Are there EZAir cons or negatives?

styme123

3 hours ago, phred119s said:

Speaking of legal connections. Due to schedule changes, I’m now showing an 18 min layover in Atlanta. 🙄 I only noticed because I was going to price check while logged in. After I clicked modify flights the error message said my flights were unavailable due to schedule changes. Guess I’m calling tomorrow. 

Before you call check other possible options with that Airline. When there is a schedule change initiated by the airline they are usually very flexible and booking you on almost any other option. I prefer to know my options and ask them for my preferred option rather than rely on them to give me whatever options they prefer.

5 hours ago, frugaltravel said:

Before you call check other possible options with that Airline. When there is a schedule change initiated by the airline they are usually very flexible and booking you on almost any other option. I prefer to know my options and ask them for my preferred option rather than rely on them to give me whatever options they prefer.

There was a very significant schedule change (2 hours) a couple months ago. Neither would budge (EZAir or Delta), though Delta said EZAir should but they may tell me otherwise. But generally speaking, when dealing with the airline on fully ticketed reservations we’ve had no issues getting the flight of choice upon schedule changes. 

2 hours ago, phred119s said:

There was a very significant schedule change (2 hours) a couple months ago. Neither would budge (EZAir or Delta), though Delta said EZAir should but they may tell me otherwise. But generally speaking, when dealing with the airline on fully ticketed reservations we’ve had no issues getting the flight of choice upon schedule changes. 

If neither one would help you two months ago has this 18 minute connection been this way for two months? You really need to get it resolved quickly. That is one of the problems with EZ Air.

3 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

If neither one would help you two months ago has this 18 minute connection been this way for two months? You really need to get it resolved quickly. That is one of the problems with EZ Air.

No.  Delta is notorious for schedule changes.  My departing flight changed by 2 hours a couple months ago and trust me I was not happy about it.  Just within the past few days my return flight is now much like a previous poster mentioned.  An impossible connection time in Atlanta connecting to the last flight out to our home airport for the evening.  

1 hour ago, phred119s said:

No.  Delta is notorious for schedule changes.  My departing flight changed by 2 hours a couple months ago and trust me I was not happy about it.  Just within the past few days my return flight is now much like a previous poster mentioned.  An impossible connection time in Atlanta connecting to the last flight out to our home airport for the evening.  

if the ticket has already been issued you should be able to contact Delta directly. If the ticket has not been issued then you need to work with EZ Air.

37 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

if the ticket has already been issued you should be able to contact Delta directly. If the ticket has not been issued then you need to work with EZ Air.

I know. As usual, different person gets different results. Outgoing flights changed to something more reasonable, return flight no longer has us having an 18 min connection. 

My international flight, leaving, this coming Sept., changed planes.  This is a first/bus. flight with United, the flight actually with Lufthanza.  I got no notification from anyone that the plane type changed and that, therefore, my seats had changed.  But after booking, I regularly check all my flights with the airlines to make sure all is ok.  My seat choices had changed due to the plane change but were basically the same seats just in the new configuration.  So I still had assigned seats.  Then went into my Princess Planner and checked the flight particulars and they showed the change of planes and new seat numbers.  You just have to keep an eye on your reservations yourself and not rely on any emails from anyone!  Then if an irregularity shows up, you make that call to Princess!

Pooh

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phred119s said:

This I have read over and over about Delta.  Such, that when I am booking EZAir, I will not book with Delta even if I have to pay more to go with another carrier.  So far I, personally, have had good luck with United and Air Canada over several flights.  The AC lounge in Toronto has fantastic meals and free.  Will be trying Lufthanza, AA, and BA soon!

Pooh

5 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

This I have read over and over about Delta.  Such, that when I am booking EZAir, I will not book with Delta even if I have to pay more to go with another carrier.  So far I, personally, have had good luck with United and Air Canada over several flights.  The AC lounge in Toronto has fantastic meals and free.  Will be trying Lufthanza, AA, and BA soon!

I travel a LOT and I can tell you that major schedule changes are not just by Delta.  I have had big schedule changes with United, American, Alaska and some international airlines (ANA comes to mind, but others also).  And actually I often enjoy having schedule changes.  With a schedule change, I can optimize my itinerary for no charge whereas the initial itinerary might not have been ideal but was the least expensive or only option at the time of booking.  With a schedule change, the passenger has access to pretty much any reasonable request for rebooking.

The AC lounge in Toronto is not "free."  You need a business class ticket or a membership to access it.  Just making sure that others who read this realize that.

Edited by frugaltravel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, frugaltravel said:

I travel a LOT and I can tell you that major schedule changes are not just by Delta.  I have had big schedule changes with United, American, Alaska and some international airlines (ANA comes to mind, but others also).  And actually I often enjoy having schedule changes.  With a schedule change, I can optimize my itinerary for no charge whereas the initial itinerary might not have been ideal but was the least expensive or only option at the time of booking.  With a schedule change, the passenger has access to pretty much any reasonable request for rebooking.

The AC lounge in Toronto is not "free."  You need a business class ticket or a membership to access it.  Just making sure that others who read this realize that.

Sure they all have them but I swear Delta has the most!! We, too, travel a lot. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 4:41 AM, Ombud said:

Once you get your ticket # (which is different than the one that shows on Princess, call to get it) you can buy your seat from the Air Canada website or by calling them. I did. I only paid $25 more but wished I had paid $65 as that came with 1 bag free checked luggage + the front of the Montreal to SFO  nonstop flight

We did exactly this (paid $65 extra directly to Air Canada) when our tickets are issued, and got exit row seats with 1 free checked bag. It was so worth it!  Interestingly, our return flight on Alaska Air (JFK to SFO) was ticketed right away, but we ended up switching to AA, after the Alaska Air flight was changed.