Qualifying for platinum status

lorri111

Just checking that platinum status applies from the boarding of the 6th cruise not after it. This is our 6th cruise and we had been previously advised on last cruise that we were now platinum at end of 5th cruise, and we are also listed as platinum on captain circle status info online. But I just noticed that the payment summary email we just got acknowledging our final payment, and also our travel summary online on the personaliser still list us as ruby. Is this because we would have been ruby at time we booked (some time ago, after 4 cruises). Just want to make sure we have platinum status from the start - re embarkation and internet minutes.

Edited by lorri111

1 hour ago, lorri111 said:

Just checking that platinum status applies from the boarding of the 6th cruise not after it. This is our 6th cruise and we had been previously advised on last cruise that we were now platinum at end of 5th cruise, and we are also listed as platinum on captain circle status info online. But I just noticed that the payment summary email we just got acknowledging our final payment, and also our travel summary online on the personaliser still list us as ruby. Is this because we would have been ruby at time we booked (some time ago, after 4 cruises). Just want to make sure we have platinum status from the start - re embarkation and internet minutes.

Yes - Platinum at embarkation for your sixth cruise.🙂 Maybe the personaliser is showing your current status - the status at the end of your last cruise, not the start of your next cruise. If you receive a ruby cruise card, not a platinum one, I suggest you go to see the Captain's Circle host/hostess on board. It will be sorted out immediately.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Yes - Platinum at embarkation for your sixth cruise.🙂 Maybe the personaliser is showing your current status - the status at the end of your last cruise, not the start of your next cruise. If you receive a ruby cruise card, not a platinum one, I suggest you go to see the Captain's Circle host/hostess on board. It will be sorted out immediately.

Thanks for that

2 hours ago, lorri111 said:

You probably booked this cruise before you completed your 5th cruise and were Ruby at that time.

When you move up in status, the new status may not get into the system for already booked cruises.

Just contact your TA (or Princess if you booked this cruise with them) and ask to have your status corrected for this booking.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, caribill said:

You probably booked this cruise before you completed your 5th cruise and were Ruby at that time.

When you move up in status, the new status may not get into the system for already booked cruises.

Just contact your TA (or Princess if you booked this cruise with them) and ask to have your status corrected for this booking.

If you have booked a cruise as a 14 night but it’s also sold as two 7 night sectors, do you still qualify for the new status on the second half of the cruise i.e. the last 7 nights? 

2 hours ago, caribill said:

Not what happened to us. We completed an Alaskan cruise in August which was our 5th and we had already booked our next cruise for late November. Our Personaliser is already showing Platinum. As you suggest, I'd give them a call.

Caribill is right.  The same thing happened to us on our first platinum cruise.  We booked the cruise while we were still ruby and that booking showed ruby status in the personalizer.  I called Princess and they straightened it out while I was on the phone.  It won't be a big problem.  (Congratulations!)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Caribill is right.  The same thing happened to us on our first platinum cruise.  We booked the cruise while we were still ruby and that booking showed ruby status in the personalizer.  I called Princess and they straightened it out while I was on the phone.  It won't be a big problem.  (Congratulations!)

Thanks!

• Like 1

we were never 'Ruby' status ..:classic_sad:.. but we were 'Medallion' status for 1 cruise on April 15th, 2013 ... the day Princess rolled out the new level between gold and platinum ... noone on staff had a clue about that level and those cards when we got them at check in and used them on board

4 minutes ago, Buffy56 said:

We will be taking our 5th cruise to Hawaii in a suite, which is considered two cruise credits.  Will we be eligible fo platinum status for this cruise ?

According to Captain's Circle FAQs: 

Q.  How can I reach the next tier faster?

A.  You can reach each tier by the number of completed cruises or days sailed, whichever comes first! You will earn an additional cruise credit for sailing as single occupancy or for booking and sailing in a full suite (excludes mini-suites, Club Class suites and paid upgrades to a full suite).

41 minutes ago, john_galt said:

Upon completion.

"From your 6th-15th cruise credit,or 51-150 cruise days"

john_gault is correct.  Because this is your fifth cruise but in a suite, when you have completed this cruise you will have credit for completing your sixth cruise (because of the double credit for the suite.)  Platinum starts after completing six cruises or to phrase it another way, you are platinum starting with your seventh cruise.

25 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Platinum starts after completing six cruises or to phrase it another way, you are platinum starting with your seventh cruise.

18 minutes ago, Buffy56 said:

Thank you

sorry, but no ... platinum starts ON cruise # 6 ... but if 5 & 6 are on the same cruise ( suite ) you will not have status until your next cruise ...

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

sorry, but no ... platinum starts ON cruise # 6 ... but if 5 & 6 are on the same cruise ( suite ) you will not have status until your next cruise ...

I stand by my previous statement.  One does not get credit for a cruise until completion of the cruise.  Platinum runs 6th through 15th cruise credit, not 6th through 15th cruise.  That would mean you move to the higher tier after earning the credit for completing the 6th cruise.

3 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I stand by my previous statement.  One does not get credit for a cruise until completion of the cruise.  Platinum runs 6th through 15th cruise credit, not 6th through 15th cruise.  That would mean you move to the higher tier after earning the credit for completing the 6th cruise.

in your statement ...

my first 5 cruises are in non-suite cabins and non-solo - so I have 5 cruises and 5 credits

what will be my status on my next cruise ??

23 minutes ago, voljeep said:

in your statement ...

my first 5 cruises are in non-suite cabins and non-solo - so I have 5 cruises and 5 credits

what will be my status on my next cruise ??

You would be ruby on your next cruise and on completion of that cruise you will then get credit for your 6th and you will become platinum.  You start getting platinum benefits on your next booking.

9 minutes ago, voljeep said:

well, we disagree... and I'm correct this time ... I would be platinum BEGINNING with that 6th cruise ...

voljeep is the winner. I have completed 5 cruises and my next on the Ruby Princess in 2 weeks is already showing as Platinum on my Personaliser.

Edited by leck57