Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
DebInAntigua

Semi-Live Silhouette review - Nov 8 2019 sailing

Recommended Posts

Do you know or can you find out if the Spa Cafe was open for lunch on embarkation day, please? On Equinox in Sept. , it was not. I was quite disappointed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little things seem a bit off this cruise. None of which are a big deal but together they add up to a slight annoyance at having to chase down what you need.

 

Couple of examples:

 

Sommelier at the Tuscan lunch too busy to get to our table for wine pairing request 

 

Having yet another GS employee tell me that we would only be getting one $50 casino credit and half the wine, when I was calling them back per the request of Ian in GS who had just confirmed the opposite. 
 

Having to ask 3 times for the Kind bars to be put in our minibar as they were missing. 
 

None of our disability requests being present in the cabin on day one. We had to get room steward to find the extension cord and other items that were listed on our res. 
 

Specialty dining reservations not being handled as promised. (We asked to have our last night res swapped for a different restaurant and our lunch res was not made at all - luckily it was not full when we arrived at Tuscan.)


In the middle of typing this our Day 3 room service breakfast arrived and it is missing items again (didn’t get everything yesterday either). 
 

First world problems, of course...just little tiny annoyances. Nothing like the everyday problems we deal with living in Guatemala! So it’s certainly not going to ruin our vacation but it does make flawless service stand out onboard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, helen haywood said:

There is an access way to the tree.  I think it’s one pane of the glass wall in the library...you can see it has hinges and swings open and a gangplank is placed horizontally to the tree.  The worker has on a safety harness.

 

So what's the worker doing with the tree if it's dead?

Edited by ipeeinthepool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize up front if someone has already asked this question. Deb, which terminal did you board from? If it was the Edge terminal 25 I think, did you notice if Suite guests went to the upstairs lounge by a different entrance? Did you submit a photo before the cruise? Did you pick up your Seapasses at your stateroom?

 

Trying to get an idea of how much of the new procedures will apply to a non-revolutionized ship. We sailed on Equinox this summer with the new boarding, and we are doing Reflection in a couple of weeks. We were asked for photos upfront, so I’m hoping at least some of the new boarding procedures will apply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

I apologize up front if someone has already asked this question. Deb, which terminal did you board from? If it was the Edge terminal 25 I think, did you notice if Suite guests went to the upstairs lounge by a different entrance? 

 

Port Everglades shows this Thursday's Reflection sailing out of Pier 29 (more basic than the new Pier 25 Edge uses with the upgraded suite class lounge). Your mileage may vary.

 

At one of the PEV terminals (not 25) Celebrity has used, last year there was a sort of roped off indoor “suite patio” with chairs, umbrellas, and little tables for a waiting area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Port Everglades shows this Thursday's Reflection sailing out of Pier 29

Where did you find this information?  I've looked on the Port Everglades website and in the cruise edocs and can't seem to nail it down.

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 

So what's the worker doing with the tree if it's dead?


I’m not currently on the Silhouette.  I have seen employees doing this on a few Solstice Class ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re on the same cruise as Deb and haven’t had any snafus but I have to say the Speciality restaurants have been crazy busy.  Night one was Lawn Club Grill.  When we arrived for our 8:30 reservation the only available table was in front of the pizza ovens, it sure was toasty and the service so so and that’s being kind.  Last night when we arrived for our 8:30 Murano’s reservation no tables were available and we were sent to Michael’s to wait.  Fortunately the wait was short and dinner and service were great.  My guess is the dinner packages are selling well.

 

Overall having a great cruise.  Our last 3 have been on the Edge so it’s been fun making comparisons and coming to some interesting conclusions.

 

Deb, I’ve been looking for you based on your CC avatar but no luck yet.  Katie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deb thanks for writing this! We are on the Silhouette Dec 13th sailing and it's starting to snow and get cold here in Chicago so I'm lurking on here and counting down the days. Enjoy your cruise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

 

Port Everglades shows this Thursday's Reflection sailing out of Pier 29 (more basic than the new Pier 25 Edge uses with the upgraded suite class lounge). Your mileage may vary.

 

At one of the PEV terminals (not 25) Celebrity has used, last year there was a sort of roped off indoor “suite patio” with chairs, umbrellas, and little tables for a waiting area.

 

The Port Everglades website shows Silhouette at Terminal 25 on Thursday [14 November], Edge at Terminal 25 on Friday [15 November], and Equinox at Terminal 25 on Saturday [16 November].

 

Unless something has changed that I can't otherwise detect, Reflection is not scheduled to arrive at Port Everglades following her Transatlantic until Monday, 18 November...  The Port Everglades website posts anticipated terminal assignments seven days in advance [ie; tomorrow for Reflection's arrival at/departure from Fort Lauderdale on 18 November]...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Oville said:

We’re on the same cruise as Deb and haven’t had any snafus but I have to say the Speciality restaurants have been crazy busy.  Night one was Lawn Club Grill.  When we arrived for our 8:30 reservation the only available table was in front of the pizza ovens, it sure was toasty and the service so so and that’s being kind.  Last night when we arrived for our 8:30 Murano’s reservation no tables were available and we were sent to Michael’s to wait.  Fortunately the wait was short and dinner and service were great.  My guess is the dinner packages are selling well.

