Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
besberry

Silver Boxes

Recommended Posts

I'm off on my first Silversea cruise in February on Silver Galapagos.  When can I expect my silver box?  Also, when do excursions become avaialable online?  As it's an expedition, I don't even know if they'll ever be online, to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Silver Box arrives anything up to three months before your cruise and if you have used a TA will come via them.

On expedition ships, including the Silver Galapagos tours are discussed and booked on board.

Have a wonderful cruise.  Galapagos is magical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sailing to the Caribbean in January and just got my silver box a couple of days ago. When is your cruise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lois R said:

I am sailing to the Caribbean in January and just got my silver box a couple of days ago. When is your cruise?

February 15, so I guess it'll be a couple of weeks or so, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, besberry said:

February 15, so I guess it'll be a couple of weeks or so, then.

Yeah, give it some time.  We have a voyage on Jan 4 and haven’t rec’d anything yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received an email from UPS that a package from our TA is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  Can’t imagine it’s not our Silver Box.   That will be about 70 days before our cruise.   Mrs K thinks that will be about the earliest we’ve ever received our Silver Box.   Granted all but one of our eight Silversea cruises has been booked through a TA so there’s always the built in delay between when Silversea sends the box to our TA and our TA turns around and forwards it to us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Randy, I bet it is the box because I know you said you are sailing directly after me...…...I got mine last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Randy, I bet it is the box because I know you said you are sailing directly after me...…...I got mine last week.


Just one more step closer to the cruise!  Have to say we turned our backs on the mass market lines about the time they petty much collectively gave up mailed documents.   Don’t get me wrong, mailed documents or not had no influence on why we quit the bigger lines.  One cruise by happen chance on the Silver Wind from every aspect was more than enough.  The Silver Box was retrospectively the cherry on the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Randy, I bet it is the box because I know you said you are sailing directly after me...…...I got mine last week.


Got our Silver Box today from our TA.  Nice rebate check included too.   👍😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Randyk47 said:


Got our Silver Box today from our TA.  Nice rebate check included too.   👍😀

Great:classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New to Silversea and our first Cruise is on Muse in September. Can you tell me what the Silver Box is and what it contains please, sounds very intriguing, and will we get one as newcomers? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone gets one.

Box 100 days out.

Ticket 50 days out.

 

(But only if you've completed your on line check in on My Silversea)

 

Silver coloured cardboard box contains luggage tag, luggage labels, and travel journal.

 

 

Edited by jollyjones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Everyone gets one.

Box 100 days out.

Ticket 50 days out.

 

(But only if you've completed your on line check in on My Silversea)

 

Silver coloured cardboard box contains luggage tag, luggage labels, and travel journal.

 

 

I'm 70 days out and still waiting.  My consultant called a couple of weeks back and asked if it had arrived.  It hadn't!  She said she'd check and since then, silence!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tiggertom said:

Can you tell me what the Silver Box is and what it contains please, sounds very intriguing, and will we get one as newcomers?


Honestly, it’s no big deal.  In it you’ll find:

  1. A plastic card with your name on the front and lined blank space on the back to write your address and attach to your luggage;
  2. Paper tags for you to write your name and suite #; and
  3. A grey travel journal that takes all of the information available online and presents it in a little book.  It includes your cruise details, itinerary, a synopsis of each day and offered excursions, what to expect from life onboard the ship, and general travel information.

Whether you receive one is dependent on whether your booking agent remembers to forward it to you.  For example, our next voyage departs in 4-weeks and we haven’t received the silver box.  But, we do have a PDF file of our ticket and ultimately, that is all one needs.  I guarantee you, SS will have plenty of luggage tags for your use at the port when you arrive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

SS will have plenty of luggage tags for your use at the port when you arrive.

 

Wow, did they print extra for all of the suitcases you're bringing? 🤣

 

You can always borrow some of ours if you need extras. We're just down the hall from you. 

