Galveston Port Parking

Kenster

I have been using EZCruise for several years.  There is a new indoor parking company but I don't remember the name.  There are several others around too.  There is also the port parking which is good also.  All have websites where you can prepay for a discount.  Try the gulf coast departures forum.  lots of threads and recommendations already there.  

Yup. The Gulf Coast Departures will give you more info than you ever wanted to know, but chocked full of good info:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/316-gulf-coast-departures/

Back in May we used Port of Galveston parking lots. 5 days and we paid $55.00. Shuttle to the terminal and back. Shuttle runs every 5 minutes or so.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, TxShipShape said:

I have been using EZCruise for several years.  There is a new indoor parking company but I don't remember the name.  There are several others around too.  There is also the port parking which is good also.  All have websites where you can prepay for a discount.  Try the gulf coast departures forum.  lots of threads and recommendations already there.  

Falstaff Parking.

They have a website, it can be found with a search engine.

so far, they have pretty positive reviews.  That may be who we book with for our February cruise.  Last time we used Galveston Park-N-Cruise - right across the street from the cruise terminal.  Easy walk, average pricing.

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

I second the Falstaff. I’ve done EZ and Lighthouse. Falstaff is the best. Indoor parking cheaper than the “covered” parking at other places.

How were their shuttles?  Did they run constantly so the wait times were relatively short?

My wife is pushing me towards using them this time.

2 minutes ago, DryCreek said:

How were their shuttles?  Did they run constantly so the wait times were relatively short?

My wife is pushing me towards using them this time.

it was good. They pulled the shuttle up to my car to load my luggage. Their parking spot is right in front of the carnival terminal. Less than a 5 min wait after the cruise.

31 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

it was good. They pulled the shuttle up to my car to load my luggage. Their parking spot is right in front of the carnival terminal. Less than a 5 min wait after the cruise.

Looks like my mind is made up then.

Every review I've read for them so far has been positive.  And now your input has helped push me over to their direction.

The only reason I was still considering where we parked last time was purely due to convenience.  It was easy to pull up to Cruise Terminal 1, drop the wife and luggage, park and walk back over.  It was just across the street.  When we were disembarking after the five day cruise we hit a snag.  It was one of those rare Customs 100% check days.  It was after 11 before we were let off of the ship, and then only because they had to start boarding their oncoming passengers.  We waited in line for over two hours from that point.  It was absolutely miserable.  Once we made it to the other side we weren't patient enough to wait for any shuttle, or for me to go and get the Jeep and come pick up my wife.  Since our big duffels had rollers, we traipsed off across the parking lot to get on the road and find some lunch.

Disappointed with Falstaff after using them for last week's Dream cruise.   I wanted to try Falstaff after a bad experience with Lighthouse last year.   

Upon return, I saw a huge pile of something on the car's roof.  Thought it was massive bird droppings - instead found it to be a huge pile of large rusty metal flakes from the support girders above.  No significant damage but disturbing none the less.  Tell them no if they try to park you down that dark, dead end alley.

Next time back to EZCruise I guess.    

Edited by Host Kat
Thread moved to the correct forum.

33 minutes ago, Petroplex said:

I have used Galveston Park n Cruise the last three times. They are located across the street, and it is an easy walk for most folks. We actually pass Galveston VIP parking on the way, so it is a few feet closer. Do know that both of them are only open for Saturday and Sunday departures.

At GPnC and GVIP , what is parking pad elevation for both , and are they covered and parking costs at both for uncovered and covered ??

Edited by ssb

13 minutes ago, Ideb said:

Just wondering if you use a park and walk option and it turns out to be really foggy, what would happen? Is there police/crossing guards to help people get across Harborside Drive?

No , fog though should not prevent you from walking . 

Edited by ssb

52 minutes ago, ssb said:

No , fog though should not prevent you from walking . 

We have parked across the street twice and neither time was foggy.  However, the first time there was a policeman there stopping traffic and letting people cross Harborside drive. The last time there wasn't one and with no traffic light near the corner where you cross, it seemed a little risky. The traffic doesn't stop and there are four lanes of traffic. This has me concerned for our next cruise which is March. My family all want to park and walk but I'm afraid of doing this in March due to the chance of fog.

When we used Falstaff we were really happy with them.  As soon as we got there we got in the shuttle and they took us to the terminal and we were the only passengers.  When we disembarked, we were the only passengers then and they took us right away to the parking garage.  I was really surprised they did that but was glad they did.

Just now, mistshar said:

When we used Falstaff we were really happy with them.  As soon as we got there we got in the shuttle and they took us to the terminal and we were the only passengers.  When we disembarked, we were the only passengers then and they took us right away to the parking garage.  I was really surprised they did that but was glad they did.

I'm thinking that they are who we are going to use in February now.  It seems that most folks are really happy with their price and service!

On 11/8/2019 at 12:42 PM, ssb said:

At GPnC and GVIP , what is parking pad elevation for both , and are they covered and parking costs at both for uncovered and covered ??

Both of those are covered and fully indoor. The parking pad looks to me to be raised a foot or so over street level, although that is not a scientific observation. If there is a hurricane, your car will flood. If there is fairly heavy rainfall, it should be just fine in either of those locations.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm the new Mobility Director at the Port of Galveston and the parking and transportation operation is going through some positive changes.

Give us a try and use this $5.00 OFF coupon for any of our facilities at portofgalveston.com 

Use Code: VIP5OFFCC

I can be reached for any inquiries at jdeleon@portofgalveston.com

Regards,

Julio D.

3 hours ago, JdeleonGW said:

Hello,

I'm the new Mobility Director at the Port of Galveston and the parking and transportation operation is going through some positive changes.

Give us a try and use this $5.00 OFF coupon for any of our facilities at portofgalveston.com 

Use Code: VIP5OFFCC

I can be reached for any inquiries at jdeleon@portofgalveston.com

Regards,

Julio D.

Julio what is parking pad elevation of POG lots A and B compared to other private lots near Harborside ? 

Just returned today.  Falstaff parking was terrific.  Easy in and out.  Shuttle buses always there.  The parking was in an enclosed building.  An old warehouse or something.  When we arrived today, The Falstaff Van was right there and we were soon on our way!  I highly recommend them.  Great Service.

A further note:  Get a porter to take  your bags from the arrival area to the shuttle van.  We were in the van within 15 minutes of stepping off the Vista today (4600 pax on board) and we were about the last group off the ship.  The arrival hall was packed and the line to exit customs was running about an hour but the line for "Porter Assist" took about five minutes. Definitely worth a big tip for the porter.

Getting Porter Assist along with the quick Falstaff shuttle put us at our vehicle in about 25 minutes after getting off the ship!