sky suite occupancy on Constellation, confused about why I can't have 3 ppl in a certain suite.

calicakes

We'll be in an accessible Sky suite on Connie in Dec 2020.  The suite is 357 sq feet.  I inquired with my TA about possibly adding a 3rd person to the suite and she said I can't, it only has an occupancy of 2ppl.  Yet, smaller sky suites allow 3 ppl.  Can someone explain this to me?  I've never sailed in a suite before, this will be our first time.  

1 minute ago, 1025cruise said:

The accessible suite is bigger to accommodate mobility devices. There is probably only berths for 2 people. Whereas a regular suite probably has an additional berth.

What do you mean by Berth?  The pics I saw showed the same sofa in both. 

Limitations on number of guests in many rooms are limited due to the maximum passenger loads of each ship.    When many of the ships were revolutionized they added quite a number of new rooms.   To keep under the Maximum occupancy they shifted many rooms both Suites and Regular Staterooms from 3 or 4 occupants to 2.  

There was a chart published earlier that showed the shift.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, calicakes said:

We'll be in an accessible Sky suite on Connie in Dec 2020.  The suite is 357 sq feet.  I inquired with my TA about possibly adding a 3rd person to the suite and she said I can't, it only has an occupancy of 2ppl.  Yet, smaller sky suites allow 3 ppl.  Can someone explain this to me?  I've never sailed in a suite before, this will be our first time.  

I would think there would be reluctance in an accessible room to have a sofa bed as it could present a tripping hazard to a mobility impaired guest.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Limitations on number of guests in many rooms are limited due to the maximum passenger loads of each ship.    When many of the ships were revolutionized they added quite a number of new rooms.   To keep under the Maximum occupancy they shifted many rooms both Suites and Regular Staterooms from 3 or 4 occupants to 2.  

There was a chart published earlier that showed the shift.

Thanks.  I think Connie is set to be revolutionized next year.  

A quick look at the deck plans. You want sky suite accessible 8127, 9123. They can hold 3 people. If they are not available. Then have your TA call Celebrity. Celebrity can reach out to the passengers that are in sky suites 8127 or 9123 to see if they will swap cabins. You might find out that the suite you want is held by a TA. Dec 2 has sky suite that hold 3, but not accessible. Dec 13 does have suite 8127 available. Dec 23 no suites left.

• Like 1

We're on Dec 23rd.  I was inquiring as to the cost, not sure if it would be 50% of our fare or our full fare.  We wanted to ask a friend who's husband was killed by a drunk driver on Xmas eve. (2016) The holidays are very difficult for her. 

As your on the Dec 23 cruise. Your option is to have your TA talk to Celebrity. Between now and after final payment you are going to have to keep on checking weekly or daily to see if either of the suites opens up.  Then call your TA and have them which suites, then you can add a 3rd.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 1:11 PM, calicakes said:

We're on Dec 23rd.  I was inquiring as to the cost, not sure if it would be 50% of our fare or our full fare.  We wanted to ask a friend who's husband was killed by a drunk driver on Xmas eve. (2016) The holidays are very difficult for her. 

While it is a lovely gesture to want to take her along, if I were in her shoes, being on a cruise and in the sofa bed of a couple’s cabin would not make the holidays any easier. To be honest, if I were her it would make it worse as it would be an uber-painful reminder of what I no longer had right there in my face every morning and night. Just something to ponder.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

While it is a lovely gesture to want to take her along, if I were in her shoes, being on a cruise and in the sofa bed of a couple’s cabin would not make the holidays any easier. To be honest, if I were her it would make it worse as it would be an uber-painful reminder of what I no longer had right there in my face every morning and night. Just something to ponder.

Hi

Thanks for your thoughts, however I discussed it with her and she was open to coming.  We're going to book a Europe cruise for 2021 and she'll be the 3rd person in our room.     Every single day without her husband is a reminder of what she doesn't have.  She can't afford a full cruise fare on her own, especially not a suite.  When I inquired about the cost of a 3rd person in a sky suite for 2021, it was 2k.    I think it might be a tad easier for her to be with us, since we're a same sex couple.  3 women sharing a room is much different than a single woman sharing a room with a husband/wife. 

• Like 1