 

OP: this is what a silver box looks like:

 

20191127_184916.thumb.jpg.4c8ca1ee3c73433701849cc937bfb009.jpg

Edited by jpalbny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Wow, did they print extra for all of the suitcases you're bringing? 🤣

 

Ha!  SS probably decided not to send us any hoping that we wouldn’t bring 3 bags per passenger. 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:


 

Whether you receive one is dependent on whether your booking agent remembers to forward it to you.  For example, our next voyage departs in 4-weeks and we haven’t received the silver box.  

I believe we are on the same cruise and I've had mine since October.  

 

I agree it isn't really a big deal.  I just like it as a reminder the cruise is happening.  The week mine arrived had been a challenging one so it was nice to arrive home to a "brighten my day"

 

It was different in the "Olden Days" when it came in a much bigger box and with a few other bits n bobs"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, besberry said:

I'm 70 days out and still waiting.

 

The only thing I can suggest is to double check that you've completed everything under 'Guest Info' on My Silversea and that you've checked the three boxes for "Travel Docs', Terms & Conditions', and 'Passage Contract'.

Otherwise, apart from being lost in transit, I can't guess why you haven't received it.

At 50 days you can go to 'Documents' on My Silversea and if that shows your 'Cruise Ticket' available for download, at least you'll know you're getting on the ship, just download and print it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, besberry said:

I'm 70 days out and still waiting.  My consultant called a couple of weeks back and asked if it had arrived.  It hadn't!  She said she'd check and since then, silence!

We are also 70 days out and waiting. In the past it normally arrives in the U.K. around 2 months out, but this time it might get caught up in the Christmas post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jollyjones said:

 

The only thing I can suggest is to double check that you've completed everything under 'Guest Info' on My Silversea and that you've checked the three boxes for "Travel Docs', Terms & Conditions', and 'Passage Contract'.

Otherwise, apart from being lost in transit, I can't guess why you haven't received it.

At 50 days you can go to 'Documents' on My Silversea and if that shows your 'Cruise Ticket' available for download, at least you'll know you're getting on the ship, just download and print it.

Everything is complete.  But. having said that, I can't find the three boxes to tick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, besberry said:

Everything is complete.  But. having said that, I can't find the three boxes to tick!

 

In the Guest Info tab, you'll see this at the bottom:

IMG_7395.thumb.jpg.1211358caec736e810c888ba00ebdc44.jpg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MrsWaldo said:

I believe we are on the same cruise and I've had mine since October.  

 

I agree it isn't really a big deal.  I just like it as a reminder the cruise is happening.  The week mine arrived had been a challenging one so it was nice to arrive home to a "brighten my day"

 

It was different in the "Olden Days" when it came in a much bigger box and with a few other bits n bobs"


This is exciting to learn MrsWaldo!  I do hope we’ll have the chance to meet while on board.  You might enjoy seeing some of the posts for our sailing over in the Roll Call section if you’re interested.
 

I know exactly what you mean.  In our house, we always like to receive the silver box.  It brings a welcome bit of excitement that our voyage is almost here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:


This is exciting to learn MrsWaldo!  I do hope we’ll have the chance to meet while on board.  You might enjoy seeing some of the posts for our sailing over in the Roll Call section if you’re interested.
 

I know exactly what you mean.  In our house, we always like to receive the silver box.  It brings a welcome bit of excitement that our voyage is almost here.

Dang Nope, wrong cruise.

 

Someone on here is on our Syd-Syd cruise but I cant work out who it is.

 

I do wish I was doing Antarctica again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MrsWaldo said:

Dang Nope, wrong cruise.

 

Someone on here is on our Syd-Syd cruise but I cant work out who it is.

 

I do wish I was doing Antarctica again!

If it is Jan. 3rd leaving Sydney on the MUSE we will be on board after spending NYE in Sydney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Unibok said:

 

In the Guest Info tab, you'll see this at the bottom:

IMG_7395.thumb.jpg.1211358caec736e810c888ba00ebdc44.jpg

 

Yep!  They're all ticked and have been for ages.  I've had no reply to my email, so I guess I should phone.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...