MASS ON HAL

Himself

On 11/19/2019 at 1:07 PM, avian777 said:

Thank you for your Posts.  I am one of those people who cruises EXCLUSIVELY with HAL because of the Cruise Ship Priest Program ... but have not replied to your suggestion of 2 Masses each day because, as an "old-fashioned Catholic", I thought that priests are allowed to say only one Mass a day, except on special holidays when they are permitted to say 2 or 3 (on Christmas) or in emergencies.  If Canon Law on this topic has changed (and I'm sure Himself can comment on that issue), I apologize for taking your time to read this Post.

My faculties from the Diocese of Joliet-in-Illinois allow me to binate during the week and tri-nate on Sundays and Holy Days of obligation. I presume this is standard. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 8:52 PM, DoggyDaddy said:

I think it depends on the order, but I thought that Priests get a salary. I know of two priests who bought a retirement home when they retired. Other Orders require a pledge of poverty. 

DD

Religious Order Nuns and Priests, etc take vows of poverty.  Parish priests receive a monthly stipend and can use it as they see fit - they do not take vows of poverty.  They have to put away for their own retirement, savings, etc.  I know this because I have good priest friends and was looking into religious life for many years when I was younger.