CABIN 5003 on Niew Statendam

Niagarawine

Where were you located previously?  You do realize that you're at the very front of the ship, right?  You may feel a lot of motion.  Make certain you have seasick medication, such as Bonine.  Take it before you need it because once you feel nauseated, it's too late.  We take our first dose at lunch on embarkation day.  One dose is good for 24-hours.

Another drawback, at least IMO, is the long walk to the elevators or to anywhere else, for that matter.  If you're happy with this cabin, don't worry about it.  If not, try to move back closer to amid ship.  Also, be aware that the balconies on Deck 4 are wider than on the other decks because it juts out by some 2 feet or so.  That equals larger balconies if this is important to you.

Most important thing is that your family is on the ship.  DH and I loved those cruises with our son who sometimes shared the cabin with us and other times (when he felt more flush financially) booked his own cabin.  Either way, now that my husband has died, those cruises were some of the most special times we shared as a family.  Now DS and I cruise together in the same cabin and, for the most part, enjoy each other's company without feeling tied to each other.  Have a marvelous cruise.

Thank you very much. This is the first time in a while that I am able to take my son on a cruise, has been quite ill so it will be special no matter which cabin but I had to take what was left in a triple cabin , cruise is December 1. I know I gave up the larger balcony but they told me this is all that is left. I have sailed at the very front on the Millenium and quite enjoyed it. It’s always an adventure when my son travels with us. 😎

We were in this handicapped cabin when the ship made its first transatlantic to Ft Lauderdale.  It is a wonderful cabin with a large deck and a forward window.  Being at the front allows one to see more wildlife in the sea. We never had seasick issues perhaps because it is a very large ship.  If it is too far from the elevators just stroll a little early and enjoy the artwork in the hallways.  I'm jealous.