 

Overall having a great cruise.  Our last 3 have been on the Edge so it’s been fun making comparisons and coming to some interesting conclusions.

 

Deb, I’ve been looking for you based on your CC avatar but no luck yet.  Katie

Hi Katie...Hope you are  enjoying the cruise  overall and your accomodations!

 

We never found things crowded on Silhouette...only Reflection the one time we tried it .

 

We will be saiing with Deb next week on EDGE. It .will be interesting to see her comparisons as well!  

 

We are packed and winding things down here ....the tropical sunshine will be nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oville said:

We’re on the same cruise as Deb and haven’t had any snafus but I have to say the Speciality restaurants have been crazy busy.  Night one was Lawn Club Grill.

Thank you for sharing this info.  I just e-mailed shore side concierge to see about a reservation for embarkation day.  Hoping they have reservations available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Thank you for sharing this info.  I just e-mailed shore side concierge to see about a reservation for embarkation day.  Hoping they have reservations available.

We had lunch yesterday at Sushi on 5 and it was so enjoyable we changed our final night reservation from LCG to S on 5.  Tonight it’s Luminae for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on this cruise, too, and my annoyance has been room service breakfast.  First day, 20 minutes late and arrived, cold, only after calling GS.  Gave up calling room service after being on hold 12 minutes.  Today it was hot and timely but neither day did they call in advance which is a first for me.  They said they have new folks and they'll call before delivering going forward.

 

CD Sue said there are 1600 first-time cruisers onboard. 

Edited by goofysmom99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the responses, we will know for sure I guess on the 18th, when the first cruise after the TA sails. It doesn’t make a whole lot of difference but we are sailing with some friends who haven’t been on Celebrity in a number of years and we’d like to be sure we are telling the true things, lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xport said:

 

The Port Everglades website shows Silhouette at Terminal 25 on Thursday [14 November], Edge at Terminal 25 on Friday [15 November], and Equinox at Terminal 25 on Saturday [16 November].

 

Unless something has changed that I can't otherwise detect, Reflection is not scheduled to arrive at Port Everglades following her Transatlantic until Monday, 18 November...  The Port Everglades website posts anticipated terminal assignments seven days in advance [ie; tomorrow for Reflection's arrival at/departure from Fort Lauderdale on 18 November]...

 

You are correct! - I meant to write Silhouette (not Reflection) for Thursday. Apologies for giving out wrong info.

 

Meanwhile, good news about Silhouette now sailing out of the new Pier 25 on Thursday the 14th. (When I checked, I think Friday, it was showing 29 and we were discussing the parking situation there.) Things change, sometimes for the better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Where did you find this information?  I've looked on the Port Everglades website and in the cruise edocs and can't seem to nail it down.

Thank you!

 

Wrong info, apologies! Here’s the link for arrival & departure info for Silhouette on Thursday, Pier 25, and other ships.

 

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

Edited by Caribbean Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Deb, for your great "semi-live" review.  Not sure if you or anyone else onboard will know this, but just curious since I think someone posted on this thread that Sue Denning is on the ship just recently as CD (I could be mixing up threads).  Does anyone know if she will be the CD on the first sailing post-revolution on Feb 14, 2020?  I have read on these boards that she is pretty fantastic, but have no idea if CD's work on three month or six month contracts or how they are scheduled.  TIA to anyone who may have an answer.  😊

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Thanks for the responses, we will know for sure I guess on the 18th, when the first cruise after the TA sails. It doesn’t make a whole lot of difference but we are sailing with some friends who haven’t been on Celebrity in a number of years and we’d like to be sure we are telling the true things, lol!

I could be wrong but I think the sailing they are in currently is the first since the TA.  Hopefully the kinks will get worked out quickly among the new crew who likely joined in FLL just a few days ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanging out waiting to enjoy Le Petit Chef tonight. Last night was a sea day and chic night, so fancier menu in the MDR. Fabulous service too from Justo and his team. 
 

Since this is our only chic night on a 6 night cruise I guess there won’t be a lobster night?

 

Had the chilled pear & honey soup, then the salmon tartare, and lamb with different sides than normal. The salmon tartare looked better than it tasted but otherwise dinner was wonderful. 
 

 

56810FF1-1212-468E-B452-A3AF5567C8A4.jpeg

CCE10311-3554-4F32-9084-3CD30A90A090.jpeg

E08D89C0-483C-4D15-BF27-6B9E6B70B8BD.jpeg

A066B025-D285-4AAD-B749-8B125D05DB95.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Reel Love said:

Sue Denning is on the ship just recently as CD (I could be mixing up threads).  Does anyone know if she will be the CD on the first sailing post-revolution on Feb 14, 2020? 

Sue Denning joined the ship on 8th Nov. Normally, she is on 4 month contracts, which would mean that she would be leaving at the beginning of Feb 2020.

BUT, I have no idea what will happen during the dry dock, so maybe someone on board can ask her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...