Wear Your Best. Is this the "new formal" fleet wide

12 minutes ago, Sugar*Magnolia said:

Yes it has been written that way for years *suggested*, but this is very new. That is why I am asking now.

And March 2019 is that long ago either. Not that new. I've seen Cruise Compasses posted here on CC this year that have it published both ways. Difference is from ship to ship. It's only a suggestion. Nothing has changed. 

Edited by davekathy

Just now, davekathy said:

And March 2019 is that long ago either. Not that new. I've seen Cruise Compasses posted on here on CC this year that have it published both ways. Difference is from ship to ship. It's only a suggestion.  

Thank you for the suggestion, no pun intended. Maybe i can look for recent compass from like last month or 2.😊

4 minutes ago, Sugar*Magnolia said:

Oh wait. I'd have to look for a compass for each ship. My idea is not such a good one. Unless there is a thread with the compass from various ships. Maybe? Probably not.😊

Sounds like you're going to be very busy. Post your results. 😏

Edited by davekathy

One of the sites we are not supposed to mention here posted this update they received from Royal Caribbean.

September 13 Update: 

We have received further clarification on this change.  

• All short itineraries (5-nights or less) offer a “Wear Your Best” evening onboard (in lieu of a formal night).  Royal Caribbean describes it as: Nighttime’s the right time to wear your best look.  That means a step up from your tropical dinner wear, and includes collared shirts, dresses, skirts, blouses and pantsuits.  Jackets, tuxedos/formal wear sports coats and blazers are also appropriate. 
  • Sailings that are 6-nights or longer still have formal nights.  This includes Harmony of the Seas and all sister ships sailing 6+ night itineraries
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

One of the sites we are not supposed to mention here posted this update they received from Royal Caribbean.

September 13 Update: 

• All short itineraries (5-nights or less) offer a “Wear Your Best” evening onboard (in lieu of a formal night).  Royal Caribbean describes it as: Nighttime’s the right time to wear your best look.  That means a step up from your tropical dinner wear, and includes collared shirts, dresses, skirts, blouses and pantsuits.  Jackets, tuxedos/formal wear sports coats and blazers are also appropriate. 
  • Sailings that are 6-nights or longer still have formal nights.  This includes Harmony of the Seas and all sister ships sailing 6+ night itineraries

Thank you.

1 minute ago, mets123 said:

On the Anthem last month it was described as wear your best. It was a nine night cruise.

Yes. This is what I thought. Length of cruise does not matter any more. From scuttlebutt about it looks like Royal is trending to all ships "Wear Your Best". I am just curious to hear what ships people are seeing this on. So, TYVM!

2 minutes ago, lifes-a-beach said:

Or shorts and a wife beater.  And don’t forget the ball cap, worn backward at the table.  

Im gonna get my popcorn...

I am thinking daisy dukes and a cut off t shirt saying I'm on a cruise feed me alcohol. Will that work instead of a wife beater?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sugar*Magnolia said:

Has "Wear Your Best" been rolled out fleet wide to replace formal nights or just to some ships? 

No, some ships still have formal nights,  but as others have mentioned it makes little difference.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

No, some ships still have formal nights,  but as others have mentioned it makes little difference.

Yep! Pretty much know that it doesn't make a difference, but still just curious! 🙂

I forgot when I posted this that it could turn into one of those types of threads. There was no intention of it being a let's get the popcorn out thread, LMAO. Nothing more than simple curiosity. 

On 11/9/2019 at 4:02 PM, h20skibum said:

September 13 Update: 

I was just looking at a Compass from the Harmony from the September 8th sailing last night and the first formal night was listed as Dress your best and the 2nd formal night actually did say Formal dress.

Edited by Illbcruzn4life

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:00 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Does it really matter what they call it.  Nothing is ever enforced and it’s really “wear whatever you like”

Not entirely true in our experience. Very recently we have seen people turned away from the MDR on UK/European cruises and from Dubai you would not have got anywhere near the dining room with shorts etc.

Doesn't bother us, people can wear what they want as far as we are concerned and whilst appreciating this is predominantly an American cruise site with folks sailing from Florida it is worth pointing out that sailing from elsewhere can be different.

On the Allure in September , I specifically walked up to the door attendant in shorts and a shirt on and asked if it was a formal

night ( it was ) . He said we do not turn anyone away and invited me into the dining room. 

Pretty much anything goes now , maybe half of the dining room males were wearing jackets .

I didnt go in that night but attended the second formal night in my jacket and long pants .

I wont be bringing a jacket if I cruise again . 

Shirt and long pants for me . 

I agree with you. Wore a jacket for both formal nights on Liberty in Oct. Would say I was clearly in the minority.

Lots of shorts, t shirts, and very few coats, suits, almost no ties.

Told my wife no sports coat going forward.

Not sure why RC does not just remove formal nights.

Did enjoy the costumes on Halloween night. Plenty of passengers dressed up.