IMO misbehaving children on ships should be dealt with by their parents, of course & not only in bars.  But in my 26 or so sailings (mostly as a couple & mostly on Celebrity and Royal) there have only been a few — and some misbehaving adults as well.

I asked Royal if children were allowed in the Diamond lounge — they said yes they are. I wouldn’t allow them to open cabinets, run around, etc.  And I would really prefer to relax with my one wine or ginger ale in a non-crowded space in the dining room or another bar with or without in this case my 2 granddaughters.  There are bars & drinking all over the ship and there are kids all over the ship.  If the passengers want to avoid kids when they are drinking, cruise ships are the wrong place to try to control the environment.

Happy sailing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

I don't think that is a kid problem, sounds more like a parent problem