Night life on the cruise

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, it's a few years since we were on the dream, but there is always a late night disco. The pool parties great too. I depends what the girls like really. The Broadway's shows can be good and there is also another bar where they have game shows, not everyone cup of tea but a laugh. Marella cruises a great, I hope you all have a fabulous time. Sorry if this dosnt help much. Go and have fun. Happy cruising.

Edited by dorlor
Spelling mistake

Just to add there will be a 5 piece band in the Medusa lounge and a singer/duo/trio in WatersEdge In Tides there will be a duo but probably not to an 18 year olds taste

As has been said the Game Shows in the Medusa can be fun and the shows in the Broadway Lounge are very good

We're on 25th December after many sailings on her in the past and can't wait

Come on people, let’s be honest here, The average age on Marella cruises is 50 plus and personally I have no problem with that but would I recommend a cruise for my 25 year old daughter? Not a chance. She would be so bored. Trios and four peice bands playing repetitive 70s and 80s tunes  And cheesy quiz shows might be ok with us oldies but it would not cut it with her. Just look around you at the ages of your fellow passengers on your next cruise.  18 year olds, just let them go to Ibiza or Thailand and enjoy their own age profile, they will thank you later guaranteed.

• Like 1

Brummijam - agree with you in the most part but in the summer months there are definitely younger people travelling with their parents (albeit in the minority) and they all tend to get together and enjoy themselves

My niece and boyfriend joined her parents and us for their first cruise which was in the Caribbean but in case they didn't like it they only booked for a week - gosh were they upset when they had to leave us on board and have been hooked on cruising ever since

Generally there are more youngsters on Med cruises than the Caribbean ones

On 11/18/2019 at 12:53 AM, Brummijam said:

Come on people, let’s be honest here, The average age on Marella cruises is 50 plus and personally I have no problem with that but would I recommend a cruise for my 25 year old daughter? Not a chance. She would be so bored. Trios and four peice bands playing repetitive 70s and 80s tunes  And cheesy quiz shows might be ok with us oldies but it would not cut it with her. Just look around you at the ages of your fellow passengers on your next cruise.  18 year olds, just let them go to Ibiza or Thailand and enjoy their own age profile, they will thank you later guaranteed.

Totally agree Brumjam.  

There is seating for everyone on Dream due to two shows per night and there is a first floor tier as well as the main seating area If you want the first show you need to get there early It's amazed me how many people turn up with only five minutes to showtime expecting a good seat

Hi Vitalsign.

I think what daisy may was alluding to in her post was the shortage of seats overall on the ship. We found that when there was a show going on in the Broadway show lounge there were a few seats available in the other bars and lounges. As soon as the show finished you would have a couple of hundred people pouring out of the theatre  and all of them were looking for seats in the other venues and then just before the second show started seats in the venues would become available and be quickly snapped up by those guests who had been standing up unable to get a seat since coming out from the first show. A few evenings on our last trip on Dream we ended up in the Coffee port or the card room.

Part of the problem is the people who save seats for their friends, The way I see it is if the seats have been saved for more than say ten to fifteen minutes and are still not occupied whilst we are still looking for a seat we just park our bums in the saved seats. Sometimes not popular but hey ho.

Keep well.

Brummijam - ah if she was referring to seating everywhere and not just the theatre I can do nothing but agree with you. WatersEdge especially after coming out of the late theatre show is very difficult we've actually brought seats in from outside on a number of occasions Tides tends to have spare seating on the port side but you can't then see the duo This year I imagine it will be packed though as 2 Intense are playing there When the Acoustic Soul Brothers were in WatersEdge it was packed all the time and Medusa was half empty not sure who's in there this season

keep well yourself 😊

1 hour ago, Vitalsign said:

Brummijam - ah if she was referring to seating everywhere and not just the theatre I can do nothing but agree with you. WatersEdge especially after coming out of the late theatre show is very difficult we've actually brought seats in from outside on a number of occasions Tides tends to have spare seating on the port side but you can't then see the duo This year I imagine it will be packed though as 2 Intense are playing there When the Acoustic Soul Brothers were in WatersEdge it was packed all the time and Medusa was half empty not sure who's in there this season

keep well yourself 😊

Think 2Intense are on leave at the moment, back on Celebration later next year. Must agree about the seating but we try to get established for the evening and stay, I must admit however we did have, on occasion, seats saved for us by a same sex couple which was not asked for but appreciated as they were great company.