Photo Book

Otter18

I have had an email from P&O stating "as a valued P&O Cruises guest, we would like to offer you a 26-page A4 Photobook by (……..deleted to avoid advertising) on us! (normally £36.99) - All you pay is £5.75 delivery" 

Has anyone else had this?, or taken up the offer? I have checked their website and the book is £36.99 if ordered online. Do they fill it with photos that you send them? or is it generic P&O photos? in which case I'm just paying for P&O advertising.

Brian

I have received the offer, I think it will just be the album, they could possibly put in a photo of one of the ships? I won't be taking it up as our photo's are kept digitally or in frames, however for anyone who keeps their photo's in an album it is a good offer.

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

I have received the offer, I think it will just be the album, they could possibly put in a photo of one of the ships? I won't be taking it up as our photo's are kept digitally or in frames, however for anyone who keeps their photo's in an album it is a good offer.

I don't think it is an album to slide photos into. The pages are printed photos. So it is unlikely to be a single photo of a ship. On the web site, you upload the photos and design the page yourself.

The question still remains, is it their photos or yours that get printed?

Brian

I've had the offer too which I thought sounded good as I make these photobooks after each cruise(I think you compile it on the computer and they print it for you)However when I pressed the 'Yes Please' button I discovered that the code needs to be used before 8 December which is no good for me.

I've had offers of photo books before and they have been good. You upload your photos to their  site and they print the book. Just be aware that you will be asked if you want different styles, covers, thicker paper, more pages,  etc and these incurr extra cost. I shall be hoping to use it as I am in the process of making a book to cover family history. I have made two out of three volumes so far. 

Go for a classic look that never fails with one of our best-sellers.

• A4: 29 x 22cm
  • Customise the cover and spine
  • Range of cover and background themes available
  • 26 pages included in starting price
  • Extra pages £0.99 each for A4, £1.50 for A3. Maximum number of pages per book: 160
  • Glossy finish; standard 170 gsm paper
  • Switch to thicker paper (230 gsm), high-gloss finish (on 204 gsm paper) or matte cover for a small fee
  • Include a gift box for a small cost
  • Use Photobox Easy Create™ to make designing your Photo Book even simpler

Give the people you love a book full of their favourite moments. From snowball fights with their friends to morning cuddles with the kids and great family dinners, they’ll get more teary-eyed – page after page.

About deliver

We take time to carefully print, make and wrap your items before delivery.

Here are our UK delivery prices.

My previous post was from their website, which I believe to be a genuine and good one. It's worth having, though as previously mentioned they take a bit of work to do. Don't think you can sort it in a few minutes. You have to sort and upload your own photos.

Sorry if the previous post ends up being a silly size, I had trouble copying and pasting on my Kindle.

Edited by emam
Text

15 hours ago, swaddy said:

I've had offers of photo books before and they have been good. You upload your photos to their  site and they print the book. Just be aware that you will be asked if you want different styles, covers, thicker paper, more pages,  etc and these incurr extra cost. I shall be hoping to use it as I am in the process of making a book to cover family history. I have made two out of three volumes so far

3 hours ago, Tablelamp said:

I have used photo book in the past although not through P and O.).  I should like to know if Photobook are going to charge for each photo you upload in which case it would not work out any cheaper. Can anybody throw any lights on this.

Christine

I've never known any companies that sell photobooks charge for indivdual photos.They charge for extra pages or perhaps a hard cover rather than soft and a gloss finish rather than a matt finish.I think Photobox are probably offering this promotion via P and O in the hope that you will use them again.Once you have produced one photobook you are likely to want to produce another! 🙂

6 hours ago, Tablelamp said:

I have used photo book in the past although not through P and O.).  I should like to know if Photobook are going to charge for each photo you upload in which case it would not work out any cheaper. Can anybody throw any lights on this.

Christine

I'm just waiting for my email to come through for the ordering process. I've decided to give it a go and registered. I have quite a few photos from a world cruise a couple of years ago, so I will pick through them.

For those who did receive the email, you only have 5 days to register your interest, and then complete the process by 8th December.

I will let you know how I get on.

Brian

Well I thought I'd give it a go. I've registered interest and now I guess we wait.

Tricky part at the moment is whittling it down to just 26 photos...

I have to admit, its been a great trip down memory lane looking at all the places I've been. Guess that's mission accomplished on P&Os part - makes me want to go on another cruise now! haha

8 minutes ago, Monorail Orange said:

Well I thought I'd give it a go. I've registered interest and now I guess we wait.

Tricky part at the moment is whittling it down to just 26 photos...

I have to admit, its been a great trip down memory lane looking at all the places I've been. Guess that's mission accomplished on P&Os part - makes me want to go on another cruise now! haha

You don't need to only choose 26 photos.You can decide the layout for instance one photo on one page 2 or 3 on the next and so on.You can usually add text as well.Each page can usually have between 1 and 6 photos.It takes a bit of planning to make a photobook but in my opinion well worth it.

• Like 1

I have used this company many times and it is very easy to use their app to design your Photobooks, and the results are fantastic. The only downside is that they do tend to bombard you with emails once you have used them once, although you can always unsubscribe.

You don't need to wait for the code to prepare your book. You can upload your photos and spend time arranging your book or auto create one.Then just hold it in your basket until the code comes through. I found the photos I want to add, then numbered them from 1 to 42 and I have just uploaded them into a temporary album and this is the steps that came up. It's taking a while for the book to be created, but I might have messed it up when copying it.

image.png.537e38daaca0d4c2e55fccfb0c69c2a7.png

*****************************************************************************************************************************

image.png.beb4613c85a84d65b5c6d2b2a61b62cc.png

*****************************************************************************************************************************

image.png.fd97df301168d19130aca6375fb35112.png

*******************************************************************************************************************************

image.png.e43baa99c1fc7ee5b36d805eaf927d06.png

• Like 1

So, I had messed it up by copying the process. I cancelled it and started again, it only took a few seconds. If you are going to name your photos as numbers, remember to add a 0 in front of the single numbers e.g. 01, 02 etc otherwise they won't go in the correct order. As a guide 42 photo seems to be a good amount for the 26 pages, It is though down to your personal preference. You can add more or less which will just adjust the size of the photos. 

You can also add more photos if you want or delete any you aren't happy with. Give it a go now, it will give you plenty of time to get it just the way you want. Just be sure to save any changes you make.

• Like 1

Well I spent probably far too long compiling mine the other night - it really draws you in arranging and then re-arranging. From a marketing standpoint its been a win for them though.

I was surprised at how long it takes after that. I got the notification it was posted the next day!

My last post should have said fine tune. I did change it on my Kindle, but it must have reverted back to the predictive text.

I haven't had a chance to do any more, had a lot on. I have tried to do one myself before and gave up. This time I picked a few photos from each day of a cruise, numbered them in daily order then let them create it. Only had a couple I wanted to shuffle on the page, but I numbered two sea days (formal night) with the wrong number. I am happy with how they placed them, I just want to move the page. Anyone know how to do that.